NSW PTA Wait time?

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

NSW PTA Wait time?

Post by Jon79 » 26 Feb 2018, 12:21 pm

just wondering what the normal time frame is for PTA's to show up on the registry? I sent my first couple off on the 1st of Feb and logged on today to see if they had shown up yet but still nothing there 26 days later... is this normal or should they have shown up long ago??
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: NSW PTA Wait time?

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Feb 2018, 1:03 pm

I logged 2 for pistols in NSW on the 16th of january. They were issued on he website 16th february and its the 26th of february and still dont have them.

Rang them twice and they are”backed up”
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 26 Feb 2018, 2:55 pm

Your first PTA will take longer than Normal how did you pay by credit card look at you statement as to when they deducted the $$$ then add 28 days wait for you first then about 14 for each way postage (plus a few days for the dont care factor sorry were backed up ) they are not in a hurry . just keep your eye on this site
https://apps.police.nsw.gov.au/FPR/lice ... search.jsp
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Feb 2018, 5:51 pm

Pomeax

The far are so far behind its not funny... 14 day is not happening at the moment.

31 days for 2 ptas to be issued and i am still waiting for them. I certainly arent at the my first pta stage either
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 26 Feb 2018, 6:58 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Pomeax

The far are so far behind its not funny... 14 day is not happening at the moment.

31 days for 2 ptas to be issued and i am still waiting for them. I certainly are not at the my first pta stage either

the Joh79 is
Yer BUT weren't they supposed to go electronic some time this year . Don,t hold you breath
Did they rely to you yet
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Feb 2018, 7:48 pm

Lol and in the mail my ptas arrived.

Received 16/1 received 26/2. Thats way too long.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Jon79 » 28 Feb 2018, 4:25 pm

Mystery solved..... they were returned in the mail, apparently they arrived before my licence was valid so we’re returned ( will have to check dates Aus Post must have really pulled their finger out that week)
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 01 Mar 2018, 10:04 am

You’re keen.

They should show up as ‘PTA Application being processed by the Firearms Registry’ about a week after you post them off.

I’ve actually had an issue with mail getting lost to the registry so always send express post, which includes tracking.

Based on their currently backlog it seems I’ll be waiting over a month to get the issued PTA in the post - application date of 12/02.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws