National check for H class license?

Questions about South Australian gun and ammunition laws. S.A. Firearms Act 2015.

National check for H class license?

Post by Bent Arrow » 10 Jan 2018, 1:43 pm

So I've been visiting a few different shooting clubs in SA lately looking for one that is conveniently located and has the right feel......... I was speaking with one of the H class trainers and he said that I'll need a national police check, no worries I say, I've already got my A/B licence and he responded that for A/B they only do a check in your home state, but do a national check for H class. Surely that can't be right? Surely enough people have lived in various states to justify a national check for a firearms licence?
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Re: Surely not

Post by Daddybang » 10 Jan 2018, 2:44 pm

I don't know what they do for licenses but thought all the cops were linked interstate nowadays :unknown: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by cflake » 10 Jan 2018, 10:18 pm

Bent Arrow wrote:So I've been visiting a few different shooting clubs in SA lately looking for one that is conveniently located and has the right feel......... I was speaking with one of the H class trainers and he said that I'll need a national police check, no worries I say, I've already got my A/B licence and he responded that for A/B they only do a check in your home state, but do a national check for H class. Surely that can't be right? Surely enough people have lived in various states to justify a national check for a firearms licence?

I know the check for the handgun license reveals everything recorded. I had been putting down "no convictions" on all my paperwork (A/B + provisional handgun) until I got the fingerprint + police check done and it came up with my 20+ year old drink driving conviction from Tasmania which I'd forgotten about...

I'd previously had working with children checks, employment checks, etc. and they all came up with nothing.
cflake
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Stix » 11 Jan 2018, 8:34 pm

Id be curious to know how you go checking out the clubs BA...& which club(s) you end up at...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bent Arrow » 11 Jan 2018, 9:05 pm

Stix wrote:Id be curious to know how you go checking out the clubs BA...& which club(s) you end up at...

Did you get in touch with the guys at Brukunga?
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by pomemax » 11 Jan 2018, 10:48 pm

know the check for the handgun license reveals everything recorded. I had been putting down "no convictions" on all my paperwork (A/B + provisional handgun) until I got the fingerprint + police check done silly question but in Victoria do you have your fingerprints taken for H class on your licence.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 12 Jan 2018, 4:03 am

Bent Arrow wrote:
Stix wrote:Id be curious to know how you go checking out the clubs BA...& which club(s) you end up at...

Did you get in touch with the guys at Brukunga?

No not yet...
I work away for 2 out of 3 weeks so havnt had the time to do it yet as ive been pretty busy in my time off (which is actually pretty limited believe it or not ).
Ill let you know when i do...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cflake » 12 Jan 2018, 11:55 am

pomemax wrote:know the check for the handgun license reveals everything recorded. I had been putting down "no convictions" on all my paperwork (A/B + provisional handgun) until I got the fingerprint + police check done silly question but in Victoria do you have your fingerprints taken for H class on your licence.

Yes, all fingers plus palm and the edge of each hand.
cflake
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by holden4th » 12 Jan 2018, 12:26 pm

cflake wrote:
pomemax wrote:know the check for the handgun license reveals everything recorded. I had been putting down "no convictions" on all my paperwork (A/B + provisional handgun) until I got the fingerprint + police check done silly question but in Victoria do you have your fingerprints taken for H class on your licence.

Yes, all fingers plus palm and the edge of each hand.

Victoria = Police State? I was not required to do give any fingerprints in QLD for my 'H'. Not required in WA either.
holden4th
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 13 Jan 2018, 8:38 pm

What never knew that all fingers plus palm and the edge of each hand. who let that get in . Not required in nsw either
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by ebr love » 18 Jan 2018, 11:05 am

Well now you know for next time you're pulling a heist in VIC :lol:
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love