NSW bans more guns, whaaa?

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: NSW bans more guns, whaaa?

Post by Gwion » 30 Dec 2017, 7:29 am

Ok. Still, legacy of controlling military style guns.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 30 Dec 2017, 8:57 am

Baitlayer wrote:Just read through this thread with some interest.I have only one question.It seems clear that these weapons are being banned because the sight of them might scare the the public.My question.When will they ever see them? At home they are locked in a safe.In transit they are secured out of sight and at a range or hunting location they only likely to be seen by other LAFOs. who I doubt would be scared of them.
If this is not case then I can only assume that the relevant authorities feel that ownership of such a firearm will automatically have us wandering the streets and firing randomly at anything or anyone that moves.
Again, if they don't ever see them, how can they be scared by them?
Ian

There is no rational or logical reason for most of the firearms legislation. Trying to find one will just hurt ya head. :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by doc » 04 Jan 2018, 3:55 pm

My take is the reason they are banned is that it's the next 'small slice' that they were able to take to eat into the current freedom (or what's left of it) when it comes to owning firearms. What government tell you is the reason, and the real reasons are normally quite different.

As a different example: take safety camera's for instance. They say it's about safety - but it's primarily about revenue. (Every now and then the proof leaks out such as minutes of a meeting where a safety camera was rejected at a certain location because it wouldn't "raise enough revenue", or a survey of police members that show more than 2/3rds of them agree that it's about revenue raising)...

Call me cynical - but generally speaking - if a politician gives me a reason - I tend to suspect they're lying. I believe the same applies here, regardless of whatever reason they might or might not give you. Recently I've been suspecting that politicians and bureaucrats aren't as dumb as people on here and elsewhere suggest. (In fact, I wonder if it's their best successful deception yet - letting people think that these decisions are made because they're dumb - and not because they have an agenda.) Rather I'm suspicious that these decisions are very deliberate and and intentionally thought out - not just a whim of the moment from someone who doesn't know better. Sure - some of them may be ignorant about the truth of firearms, and again I wonder if they're the 'show pony' for keeping a 'dumb' image.

My guess is either it was another excuse for them to remove and/or restrict firearms just that little bit more, or they're testing the waters to see just how far they can push things without a good reason. (Or both).
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 28 Jan 2018, 5:21 pm

The thing with this continual chipping away, bit by peice, at our ability to own firearms is the parliamentary whores we have allowed to take over.
Every one of them has their own little pet project or legislation, and every one of them is willing to trade us "down the river" to get their project up.
If that means supporting some extra bit of leglislative bastardry to buy support for their pet project, so be it.
We keep voting for these creatures because we are denied the right to vote for "None Of The Above".
What if they held an election and nobody voted for anyone?
Perhaps that's the only way to get their attention.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Jan 2018, 6:35 pm

"Nope, just vote below the line and put the majors and the greentatds last!"

Gets my vote. :thumbsup:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 29 Jan 2018, 12:07 pm

"Nope, just vote below the line and put the majors and the greentatds last!"

Trouble is, that's still voting for established entities who have made preference deals and the same cunning stunts end up getting in anyway.
We need to stop voting for any of them, period. Voting only encourages the bastards.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 29 Jan 2018, 2:50 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:"Nope, just vote below the line and put the majors and the greentatds last!"

Trouble is, that's still voting for established entities who have made preference deals and the same cunning stunts end up getting in anyway.
We need to stop voting for any of them, period. Voting only encourages the bastards.

Personally I like democracy. I think they've tried it your way around 1917 around Europe somewhere, didn't work all to well LOL
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 29 Jan 2018, 9:29 pm

"Personally I like democracy. "
If you actually like what our politicians pass off as "representative" government and think that that is democracy, I've got this nice bridge, going cheap.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Feb 2018, 5:22 pm

Just watching the ABC 24 News about the latest mass school shooting in Florida.
As much as we complain about our gun laws, things are at the opposite end of the insanity scale in the US.
A Democrat senator was saying that with the laws as they are, they can't even ban people on the Terrorist Watch List from buying high capacity semi-auto rifles.
No wonder they are having dramas, with every nong with cash able to attend a gun show and buy whatever they want with no checks and no wait time.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 15 Feb 2018, 5:30 pm

16-18 this year, in USA, depends how you look at it.

