PTA Victoria - owners of 10+ firearms

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: PTA Victoria - owners of 10+ firearms

Post by marksman » 09 Dec 2017, 12:27 pm

winton wrote:
marksman wrote:really LRD are within the law asking for more details as when I received the answer back to my question regarding the 10 centerfire's which basically was that the chief commissioner has the right to ask for more detail

They are within their rights, but if their going to be approving every reason they get, then it becomes pointless. Its going to mean more work for them and the return isn't going to be what they hoped.

dead right there winton :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I did hear a rumour that it has something to do with gun control pushing for it but that is rumour :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by winton » 09 Dec 2017, 1:42 pm

marksman wrote:
I did hear a rumour that it has something to do with gun control pushing for it but that is rumour :unknown:

Its political.

I wonder how long LRD with its limited resources are going to keep it up? There's gotta be a point where they say, hey, unless we get more resources, this manual reading of reasons and the judgements that occur, and the tooing and throwing with resubmissions and the odd appeal are alot of work.

Then there's the push back heat on the Police Minister who has to answer to all this.

If they keep it up, I'd be surprised.
winton
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bent Arrow » 09 Dec 2017, 2:22 pm

winton wrote:
marksman wrote: There's gotta be a point where they say, hey, unless we get more resources, this manual reading of reasons and the judgements that occur, and the tooing and throwing with resubmissions and the odd appeal are alot of work....... .

I wouldn't count on it. In SA it's all manual, it's a paper system that goes from you to them, back to you and then back to them.............
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Gun-nut » 11 Dec 2017, 8:58 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:
winton wrote:
marksman wrote: There's gotta be a point where they say, hey, unless we get more resources, this manual reading of reasons and the judgements that occur, and the tooing and throwing with resubmissions and the odd appeal are alot of work....... .

I wouldn't count on it. In SA it's all manual, it's a paper system that goes from you to them, back to you and then back to them.............

I always thought that's because there's no power in South Australia... :allegedly:
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by winton » 12 Dec 2017, 3:44 pm

Got my Latest PTA in 24 hours, no reason provided. Looks like they've cut down on the extra administration. I'll report back if I get a visit from the DFO. All my stuff is in ship shape, so I look forward to it.
winton
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Raptor209 » 18 Dec 2017, 1:08 am

bladeracer wrote:
bentaz wrote:I have plenty more than 10 guns and had a permit for another shotgun approved yesterday.

Shotguns are Cat A though?
You don't need any reason to purchase Cat A.

Adler A110 is now Cat B in WA and I assume also nation wide from the 1st November ?
Raptor209
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 18 Dec 2017, 7:26 am

Raptor209 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
bentaz wrote:I have plenty more than 10 guns and had a permit for another shotgun approved yesterday.

Shotguns are Cat A though?
You don't need any reason to purchase Cat A.

Adler A110 is now Cat B in WA and I assume also nation wide from the 1st November ?

Doesn't come in in qld until next year :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Victorian gun laws