West aussie licence

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

West aussie licence

Post by kb1 » 09 Dec 2017, 7:48 am

Hi all my wife applied for addition to her licence here in wa.
Open class licence for 222 and already has 22 cz jag.
As of tomorrow itll be 9 weeks waiting.
This is a little too long. We've rang up and they say its still getting processed.
Has anyone else had or having a delay like this.
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: West aussie licence

Post by kb1 » 12 Dec 2017, 1:30 pm

Got answer this morn. They trying to varify the origin of the rifle. Whats this mean.
It had serial numbers taken down. Service certs .
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by holden4th » 12 Dec 2017, 1:48 pm

WAPOL just doesn't want anyone in WA to have firearms so they make it as difficult as possible.
holden4th
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 12 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm

Im almost up to the month point waiting for my pta it was magically approved 15 minutes after i called them however think that they have posted it to the dealer
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by kb1 » 12 Dec 2017, 2:51 pm

Honestly would have thought there is so much other issues to deal with. Obviously we have to many police here if they have the time to piss everyone about.
It takes less than ten weeks for a pistol licences
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 12 Dec 2017, 3:45 pm

holden4th wrote:WAPOL just doesn't want anyone in WA to have firearms so they make it as difficult as possible.

No way!!! WA is really the BEST place in oz to own firearms!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :allegedly: :sarcasm: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 12 Dec 2017, 3:47 pm

kb1 wrote:Got answer this morn. They trying to varify the origin of the rifle. Whats this mean.

It means they've already ready switched to xmas mode and can't be effed! ! :thumbsup: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by kb1 » 12 Dec 2017, 8:00 pm

Anyone got a place to rent in rural vic or qld.
Over wa
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Sawyers » 13 Dec 2017, 9:45 am

Daddybang wrote:
kb1 wrote:Got answer this morn. They trying to varify the origin of the rifle. Whats this mean.

It means they've already ready switched to xmas mode and can't be effed! ! :thumbsup: :lol: :drinks:

Its usualy the opposite and they get thinggs moving before christmas so there not banked up with paperwork in the new year.
Sawyers
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by kb1 » 13 Dec 2017, 8:47 pm

What does varifying the firearms origin
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 13 Dec 2017, 10:23 pm

kb1 wrote:What does varifying the firearms origin

:allegedly: it means they want to make sure it's not stolen! Probably just another obstacle they can throw wt ya to delay letting ya have it :unknown: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by kb1 » 14 Dec 2017, 9:21 am

I would have thought when we first took it to the police station ti obtain permit to carry it to the gun store for serviceability check they would have checked the numbers for being stolen etc. They ran the numbers through the computer.
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 14 Dec 2017, 9:30 am

kb1 wrote:I would have thought when we first took it to the police station ti obtain permit to carry it to the gun store for serviceability check they would have checked the numbers for being stolen etc. They ran the numbers through the computer.

Sounds more like they are just throwing obstacles in the way . Not much ya can do about it other than packing up and moving to a normal state!!! :lol: :lol:
Ps I'm in qld and not a lot that happens with wa firearms legislation makes any sense to me!! :lol: :lol: :drinks:
(I'll probably get a couple of bites with that comment! :D ) best of luck with it all :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by kb1 » 15 Dec 2017, 1:14 pm

As of now its 10 weeks and 4 days for addition to licence. Fu@"?!ing unbelievable. Next week its 11 weeks.
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by simmo » 15 Dec 2017, 4:47 pm

Easy answer is don’t live in that lazy over governed s**t hole if a state.
WAPOL are the ****** police in the country. You are dealing with a bunch of people who have failed at or we’re never good enough to something else they would rather be doing in life and are just taking that frustration out on the public.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by duncan61 » 17 Dec 2017, 11:58 pm

I normally defend W.A. but I am not this time.It is totally unacceptable and they haved made themself unapproachable by getting the post office to handle it.I took possesion of a buddies firearms that had been in a firearms dealer for over 3 years.2 rifles and a shotgun and had it all proccessed in less than 3 weeks.You have the right to this equipment as you have private property to use it on.Its time to start asking questions.PM your no and I will stir things up for you
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Raptor209 » 18 Dec 2017, 12:17 am

kb1 wrote:As of now its 10 weeks and 4 days for addition to licence. Fu@"?!ing unbelievable. Next week its 11 weeks.

FYI, In WA also, but I can't really complain about the current wait time in my situation, it took longer in postage time from the initial application combined with the postage time to send it back to me.

