Family law orders on a P650

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Family law orders on a P650

Post by Cupcake21 » 05 Dec 2017, 2:44 am

So I'm new at all this and I'm looking over the forms and I see the last question in section 2 of the P650 is have you been the subject of a family law order (or a DVO or an AVO)

So I'm going through family law courts now to finalise the custody arrangements with my kids from my previous marriage, so is that going to discount me from getting a permit?

I checked NSW police website but they only mention the DVO and the AVO and child protection orders. None of that applies to me or my ex, no one took our kids, neither one of us are violent or any of that, we just needed formal agreements.
Cupcake21
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Family law orders on a P650

Post by ebr love » 05 Dec 2017, 1:02 pm

I think you've answered your own question mate?

Going through family court isn't a crime, if everything on the behaviour front with the missus and kids is above board then it has nothing to do with anything.

Have you ever been subject to family order, DVO or AVO against you. That's the question.

Sounds like the answer is no, right? So answer no.
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Cupcake21 » 05 Dec 2017, 4:32 pm

Anyone who goes through family law court has/ is the subject of a family law order though. There are orders between my ex and me, I'm named on those orders and so is she and her husband, so there is family law orders concerning me.

it just doesn't sound right to me. Cause if having a family law order stopped you getting a permit then anyone who's been divorced or separated and has kids wouldn't be able to hold one for ten years till the orders end. Orders end when the youngest kids 18. So if you gotta wait ten years then that's like 28 years and a whole lot of bulls**t.
Cupcake21
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 05 Dec 2017, 6:09 pm

Write a letter with ya application and explain what the orders are. Explain that they are amicable and that ya never been subject to a dvo etc. :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 05 Dec 2017, 6:29 pm

dont tell any porkie's or they will come down hard on you, your best bet is to answer the question and advise them what it's about, I think you should be ok :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 05 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

My twin Bro was once hooked up with the most evil shrew, a truly foul person.
Following their separation she four times filed spurious AVOs, Bill would front the court and she would not, the AVO would be dismissed and she would file another one [at nil cost] next time she was in town.
His firearms were in and out of custody with the local copper every time.
Bill was told that after she had done this s3it eight times he could hire a lawyer and have her declared a "vexatious litigant".
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 05 Dec 2017, 6:53 pm

marksman wrote:dont tell any porkie's or they will come down hard on you, your best bet is to answer the question and advise them what it's about, I think you should be ok :thumbsup:

Very important!!! Don't try to bullsh@t them!!!! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 06 Dec 2017, 12:32 pm

Cupcake21 you should be ok we have locals up here that went through that to have custody decided as one had another partner
But there was no mention of violence what so ever
Now if when you and your ex are having your custody decided by the court and violence is mentioned in any degree then that will
be a different matter it will be taken into account
Even past violence or threatening instances
Hope all goes well

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Return to New South Wales gun laws