Let's pause for a moment. A firearm was discharged 18 times in the last two months across schools in the USA.

At some point, it stops being a gun problem. There's just something deeply deeply wrong with mentality of those people. The kids, their parents, media, everything. Just really, really wrong and dark.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 15 Feb 2018, 5:39 pm

I think our American posters can set us straight on the ownership rules which I am sure vary from state to state. But my understanding is if you have committed a crime even a small one by our standards. You are banned from ever owning a gun. At least here it is only a temporary non ownership.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Gwion » 15 Feb 2018, 6:19 pm

juststarting wrote:16-18 this year, in USA, depends how you look at it.

Let's pause for a moment. A firearm was discharged 18 times in the last two months across schools in the USA.

At some point, it stops being a gun problem. There's just something deeply deeply wrong with mentality of those people. The kids, their parents, media, everything. Just really, really wrong and dark.

I'd say they have a severe mental health issue in the US. An extension of their mercinary health care system.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 15 Feb 2018, 6:35 pm

Gwion wrote:
juststarting wrote:16-18 this year, in USA, depends how you look at it.

I'd say they have a severe mental health issue in the US. An extension of their mercinary health care system.

If people are using the widely quoted Everytown data that includes shootings with nobody injured and suicides in their school shooting tally.

https://everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/

Schools are gun free zones, this latest attack had someone who wasn't a student at that school shooting students.
Attachments
1973-a-student-and-teacher-guarding-a-delaware-high-school-21635110.png
1973-a-student-and-teacher-guarding-a-delaware-high-school-21635110.png (180.34 KiB) Viewed 6202 times
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 15 Feb 2018, 6:41 pm

Perhaps they need bigger signs.
Attachments
gunfreeschool-1.jpg
gunfreeschool-1.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 6199 times
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 15 Feb 2018, 6:54 pm

bentaz wrote:There are f*** loads of unemployed ex military who would make pretty good guards for schools in the states.
Bam........two problems solved, your welcome 'America!

:thumbsup:

While you're at it, provide affordable health care so people can afford the help and treatment they need.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by juststarting » 15 Feb 2018, 8:57 pm

Baronvonrort, you going to argue that it's not an intrinsic problem, seriously? Alright... I'll bite.

It is a correct number. The fact that in SOME of those instances nobody got hurt is a. good! And b. irrelevant. It's still 18!!!! times a firearm got discharged in school. 17 times if you don't count the negligent discharge.

With me so far? Guns go boom in school 17-18 times in one and a half months.

Here's a fact checked version:
"So of the 17 'school shootings' before Wednesday’s shooting; three students died; roughly 30-35 were injured."
Source: https://www.dailywire.com/node/27165

Now let's add this one:
20 confirmed dead
85 injured

And unfortunatelly we all know that some of those injured going to fall into the dead category.

That's in one and a half f***ing months! There is something seriously wrong with people in that country. To argue that, is just stupid.

...but I'm happy to hear a rebuttal. Go on?
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 15 Feb 2018, 9:01 pm

bentaz wrote:There are f*** loads of unemployed ex military who would make pretty good guards for schools in the states.
Bam........two problems solved, your welcome 'America!

I can see where you coming from here and I even know where you getting this from (I think we watch the same rants lol), but that's kind of not the point and would hardly fix anything. Perhaps reduce the impact, but not the likelihood.

Just f***ed up...
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 15 Feb 2018, 10:26 pm

juststarting wrote:Baronvonrort, you going to argue that it's not an intrinsic problem, seriously? Alright... I'll bite.

It is a correct number. The fact that in SOME of those instances nobody got hurt is a. good! And b. irrelevant. It's still 18!!!! times a firearm got discharged in school. 17 times if you don't count the negligent discharge.

With me so far? Guns go boom in school 17-18 times in one and a half months.

Here's a fact checked version:
"So of the 17 'school shootings' before Wednesday’s shooting; three students died; roughly 30-35 were injured."
Source: https://www.dailywire.com/node/27165

Now let's add this one:
20 confirmed dead
85 injured

And unfortunatelly we all know that some of those injured going to fall into the dead category.

That's in one and a half f***ing months! There is something seriously wrong with people in that country. To argue that, is just stupid.

...but I'm happy to hear a rebuttal. Go on?

I went to Coral Springs high school in 1982 for Yr 10 which is the closest high school to todays shooting. Schools were not gun free zones back then school shootings were virtually unheard of. Kids would have guns in their cars one of my friends was given an Uzi for his 16th birthday he brought it to school to show us. You could get your learners permit at 15 and full license to drive at 16.
We had a police officer in the school full time he had his own office I spoke to him a few times his name was Jerry. Coral Springs was a good area it was common for one police officer to be in schools even in good areas where they did SFA during the day.

So what has changed since I was a 16 year old doing a year in an American high school where kids would have guns in their car and nobody got shot, the 2 changes I see are police are no longer in schools and they're gun free zones.

Todays attack was done by a person who was not a student in a gun free zone.

I think it's wrong to consider a gun fired with nobody injured as a school shooting, the gun grabbers need to inflate numbers.

Since all schools have become gun free zones and they no longer have police in schools perhaps a few parents suing the schools for not providing security will bring a change from school administrators, lawsuits tend to get a response to prevent future lawsuits.

You are wrong in saying there is something seriously wrong with people in that country, these shootings aren't being done by Alpha males they're being done by despicable losers.

What solution do you suggest to stop school shootings in the US that doesn't violate constitutional rights?
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 15 Feb 2018, 11:08 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:So what has changed since I was a 16 year old doing a year in an American high school where kids would have guns in their car and nobody got shot, the 2 changes I see are police are no longer in schools and they're gun free zones.

I have no idea.

I think it's wrong to consider a gun fired with nobody injured as a school shooting, the gun grabbers need to inflate numbers.

If you count injuries, it's still a big number, anything over an outlier is a big number in this case. As for gun grabbers, that horse has bolted, handguns in USA will never be banned... I think it's an irrelevant point though, this is by far not a gun issue.

Since all schools have become gun free zones and they no longer have police in schools perhaps a few parents suing the schools for not providing security will bring a change from school administrators, lawsuits tend to get a response to prevent future lawsuits.

School and gun free zone, you say it with such casual normality. It just blows my mind, gun free, not gun free, just blows my mind when we talk about armed incident and armed response in schools. It's madness for a first world country.

You are wrong in saying there is something seriously wrong with people in that country

I hope so. I know a lot of awesome Americans, but something is undeniably wrong in the psyche, for this to be happening with such boring regularity.

these shootings aren't being done by Alpha males they're being done by despicable losers.

Relevance? I don't see where you got alpha males or despicable losers from. It is done, mostly, by American kids. Maybe it's just normal. I sound like the biggest dick when I say I am largely against immigration from war torn countries, that have been so for generations (e.g. middle east, where this is the way of life, rather than a temporary conflict, such as Yugoslavia). If someone is born into it, they are not changing. I am thinking, maybe, America is becoming one of those countries. They have been at war with someone since WWII. Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and countless smaller conflicts. Maybe killing is now ingrained into this generation and it will take 3 more generations of peace to unfuck the situation. Again, no idea. I just look at the data...

What solution do you suggest to stop school shootings in the US that doesn't violate constitutional rights?

