Another Cunning Stunt

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Another Cunning Stunt

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Mar 2018, 8:35 am

Look at this populist schiesskopf trying to score points with the lace painties brigade.
Someone should sew him inside a dead camel and leave him for the blowflies.

Shorten demands PM review Tasmania's plans to 'water down' gun laws
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-25/l ... do/9583770
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Re: Another Cunning Stunt

Post by Heckler303 » 25 Mar 2018, 8:48 am

Has Bill-short-circuit even read what they want to do, aside from the Cat C categorizations?

I'm personally good for all of them, but I'd like suppressors to not just be C class goodies, everyone in my opinion would benefit greatly from using suppressors whenever possible. It's not a matter of looking cool or being sneaky in the paddock, its a matter of keeping your bloody ears intact a bit longer!
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Daddybang » 25 Mar 2018, 8:57 am

As per usual ol shorten curlies has nfi.
He's trying to steal votes from the greens in preparation for the next fed election. We're gonna see a hell of a lot more of this bs in the coming months. :thumbsdown: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Mar 2018, 9:32 am

Heckler303 wrote:Has Bill-short-circuit even read what they want to do, aside from the Cat C categorizations?

I'm personally good for all of them, but I'd like suppressors to not just be C class goodies, everyone in my opinion would benefit greatly from using suppressors whenever possible. It's not a matter of looking cool or being sneaky in the paddock, its a matter of keeping your bloody ears intact a bit longer!

I agree totally on the supressors. I shoot every day, unless it's raining, and I accidentally left my earmuffs turned on last year so when I went to use them the next day they were dead.
I don't like the lack of situational awareness from normal muffs, because I want to know if there is stock or someone driving around the paddocks out of my sight but in my field of fire so I went without on the reasoning that as I was hunting and not range shooting I'd only be firing one or two rounds and would be OK.
I had sun and wind in my left eye when lining up a victim so I closed it, following the target, traversing left, I didn't notice how close the bullet path was to the tree I was standing under, so that when I fired, I got a serious bounce off it down my left lughole which was cocked at just the right angle with my face on the cheek piece.
Long story short, the rebound off the tree from the .223 muzzle report knocked out 60% of the hearing in my left ear and replaced it with bloody tinitis.

There aren't masses of Kiwis or Poms commiting "silenced" crimes all over their countries, WTF more evidence do they want?
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Mar 2018, 9:33 am

Whilst I agree some of the firearm restrictions we have to but up with are just plain stupid. Some of our laws are good. We do need some sensible change.

But what the article fails to mention is that the proposals were publicly announce just 1 day before the election. And I under stand there is a media blackout for 1 day prior to elections in Tasmania about politics. So liberals are just sleeze bags just like the rest.

If there is change we as a group need to bring the public along with us otherwise we will always be opposed by greens and the other idiots. Dodgy tricks like the libs tried to pull just work against us as a group.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 25 Mar 2018, 9:35 am

Good point OB. Never seen a polly yet that woudn't look better swinging from a tree

The trouble with trying to get them to change a law is that by changing it, they are admitting that the law they previously supported was wrong, and by definition, they were wrong for supporting it.
Not something I can recall a polly ever admitting.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 25 Mar 2018, 10:23 am

Shorten and the laber party in general can smell Federal liberal blood in the upcoming election.
Labur will "promise" anything to anybody to get elected but circumstances will change if and when they get in.
I remember, almost like yesterday, sawn off Johnnie making all sorts of promises to shooting organizations prior to being elected in the 1990's only to turn on shooters when the first opportunity presented itself. The fake sincerity and crocodile tears were stomach turning.
Please remember, whichever team loyalties you may have, they will say whatever it might take to get elected but after that lotsa luck.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Mar 2018, 11:03 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:Good point OB. Never seen a polly yet that woudn't look better swinging from a tree

The trouble with trying to get them to change a law is that by changing it, they are admitting that the law they previously supported was wrong, and by definition, they were wrong for supporting it.
Not something I can recall a polly ever admitting.

:thumbsup:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 25 Mar 2018, 11:43 am

straightshooter wrote:Shorten and the laber party in general can smell Federal liberal blood in the upcoming election.
Labur will "promise" anything to anybody to get elected but circumstances will change if and when they get in.
I remember, almost like yesterday, sawn off Johnnie making all sorts of promises to shooting organizations prior to being elected in the 1990's only to turn on shooters when the first opportunity presented itself. The fake sincerity and crocodile tears were stomach turning.
Please remember, whichever team loyalties you may have, they will say whatever it might take to get elected but after that lotsa luck.

Yep they're all just poliscum out to get their snouts in the trough. :thumbsdown: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 25 Mar 2018, 12:46 pm

It's also been reported that the proposed changes would allow rapid firing death dealing guns and rapid loading weapons to be left unlocked in vehicles! WTF!! The media won't let fact get in the way of an emotional story.
Apparently, the proposed changes were sent to the advisory group several weeks prior to the election and was also publicly available. If the media didn't pick up on this, well tough, stop running to GCA etc and start consulting with the various shooting and sporting bodies for a change.
Billie and the Tasmanian labour party, along with the greens haven't accepted the fact that they were well and truly DEFEATED in the elections. So get over it!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Mar 2018, 1:30 pm

Is this debate "simply put" Bill Shorten, or put like a simpleton?
Attachments
gun laws.PNG
gun laws.PNG (130.02 KiB) Viewed 3954 times
Member-Deleted

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Mar 2018, 6:22 pm

"But what the article fails to mention is that the proposals were publicly announced just 1 day before the election. And I understand there is a media blackout for 1 day prior to elections in Tasmania about politics. So liberals are just sleeze bags just like the rest."

IMO if this is correct it actually works against us. Yes the media always chase $ by twisting the facts. But we need to bring the public along and apearing to deceive them will not help us on that journey.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 06 Apr 2018, 1:55 pm

The appearance nonsense is even worse than I thought:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/ ... ers-ashton

However, after the growing video evidence of their behaviour, probably a good decision.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws