Electronic PTA

Questions about Victorian gun and ammunition laws. Victorian Firearms Act 1996.

Electronic PTA

Post by ZXRR » 19 Feb 2018, 3:49 pm

G'day guys, just wondering if anyone here has submitted a PTA with the electronic PTA dealer system? I just bought myself a Lee Enfield and instead of always mailing in my PTA i found a website that lets you submit a PTA Form and decided to go that way instead of the old.

Just curious on how long it takes? I have so far not received a call let alone a single email so I'll probably mail in one as well for precaution.
ZXRR
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Electronic PTA

Post by bladeracer » 19 Feb 2018, 4:41 pm

ZXRR wrote:G'day guys, just wondering if anyone here has submitted a PTA with the electronic PTA dealer system? I just bought myself a Lee Enfield and instead of always mailing in my PTA i found a website that lets you submit a PTA Form and decided to go that way instead of the old.

Just curious on how long it takes? I have so far not received a call let alone a single email so I'll probably mail in one as well for precaution.

I have only done ePTA's, only seen an actual form once. Takes anything from five minutes to a few hours. I've never had any response from any PtA, just get the rego in the mail a few weeks later.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZXRR » 19 Feb 2018, 4:55 pm

bladeracer wrote:
ZXRR wrote:G'day guys, just wondering if anyone here has submitted a PTA with the electronic PTA dealer system? I just bought myself a Lee Enfield and instead of always mailing in my PTA i found a website that lets you submit a PTA Form and decided to go that way instead of the old.

I have only done ePTA's, only seen an actual form once. Takes anything from five minutes to a few hours. I've never had any response from any PtA, just get the rego in the mail a few weeks later.

Alright, I'll wait until tomorrow then. If i get no call or email I'll call up the dealer and ask what's going on. My Lee is stuck in NSW until i get my PTA approved since i don't want a random gun shop holding onto it for 1-2 weeks + which usually takes for it to be approved.
ZXRR
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 19 Feb 2018, 5:16 pm

ZXRR wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Alright, I'll wait until tomorrow then. If i get no call or email I'll call up the dealer and ask what's going on. My Lee is stuck in NSW until i get my PTA approved since i don't want a random gun shop holding onto it for 1-2 weeks + which usually takes for it to be approved.

I bought my No.4 Mk1* from Adelaide and I've bought from other places as well.
I don't bother about the PtA until the rifle arrives at my dealer, he rings to let me know it's arrived and runs the PtA. By the time I get into town it's mine.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ZXRR » 19 Feb 2018, 5:34 pm

bladeracer wrote:
ZXRR wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

I bought my No.4 Mk1* from Adelaide and I've bought from other places as well.
I don't bother about the PtA until the rifle arrives at my dealer, he rings to let me know it's arrived and runs the PtA. By the time I get into town it's mine.

Oh well, lesson learned. The dealer it's at now has no problems keeping it safe for me in the mean time so I'm happy about that. Once i get called my PTA is approved I'll get the dealer to ship it priority and get it in a few days :crazy:
ZXRR
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 19 Feb 2018, 5:48 pm

You've got more chance that the PTA runs out they only last 28 days and as BR said they are normally same day.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by ZXRR » 20 Feb 2018, 10:45 am

Just woke up to a message from the gun-store near me, it's been cleared and i now have 28 days. Only had about 3 hours sleep and i jumped off the bed like superman to send the NSW dealer a message :lol: $15 fee for the permit to acquire i imagine I'll have to pay when i pick up the lee.

Boy is it better when mailing one in.
ZXRR
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 20 Feb 2018, 12:42 pm

You'll pay for PTA and interstate transfer fee. Around $85-$95 all up
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain