Full Pistol license and PTA application timeframe

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Full Pistol license and PTA application timeframe

Post by Justin9mm » 26 Oct 2017, 6:41 pm

Hi,

I'm in Victoria and just over a month ago I submitted my full license application with my first Permit To Acquire application at the same time. My provisional was due to expire on 27th October.

I've just received the full license payment form in the mail today and it gives 1 month to make payment Now I assume once that is paid and the payment details come through to LRD, then they will finish processing my PTA and send that out. The issue I have is that I ordered a new pistol and it is waiting to go through customs through the firearm dealer and he said it should be about mid November when it arrives.

I'm wondering if I should hold off on paying the full license until I know when the pistol will arrive so the PTA doesn't expire after 28 days should there be a delay?

Anyone have any experience with this? I assume you can't extend a PTA even if the dealer lets LRD know for example that the pistol will come in a few days after the PTA is due to expire?

Thanks.
Justin9mm
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Full Pistol license and PTA application timeframe

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 27 Oct 2017, 6:43 am

Just explain it to LRD are they will most likely know what to do. Or not depends how nice they are feeling.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Full Pistol license and PTA application timeframe

Post by yoshie » 27 Oct 2017, 11:26 am

Not relevant but i moved from ACT to QLD with a dozen guns ( pistols, rifles and shot guns) and it was over a year until i had my licenses and guns correctly listed. If you're getting into shooting, be prepared to wait.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Return to Victorian gun laws