Bolts With Ammo??

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Re: Bolts With Ammo??

Post by AusTac » 03 Jan 2018, 11:12 am

In your living situation i could see that totally being needed, might be best to *do something else* with it if you get my drift lol

All my guns are to damn long for house stuff anyway not that'd i'd ever dare to use a firearm for self defence anyway :roll: run hide tell was the catch phrase if i remember correctly which was advertised by the Victorian Government
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Re: Bolts With Ammo??

Post by Archie » 03 Jan 2018, 1:38 pm

AusTac wrote:I would think having a loaded mag would classify as a loaded firearm? A loaded mag seperate from the firearm is still considered a loaded firearm from what i'm told?

It may vary in different states but in NSW, the answer is effectively yes. Act is a technically a little ambiguous (depends how far you want to push the "firearm" vs "firearm part" in the relevant section of the act) but realistically, it won't go well to have a loaded magazine. I do not know, but I strongly suspect, that you'd lose that argument. If anyone is aware of any cases it'd be interesting to know.

I have even been told by a LGS (which doesn't mean it's right, but I'd trust this bloke to be right more often than not) than I should not put a (just purchased, still in the plastic packaging) empty magazine in my ammo storage container, and this was when the ammo I'd just purchased was in a different calibre to the magazine. Now, he may well have just been being overcautious. But to be honest, its not worth risking my licence for.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Victorian gun laws