Help/advice re Renewing my licence Update

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Help/advice re Renewing my licence Update

Post by Wm.Traynor » 07 Nov 2017, 3:35 pm

Qld Weapons Licencing has sent me Form 6B and my problem is with #2 Genuine Reason. They have printed, "Sports or target shooting", which is right because I was doing both hunting and target shooting at the time of my last renewal. However, they have the Club Name wrong as I no longer belong to the QRA. I have always belonged to the SSAA however and would have put that on my last renewal. They have omitted that. It gets complicated now, because in #3 they ask if my Genuine Reason details have changed and if so, I should complete Form 6A/B. Keeping in mind that QWL changed my GR details (by omission) should I complete 6A/B or check myself in to the nearest rubber room :crazy:
Last edited by Wm.Traynor on 08 Nov 2017, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: Help/advice re Renewing my licence

Post by RoginaJack » 07 Nov 2017, 4:52 pm

I'd suggest give QWL a ring to sort it out. I've always found them to be helpful..
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Re: Help/advice re Renewing my licence

Post by marksman » 08 Nov 2017, 8:34 am

couldn't you just change it on your renewal application?
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: Help/advice re Renewing my licence Update

Post by Wm.Traynor » 08 Nov 2017, 2:09 pm

I took RoginaJack"s advice and rang QWL this pm. Took no time to get on :thumbsup: The lady told me pretty much what marksman said :thumbsup: Now here's the thing (pregnant pause :twisted: ). I initially asked her why they left off the name of my other club without mentioning its name. She looked up my previous application and asked me if I still belonged to SSAA. I told her that she had read that name off my old application. I never told her what it was. She told me what marksman said. Never found out why they left it out. Thanks very much #$%%^&. Bye :unknown: :D

And thank you, you two blokes :D
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Norton » 15 Nov 2017, 10:44 am

Just sound like a clerical error, whoever put your renewal through missed a bit?
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 15 Nov 2017, 1:43 pm

Norton wrote:Just sound like a clerical error, whoever put your renewal through missed a bit?

Clerical error? I don't know but after getting that cleared up, I looked at the Weapons List attached and they have called my air rifle a Rimfire. To be honest, I think they called it the same thing last time I renewed. I have crossed that out this time and will just hand it in as I have emended things.
Clerical error? Incompetence? Putting The Weapons List and the Club Name together I suspect that they don't know the subject as a whole and are just 9 to 5 pen pushers. But they could be a nuisance if they want to be.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 15 Nov 2017, 5:54 pm

Yes, very interesting. Apparently WLBs does check to see if memberships of Clubs have been renewed for reasons to own, so should you change club etc, just make sure that the new club is recognised by WLBs.
Apparently, there has been some discrepancies between Weapons licensing lists and what's in the safe, both in numbers and descriptions; might pay to double check with the inspecting officer to confirm that all is the same.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 15 Nov 2017, 7:14 pm

RoginaJack,
Who is the "inspecting officer"?
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 16 Nov 2017, 9:49 am

Wm.Traynor wrote:RoginaJack,
Who is the "inspecting officer"?

The storage of weapons is subject to inspections by the Weapons Licensing Board (WLB) to ensure that all weapons are stored safe ans secured in accordance with the different types of licences and storage requirements.
So, you'll receive a polite phone call from the local constabulary to arrange a time for the Police Officer, "Inspecting Officer" to inspect the storage and confirm that the list of weapons held is in accordance with and meet the storage requirements etc

This goes without saying that upon arrival by the Officers, the ONLY person to open the safe is the LICENCE Firearm owner.... :o

For further information see Queensland - Section 60 of the Weapons Act 1990 and sections 94-97 of the Weapons Regulations 2016 detail specific requirements relating to storage.

:)
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 16 Nov 2017, 11:51 am

Thank you RoginaJack :D Think i will ring QWL and arrange an inspection to sort this matter out once and for all.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws