Customs Seizure - Airsoft BB's

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

Re: Customs Seizure - Airsoft BB's

Post by Dunxy » 08 Oct 2017, 8:29 am

Slingshots are illegal in most states, some states allow "pest controllers" that arent slingshots, honestly ;) It can be trivial crap like selling handle and band separate, this was case in vic for couple of years prior to the banning.Technically they arent banned just regulated anyway, legal imported ones get serialized just like a firearm and theres licensing and registration, it would be laughable if it wasn't sad!

A little bird told me as long as its not braced, they can be purchased online and make it through customs.

As for the inert plastic BB's, that's just beyond full retard.Yup id be looking at raw plastic material or theres also these "microspheres" stuff they mix with resin when doing fiberglass(mates a boat builder) that would work well.
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 08 Oct 2017, 12:46 pm

Some useful tips there guys. I'll try without any plastic and see what the finish is like.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by perentie » 06 Sep 2020, 4:41 pm

Just been reading up on powder coating. I am a few years behind. Did you find a suitable pellet or bead?
What powder are you using.?
I see Eastman powders on Ebay
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 06 Sep 2020, 4:43 pm

perentie wrote:Just been reading up on powder coating. I am a few years behind. Did you find a suitable pellet or bead?
What powder are you using.?
I see Eastman powders on Ebay

I'm using Eastman direct from PCC.
I never found a need to try plastic, I've only had one instance of less-than-perfect finish and I put that down to handling the bullets beforehand.
But I keep meaning to try the same pellets I use in my shooting bags.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 07 Sep 2020, 12:47 am

bladeracer wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Hey blade try plasticballs.com they should have what ya looking for. :thumbsup:

Looks great, now I just need to work out what Airsoft BB's are made from :-)

The ones I use for scenarios at work are compressed chalk. The cheaper ones are plastic.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws