West aussie licence

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

Re: West aussie licence

Post by Daddybang » 18 Dec 2017, 3:44 pm

Sounds like they're going to try some bullsh@t over there. Might be some "interesting" times ahead for ya's :unknown: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by TRG » 18 Dec 2017, 6:51 pm

Gday Guys, There is the new WAPOL Public Portal. click on question put in lic renewal/Application or addition number from aust post and it tell you where om the process it is at. Doesnt make it any faster. Recent addition of mine 11 weeks and the new system implemented start this year was to be more efficient! B.S.
You would think for an addition $170.00 it would be received and processed in 2 weeks. SERIOUSLY the system is understaff and made to be frustrating. The govern make so much money off our legal sport yet the rort us and then under service us.
Attachments
WAPOL Firearms portal.JPG
WAPOL Firearms portal.JPG (99.31 KiB) Viewed 6623 times
TRG
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 18 Dec 2017, 7:26 pm

TRG wrote:Gday Guys, There is the new WAPOL Public Portal. click on question put in lic renewal/Application or addition number from aust post and it tell you where om the process it is at. Doesnt make it any faster. Recent addition of mine 11 weeks and the new system implemented start this year was to be more efficient! B.S.
You would think for an addition $170.00 it would be received and processed in 2 weeks. SERIOUSLY the system is understaff and made to be frustrating. The govern make so much money off our legal sport yet the rort us and then under service us.

Suddenly I'm not so pi$$ed off with the 38 dollars and ten day wait I've just had to get my 30/30 :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Raptor209 » 18 Dec 2017, 8:26 pm

TRG wrote:Gday Guys, There is the new WAPOL Public Portal. click on question put in lic renewal/Application or addition number from aust post and it tell you where om the process it is at. Doesnt make it any faster. Recent addition of mine 11 weeks and the new system implemented start this year was to be more efficient! B.S.

The portal only showed once my application was approved. up until that stage it identified the application number as invalid
Raptor209
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by kb1 » 19 Dec 2017, 8:55 pm

duncan 61 ive pmd you mate
i can see from the feed back here im not the only one suffering here , yesterday it was officially 11 weeks , october 3 everything was submitted .
was at local shop this morning also they had someone take 13 weeks for an air rifle , i really dont know what can be done about this i think it need political pressure .
was ssaa people start hitting the pollies up over it cause really its unacceptable , not really the time frame but the inconsistency in timeframe .
4 to 6 weeks in general but out to 13 weeks no mate sorry thats bull**($#t
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 21 Dec 2017, 9:44 pm

I am on to it.SFFP
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 22 Dec 2017, 11:54 am

Get into'em fellas!!! :lol: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by safeshot » 27 Dec 2017, 7:53 pm

My son was waiting for his letter to acquire to turn up. It did to my place except he hasn't lived here for years.
He also has a defence clearance,
and MDL for years,and various MVL as well
security guard clearance etc.
I immediately re addressed the item to him and it took 3 weeks for it to go 500 k.
I tell you that Murphy has a lot to answer for. :clap:
"Behave well. Think for the best. Speak kindly."
safeshot
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by markus64 » 04 Jan 2018, 11:57 pm

That doesn't sound good, I put in an application for an addition beginning of Dec and knowing I may have to another 2 months is a crap!
markus64
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by kb1 » 05 Jan 2018, 10:21 am

gday marcus its 14 weeks on sunday , good luck
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by markus64 » 11 Jan 2018, 11:17 am

Emailed Licensing on Tuesday 9th asking about the status of my application (from the 6th Dec) and response came back today (Thursday):
Thank you, your application has been completed. Your licence will be posted to you by Australia Post mail. We believe the mail should arrive at your postal address by the end of the month but we cannot guarantee this as the postal system has delays we are advised mail is taking one to two weeks to arrive from date of posting

No mention of when it will be posted? But really 2 week mail delay?? :unknown: :thumbsdown:
markus64
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by pomemax » 11 Jan 2018, 12:24 pm

for you blokes in WA send an email and ask don,t ring be polite and ask .
christine.holgate@auspost.com.au
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by markus64 » 28 Jan 2018, 10:12 am

Finally, recieved my latest license with the added calibre last thursday. nearly 2 months had to wait, not impressed.
markus64
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by kb1 » 02 Feb 2018, 3:30 am

Marcus 64 .
Mate its been 17 weeks now for us .a certain sgt in albany thinks its up to him to make the decision failing to submit paperwork to perth licencing.
Made two trips from perth already. Refused to see us at the counter.
Seeking legal action as we speak
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by markus64 » 03 Feb 2018, 4:45 pm

Wow that sucks, it is unbelievable that it could take that long. I thought what I waited was bad enough, good luck with pursuing this.
markus64
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Next

Return to Western Australia gun laws