I like how you sneaked "that doesn't violate constitutional rights" in... I am by no means against guns, heck, I'd love a belt fed machine-gun. Like I said, this is not a gun problem. And even if it was, there are too many guns in circulation anyway. So I don't know. Maybe something around better social/support services, but I don't know.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 16 Feb 2018, 5:37 am

How about a society that cares for it's citizens?
You know. Proper wages. An affordable healthcare system. Remove the stress of daily survival that must compound to the point where people just break...
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 Feb 2018, 8:23 am

I just read a report this morning that the Republican controlled congress blocked a move that would limit people with serious mentally illness from getting easy access to guns because "That would infringe their constitutional right to bears arms."
And they wonder why this keeps happening?
Seems simple to me, if whacking yourself in the face with a 4 x 2 hurts more than you can stand, put down the 4 x 2 and get another hobby.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 16 Feb 2018, 11:54 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:I just read a report this morning that the Republican controlled congress blocked a move that would limit people with serious mentally illness from getting easy access to guns because "That would infringe their constitutional right to bears arms."
And they wonder why this keeps happening?
Seems simple to me, if whacking yourself in the face with a 4 x 2 hurts more than you can stand, put down the 4 x 2 and get another hobby.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers when it comes to guns, facts are not important to gun grabbers.

The Obama bill for those on Social Security who are incapable of managing their money was never implemented, the media reports gun groups opposed this bill they fail to include many civil rights and disabled rights groups also opposed this bill because it did not have sufficient due process protections.

Here is a link worth reading click on the links at bottom of page for the groups representing those with disabilities on why they opposed this Obama bill-
http://freebeacon.com/issues/media-misrepresent-trump-reversal-obama-era-mental-health-gun-regulation/

From Snopes-
In the wake of a horrific school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead in February 2018, media renewed focus on an Obama-era regulation repealed in the early months of the Trump administration. That rule would have given the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which is used for gun sales, access to Social Security Administration data including the names of individuals receiving certain federal mental health benefits.

As we explained in a 17 February 2017 post, this rule — which never went into effect before being rescinded — did not change any existing laws regulating who is allowed to purchase guns. It merely would have provided a new way to enforce existing restrictions on gun sales by allowing a transfer of information from one agency to another. There are now, and have been for some time, laws that seek to limit gun sales to anyone “who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution” per Title 18 section 922(g) of the United States Code.
https://www.snopes.com/trump-sign-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-illnesses/

Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 16 Feb 2018, 12:18 pm

juststarting wrote:
Baronvonrort wrote:So what has changed since I was a 16 year old doing a year in an American high school where kids would have guns in their car and nobody got shot, the 2 changes I see are police are no longer in schools and they're gun free zones.

I have no idea.

If you count injuries, it's still a big number, anything over an outlier is a big number in this case. As for gun grabbers, that horse has bolted, handguns in USA will never be banned... I think it's an irrelevant point though, this is by far not a gun issue.

School and gun free zone, you say it with such casual normality. It just blows my mind, gun free, not gun free, just blows my mind when we talk about armed incident and armed response in schools. It's madness for a first world country.

You are wrong in saying there is something seriously wrong with people in that country

I hope so. I know a lot of awesome Americans, but something is undeniably wrong in the psyche, for this to be happening with such boring regularity.

these shootings aren't being done by Alpha males they're being done by despicable losers.

Relevance? I don't see where you got alpha males or despicable losers from. It is done, mostly, by American kids. Maybe it's just normal. I sound like the biggest dick when I say I am largely against immigration from war torn countries, that have been so for generations (e.g. middle east, where this is the way of life, rather than a temporary conflict, such as Yugoslavia). If someone is born into it, they are not changing. I am thinking, maybe, America is becoming one of those countries. They have been at war with someone since WWII. Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and countless smaller conflicts. Maybe killing is now ingrained into this generation and it will take 3 more generations of peace to unfuck the situation. Again, no idea. I just look at the data...

I like how you sneaked "that doesn't violate constitutional rights" in... I am by no means against guns, heck, I'd love a belt fed machine-gun. Like I said, this is not a gun problem. And even if it was, there are too many guns in circulation anyway. So I don't know. Maybe something around better social/support services, but I don't know.

The Washington Post says a school with no teachers or students that had been closed for 7 months is included in that list of 18 school shootings,someone fired rounds at 8pm in the parking lot nobody injured yet that is counted as a school shooting. Everytown is Blomberg funded Bloomberg hates guns.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.f7926efd5559

As for gun free zones that's where the vast majority of mass shootings occur, school shootings weren't this much of a problem back in the days when kids and teachers took guns to school. Perhaps they need better enforcement of these gun free zones like they have in Government buildings and courthouses.

As for the relevance on Alpha males not being the offender in these shootings I think it's something that needs to be looked at, all the offenders appear to be losers who see these shootings as a way of becoming well known and copycats are increasing. I think the suggestion by mental health professionals in not naming offenders has some merit we should focus on the victims not the offender.

As for violating constitutional rights the 4th Amendment is why they don't have RBT or Mobile drug testing for drivers in the USA despite 30,000- 40,000 people a year getting killed on their roads, I could care less about machine guns they have been heavily regulated since 1986 in the USA and not a single crime done with registered full auto since then. It will be difficult to take guns from people without violating their 4A rights.

This latest offender has been treated for mental illness in the past, since he was 19 what happened before he was 18 cannot be included perhaps that needs to change as people don't become better when they suddenly turn 18.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 17 Feb 2018, 6:48 am

Now it's come out that the FBI received detailed tip about this fella on 5th jan (abc news) and failed to follow up on it! :unknown:
I'd say heads will roll!!! :crazy:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 17 Feb 2018, 12:25 pm

@Baronvonrort
You are right, you can not believe everything you read, which is why I do a background on sources. I got that report from the ABC, no need to background them.
However on backgrounding The Washington Free Beacon:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washi ... #Reception
Borchers, Callum (2017-10-27). "Analysis | Washington Free Beacon reported 'an unknown GOP client' funded Fusion GPS. It was the Beacon". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2017-10-28.
"David Brock Advises Media Of The Washington Free Beacon's Unethical Practices". Media Matters for America. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
They seem rather a dubious source.

I would suggest that someone who lacks the intellectual horsepower to handle money is not really someone who should have unfettered access to an AR-15.
The NRA said:
"The Obama administration's last minute, back-door gun grab would have stripped law-abiding citizens of their constitutional right to self-defense without due process," Chris W. Cox, head of the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm, said in February".

A person so mentally unstable that they can not be trusted with a pocket full of cash might have any sort of paranoid fantasy. Even one that would lead them to believe that, for example, the kindergarten across the road was actually an alien outpost bent on world domination and that their only recourse to defend themselves and the world at large was to dispose of the threat.
It was not aimed a "gun-grabbing", rather at keeping guns from the hands of those unfortunates who have been deemed mentally incompetent. Do not forget that someone deemed incompetent to handle money would also be deemed unfit to stand trial if they went postal with a firearm.

Upon reading the entire Snopes Fact Check, I draw your attention to the final paragraph:
"While the law did not change who is required to be the subject of background checks, it is true that Trump signed into law the repeal of a measure that would have plausibly prevented certain classes of mentally ill people from purchasing firearms by allowing a new data source to be included the system that runs those background checks. As such we rank the claim mostly true."
This paragraph supports my above post. Obama tried to keep guns from the hands of loons, the Republicans gave them back free reign.

I am far from anti-gun, I've owned them and used them for 46 years. While I believe that Australian political knee-jerkery has pushed our controls beyond the sensible into borderline persecution of gun owners, and some are just preposterous, even banning some 'king Nerf guns FFS, I am merely pointing out the FACT that it is far too easy to get hold of high capacity, rapid-fire guns in the US, in some cases with no checks or wait time.

The travelling gun show loophole is a prime example. It is a federal offence to restrict interstate trade in the US, so it is not possible under the constitution to prevent a gun dealer from state A from travelling to state B to sell guns at a temporary gun show where there is neither time nor provision to do background checks or to enforce a waiting period. This means that you can turn up at the gun show with a suitcase full of greenbacks and drive off with a truck load of semi-auto's and ammo and disappear to resell them at your leisure to your local gangbanger, mental patient or depressed and disaffected school drop-out.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 17 Feb 2018, 1:17 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:@Baronvonrort
You are right, you can not believe everything you read, which is why I do a background on sources. I got that report from the ABC, no need to background them.
However on backgrounding The Washington Free Beacon:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washi ... #Reception
Borchers, Callum (2017-10-27). "Analysis | Washington Free Beacon reported 'an unknown GOP client' funded Fusion GPS. It was the Beacon". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2017-10-28.

Upon reading the entire Snopes Fact Check, I draw your attention to the final paragraph:
"While the law did not change who is required to be the subject of background checks, it is true that Trump signed into law the repeal of a measure that would have plausibly prevented certain classes of mentally ill people from purchasing firearms by allowing a new data source to be included the system that runs those background checks. As such we rank the claim mostly true."
This paragraph supports my above post. Obama tried to keep guns from the hands of loons, the Republicans gave them back free reign.

Free Beacon did have links in red from disability and mental health groups who supported Trump rescinding Obamas gun grab, perhaps you should read why these groups supported trump on this issue, was it about due process?

I don't always agree with everything snopes writes they have been wrong before, they were right in saying trump rescinded something that had never taken effect and no existing laws were changed in regards to mentally ill people not being allowed to have guns so how did the loons get them back free reign as you claim?

The American Civil Liberties also supported trump on this issue you can read their pdf here, is this a credible source for you- https://www.aclu.org/letter/aclu-endorses-hr-3516-social-security-beneficiary-2nd

Obama did nothing to keep guns out of the hands of loons and the republicans did nothing to give them back, what Obama did was try to ban those on social security who are incapable of managing their money from having guns, this was opposed by disabled and mental health groups along with ACLU who say not everyone who cannot manage their money is a danger to society.

You could check this out as well
Requirements to Purchase a Firearm
How do I find out if I am eligible to purchase a firearm?

Following are a list of reasons you may be denied a purchase of a firearm:

Felony conviction
Active warrant (felony or misdemeanor)
Unlawful user or addicted to any controlled substance
Adjudicated mentally defective or involuntarily committed by a judge
Illegal alien status
Dishonorable discharge from US Armed Forces
Renounced United States citizenship
Active protection order (injunction for protection, restraining order, etc.)
Convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
Under indictment or information for a crime punishable by a term exceeding one year in prison.
Adjudicated delinquent or received adjudication withheld as a juvenile for a felony charge and person is under the age of 24
Adjudication withheld for any felony or a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence and three years has not yet lapsed since the completion of sentencing provisions

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FPP/FAQs2.aspx

There is a lot of bulls**t when it comes to gun laws, try reading this link where Federal investigators tried to illegally buy guns online and failed to buy a gun after 72 attempts- https://www.dailywire.com/news/25472/narrative-fail-investigators-tried-illegally-buy-ryan-saavedra
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 17 Feb 2018, 6:33 pm

Yes, the links you provide here demonstrate that it is far from a black and white issue. I wasn't trying to contend that it wasn't.
No, being mentally impaired to the point that you cannot manage your own finances is not ispso facto proof that you are likely to be violent.
However, the gun show loophole (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_show_loophole) does make a mockery of every other control they try to enforce.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Bent Arrow » 18 Feb 2018, 9:08 am

bentaz wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UEihkjKNhN8

Funny as
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 18 Feb 2018, 12:06 pm

@bentaz
There's videos and there's videos. All depends on the agenda of the maker of the clip. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Crowder
The Crouder video had me thinking I had been talking out my blurter.
Then I watched this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51Gr0zpX_c
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bones-350 » 30 May 2018, 9:58 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Just think how much safer well be with such ridiculous restrictions... and the children, think about them to :roll:

I whish the USA would hurry up and make Australia their fifty first state.

Haven't you noticed yet the govt. is selling us out to the Chinese bit by bit.
Commies love their Kalashnikovs.
China takes over,
1. no more Anti Gun Lobby
2. Our Western Society firearms will be taken back and replaced with Commy State AK47's
:clap: :drinks:
Marlin.22lr, Marlin17 hmr, Marlin.22wmr, Weatherby action Krieger.223rem, Howa action,Krieger 243w, Ruger 7mm.RM, Rem30.06 & Adler
bones-350
Private
Private

South Australia

PreviousNext

Return to New South Wales gun laws