PTA application date changed?

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

PTA application date changed?

Post by Jon79 » 20 Apr 2018, 10:38 am

Not that its any great concern to me but I thought I'd post up and see if anyone else has had it happen..... I had a few PTA's in which were all posted in the the same envelope, on the registry they all came up as received on the 4.4.18

Anyway got bored today and flicked on to there to look at them for some reason and noticed one now has the application date as the 16.4.18? anyone had dates change?
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: PTA application date changed?

Post by axio » 20 Apr 2018, 11:11 am

Pretty much standard for NSW FAR

It's probably sitting on a to do pile on their desk or got shoved under a bunch of other papers..who knows?

Its 2018.. we're still sending in forms with stamps and handwriting lol
axio
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 20 Apr 2018, 1:13 pm

what type or class where they A/B/H different people do different class,s may just be a work load thing
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Jon79 » 20 Apr 2018, 1:53 pm

pomemax wrote:what type or class where they A/B/H different people do different class,s may just be a work load thing

A & B .... I’m sure originally all 4 pta’s were listed as the 4.4.18 I remember the line of 4’s although it is the A which is different now saying the 16.4.18

No big deal as car needing repairs has put a dent in my fun savings and the one which has changed isn’t a priority so it just gives me a little more time to make up the lost cash for that
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Jon79 » 20 Apr 2018, 2:06 pm

pomemax wrote:what type or class where they A/B/H different people do different class,s may just be a work load thing

A & B .... I’m sure originally all 4 pta’s were listed as the 4.4.18 I remember the line of 4’s although it is the A which is different now saying the 16.4.18

No big deal as car needing repairs has put a dent in my fun savings and the one which has changed isn’t a priority so it just gives me a little more time to make up the lost cash for that
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Diddums » 21 Apr 2018, 2:09 pm

That's a bit ridiculous, so you have any proof that the date was changed?
I'd ring up and complain on just principal
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Jon79 » 21 Apr 2018, 2:41 pm

Diddums wrote:That's a bit ridiculous, so you have any proof that the date was changed?

I did have a pic on my phone because the wife was away and I sent a pic to stir her up they had finally showed up on the registry, I deleted it but looking for the message in case anything else changes
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Diddums » 21 Apr 2018, 3:56 pm

Jon79 wrote:
Diddums wrote:That's a bit ridiculous, so you have any proof that the date was changed?

I did have a pic on my phone because the wife was away and I sent a pic to stir her up they had finally showed up on the registry, I deleted it but looking for the message in case anything else changes

Your wife still might have the one you sent her.
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 21 Apr 2018, 4:11 pm

Yeah its the nsw FAR. The mist incompetent bunch of people i have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

38 days it took to approve two PTA’s i had recently, it took my nephew nearly months to get his first pta for a pistol and someone i shoot with was a similar story.

They are incompetent
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Apr 2018, 5:45 pm

Unless there is good reason I wouldn't do anything. A few days won't matter. If you complain you might just piss someone off with a negative result.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to New South Wales gun laws