NSW registry

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

NSW registry

Post by Jon79 » 14 May 2018, 8:31 am

Anyone else unable to check pta’s etc? All I keep getting is invalid verification code for the last few days
Jon79
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: NSW registry

Post by Gaznazdiak » 14 May 2018, 9:33 am

Jon79 wrote:Anyone else unable to check pta’s etc? All I keep getting is invalid verification code for the last few days

If you have a couple of days to spare you could ring them :lol:
I'm just paranoid enough to believe that the delays and difficulties we are continually faced with are a deliberate part of the plan to persecute us.
Driver's licence, car rego, dangerous work permits, for all of these you are sent a renewal notice.
Not the gun licence though, no doubt so that some will forget, allowing the confiscation of their legally owned guns.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 14 May 2018, 9:50 am

It may be in a twisted way a deliberate act, however I think the reality is that they are just understaffed and its a mainly manual system.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Archie » 14 May 2018, 9:57 am

If its' a choice between a conspiracy and incompetence, nine times out of ten, its just garden-variety incompetence. I think you're overstating the governments ability to 1/ make a plan 2/ execute the plan 3/ keep quiet about the plan, if you think this is actually deliberate.
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 14 May 2018, 10:11 am

Yeah, I know it's most likely incompetence or understaffing, but it's so all pervasive with firearms it really is starting to look like a duck.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Diddums » 14 May 2018, 10:25 am

Jon79 wrote:Anyone else unable to check pta’s etc? All I keep getting is invalid verification code for the last few days

I've been getting the same thing.
It's like it thinks it's gone back to the old text system but it still just gives the tick box.
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Diddums » 14 May 2018, 10:28 am

Gaznazdiak wrote:

I'm just paranoid enough to believe that the delays and difficulties we are continually faced with are a deliberate part of the plan to persecute us.
Driver's licence, car rego, dangerous work permits, for all of these you are sent a renewal notice.
Not the gun licence though, no doubt so that some will forget, allowing the confiscation of their legally owned guns.

I'm actually starting to believe this.
I was talking to the people at my local firearms shop and they said that in the past they have sent in all the received and disposals paper work along with a few PTA'S of their own and customers and the PTA's never make it but the other stuff does.

Go figure.
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 14 May 2018, 3:05 pm

Diddums wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:

I'm actually starting to believe this.
I was talking to the people at my local firearms shop and they said that in the past they have sent in all the received and disposals paper work along with a few PTA'S of their own and customers and the PTA's never make it but the other stuff does.

Go figure.

I reckon it's because the pollies know it's essential for a large number of us to have firearms for feral control and that it would be impossible to replace us in the control regime.
However, being pollies, they are all whores by nature and are going in ever smaller circles trying to look like they support the greeny-vegan-pet the foxes softc*cks to keep their avaricious snouts in the trough.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 14 May 2018, 4:16 pm

It's working now :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel