W.A. tragedy

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

Re: W.A. tragedy

Post by Download » 13 May 2018, 11:59 pm

So the ABC are saying the guns were licensed but i don't see a source for the statement. I'll wait for the police to say something before believing it.
Download
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 14 May 2018, 12:07 am

Download wrote:So the ABC are saying the guns were licensed but i don't see a source for the statement. I'll wait for the police to say something before believing it.

The Police clearly stated that "all three recovered firearms are legally licenced and registered to Peter Miles" in a press conference.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 14 May 2018, 12:13 am

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 May 2018, 7:13 am

Member-Deleted

Post by trekin » 14 May 2018, 7:30 am

Says it all really.
Attachments
dickhead.JPG
dickhead.JPG (48.85 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bruiser64 » 14 May 2018, 10:36 am

This bloke has clearly “thought about this stuff a lot”. He had these suggestions ready to go the moment another domestic violence tragedy happened. I view this kind of opportunism as distasteful and in very poor taste. I note the WA Premier has already put the view that (a) let’s wait until the investigation has been completed and the coroner has made their recommendation, (b) our gun laws are already very strict so their appears little to be gained in real terms from changing them and (c) there are some tragic events that external agencies can’t prevent.

People like the author of this article are in my view one trick ponies. They appear to have no acceptance that complex problems have complex solutions; if indeed there are any solutions to them. No one yet really knows what happened in relation to this tragedy. Everything in the media is speculation based upon very little real knowledge. The coverage in my view is salacious and offensive.

The suggestions this bloke makes are impractical, expensive and absurd in my opinion. Firstly he has to somehow convince the parliaments in 6 states and 2 territories this is a good idea. Then they have to fund the infrastructure and bureacracy to have law abiding citizens store their property at huge government expense at police stations. Yeah: good plan! I can imagine the joy of police officers across the land when they find out they are now employed as storeman.

Of course apart from all the practical considerations, the assault on civil rights and the political challenges that need to be overcome, there is the glaring problem that the reasons for family violence are hugely more complex than focussing on what implement a perpetrator uses to inflict it. It is just my opinion, but the anti gun crowd are self serving simplistic idiots seeking a non solution to complex problems.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Western Australia gun laws