My application to add 2 x Cat B items was submitted around the 28th October, was not received/entered as received for nearly two weeks of submitting at aust post, final approval around the 6th December and took until 13th December for updated licence to arrive in the mail. I also called the registry several times during the process as it did not get allocated to a review officer for about 4 weeks after submitting at Australia Post

I understand things take time however there should be an online tool where it shows what the current status is(apart from the current method of only showing at the end as approved. You would think it would save a load of calls to the call centre(although the ladies were always friendly on the phone and provided answers quickly, they do note down on the file when you call etc)

ONLINE STATUS could be

1. Received at Aus Post
2. Received at WAPOL Licencing
3. Processing
3. Allocated to Review officer
4. Result
5. Licence Posted date
Raptor209
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Rikta » 18 Dec 2017, 3:00 pm

for some reason they are dredging through old s**t too, my dad went in the other day to do a stat dec that he sold a shotgun in 1974 and they were asking him where it is now, and he is like, i sold the fkn thing in 1974 how would i know where it is
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 18 Dec 2017, 3:44 pm

Sounds like they're going to try some bullsh@t over there. Might be some "interesting" times ahead for ya's :unknown: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by TRG » 18 Dec 2017, 6:51 pm

Gday Guys, There is the new WAPOL Public Portal. click on question put in lic renewal/Application or addition number from aust post and it tell you where om the process it is at. Doesnt make it any faster. Recent addition of mine 11 weeks and the new system implemented start this year was to be more efficient! B.S.
You would think for an addition $170.00 it would be received and processed in 2 weeks. SERIOUSLY the system is understaff and made to be frustrating. The govern make so much money off our legal sport yet the rort us and then under service us.
Attachments
WAPOL Firearms portal.JPG
WAPOL Firearms portal.JPG (99.31 KiB) Viewed 6645 times
TRG
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 18 Dec 2017, 7:26 pm

TRG wrote:Gday Guys, There is the new WAPOL Public Portal. click on question put in lic renewal/Application or addition number from aust post and it tell you where om the process it is at. Doesnt make it any faster. Recent addition of mine 11 weeks and the new system implemented start this year was to be more efficient! B.S.
You would think for an addition $170.00 it would be received and processed in 2 weeks. SERIOUSLY the system is understaff and made to be frustrating. The govern make so much money off our legal sport yet the rort us and then under service us.

Suddenly I'm not so pi$$ed off with the 38 dollars and ten day wait I've just had to get my 30/30 :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Raptor209 » 18 Dec 2017, 8:26 pm

TRG wrote:Gday Guys, There is the new WAPOL Public Portal. click on question put in lic renewal/Application or addition number from aust post and it tell you where om the process it is at. Doesnt make it any faster. Recent addition of mine 11 weeks and the new system implemented start this year was to be more efficient! B.S.

The portal only showed once my application was approved. up until that stage it identified the application number as invalid
Raptor209
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by kb1 » 19 Dec 2017, 8:55 pm

duncan 61 ive pmd you mate
i can see from the feed back here im not the only one suffering here , yesterday it was officially 11 weeks , october 3 everything was submitted .
was at local shop this morning also they had someone take 13 weeks for an air rifle , i really dont know what can be done about this i think it need political pressure .
was ssaa people start hitting the pollies up over it cause really its unacceptable , not really the time frame but the inconsistency in timeframe .
4 to 6 weeks in general but out to 13 weeks no mate sorry thats bull**($#t
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 21 Dec 2017, 9:44 pm

I am on to it.SFFP
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 22 Dec 2017, 11:54 am

Get into'em fellas!!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by safeshot » 27 Dec 2017, 7:53 pm

My son was waiting for his letter to acquire to turn up. It did to my place except he hasn't lived here for years.
He also has a defence clearance,
and MDL for years,and various MVL as well
security guard clearance etc.
I immediately re addressed the item to him and it took 3 weeks for it to go 500 k.
I tell you that Murphy has a lot to answer for. :clap:
"Behave well. Think for the best. Speak kindly."
safeshot
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by markus64 » 04 Jan 2018, 11:57 pm

That doesn't sound good, I put in an application for an addition beginning of Dec and knowing I may have to another 2 months is a crap!
markus64
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by kb1 » 05 Jan 2018, 10:21 am

gday marcus its 14 weeks on sunday , good luck
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by markus64 » 11 Jan 2018, 11:17 am

Emailed Licensing on Tuesday 9th asking about the status of my application (from the 6th Dec) and response came back today (Thursday):
Thank you, your application has been completed. Your licence will be posted to you by Australia Post mail. We believe the mail should arrive at your postal address by the end of the month but we cannot guarantee this as the postal system has delays we are advised mail is taking one to two weeks to arrive from date of posting

No mention of when it will be posted? But really 2 week mail delay?? :unknown: :thumbsdown:
markus64
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by pomemax » 11 Jan 2018, 12:24 pm

for you blokes in WA send an email and ask don,t ring be polite and ask .
christine.holgate@auspost.com.au
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Next

Return to Western Australia gun laws