Intruder Alarms - Australian standards

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

Re: Intruder Alarms - Australian standards

Post by brett1868 » 08 May 2018, 11:32 pm

"But how does the ute and tray liner help"

Not good to get blood on paint, it can cause fading :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by darwindingo » 09 May 2018, 12:36 am

brett1868 wrote:"But how does the ute and tray liner help"

Thanks for the tip :)

:drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by bladeracer » 09 May 2018, 1:39 am

brett1868 wrote:"But how does the ute and tray liner help"

Also causes corrosion on ferrous metal, very annoying.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 09 May 2018, 5:16 am

bladeracer wrote:
herman wrote:Hi,
I'm in Victorian and are looking to get my collectors license - part of the requirement is that if you have more than five firearms, you require am intruder alarm system that complies with Australian Standard 2201.1:2007 which I don't mind but, I can't find any alarm systems that state that they comply with this standard. Can anyone assist with what brand model I should be looking at?
Thanks,
Herman

I had trouble trying to get a copy of the AS as well. I think it's because the AS is pretty basic and the installers don't want people to know that. I can't find the info I eventually found, but it was very basic.
What I ended up doing was sending the requirement from the Act to an installer, stressing that the _primary_ requirement of the alarm system is that it comply with the Firearms Act. I dealt with CTC Communications, but being two hours out of Melbourne I simply bought the stuff they specified and installed it myself, with excellent assistance from CTC whenever I got stuck. My DFO had no problem with the setup I have here when he inspected. I additionally wanted a system that could message our phones whenever it gets triggered. Then we can remotely log into our CCTV system to see if anything is happening on site before calling Police.

Will that messaging setup work if you are in a dead spot with no phone reception?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 09 May 2018, 6:32 am

brett1868 wrote:Who needs an alarm when I have 400 acres, a shovel and a ute with a tray liner? No such requirement in NSW (Yet) though I've got a fairly comprehensive security setup anyway.

Brett, Brett, Brett...

Don't use your own property where it will lead straight back to you... that's what state parks are for!!! :thumbsup:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bladeracer » 09 May 2018, 7:48 am

bigfellascott wrote:Will that messaging setup work if you are in a dead spot with no phone reception?

Probably not, but I haven't found anywhere with no reception yet other than out on the Nullabor.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 09 May 2018, 7:55 am

bladeracer wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Will that messaging setup work if you are in a dead spot with no phone reception?

Probably not, but I haven't found anywhere with no reception yet other than out on the Nullabor.

Thanks for that mate, sadly I go about 5mins out of town and I have no reception at all :thumbsdown: Sounds like a great setup you have there, was thinking of putting in some sort of system for the shed and house. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bladeracer » 09 May 2018, 8:37 am

bladeracer wrote:Also causes corrosion on ferrous metal, very annoying.

Having posted that, I've just cleaned the blood off my rifle. I was dragged out very early this morning to knock off a big buck 'roo hit by a quarry truck up the road. Three-inches of his left femur are just splinters on the road :-(
Had a mob of four bouncing along the fence line looking for him so I dragged him all the way back to the house. Hopefully the rest have gone back to the bush now, but if not they can follow the drag back to his body for closure. Then Rose discovered two of our rabbits were out, so we had to chase them down. During which I managed to collect a rear foot across the left side of my face, bloody hell - gonna need a box of bandaids and a nice lie down after this morning!
Attachments
20180509_074138b.jpg
20180509_074138b.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 9166 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 09 May 2018, 9:53 am

bladeracer wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Also causes corrosion on ferrous metal, very annoying.

Having posted that, I've just cleaned the blood off my rifle. I was dragged out very early this morning to knock off a big buck 'roo hit by a quarry truck up the road. Three-inches of his left femur are just splinters on the road :-(
Had a mob of four bouncing along the fence line looking for him so I dragged him all the way back to the house. Hopefully the rest have gone back to the bush now, but if not they can follow the drag back to his body for closure. Then Rose discovered two of our rabbits were out, so we had to chase them down. During which I managed to collect a rear foot across the left side of my face, bloody hell - gonna need a box of bandaids and a nice lie down after this morning!

:lol: A good start to the day mate, my mate barreled a roo the other day on the way back from cutting wood, I managed to miss about 3 or 4 of em about 10min before him, bloody nightmare driving around here in the late evening, even had to stop and help one young lady out who flattened a big buck that decided it didn't want to live any longer, stoved the front of her car in pretty well. That late in the evening I just poke along at around 70-80km/h in the hope it may help to prevent whacking one.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws