Importing unrifled/unchamberd blank

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

Re: Importing unrifled/unchamberd blank

Post by johnnyboy7 » 31 May 2018, 5:00 pm

sungazer wrote:If you remember back to Tomek that was having problems with getting the group size he wanted from his CZ452. I went to the range one day to help him and we sorted out some of his issues in the end it was the expectation that needed changing. That rifle just wasn't going to give him the accuracy he expected from it. you cant expect $3000 build quality from a $1000 rifle. All the components of a rifle contribute in different proportions to the overall accuracy. The barrel being the biggest component. However it must be remembered that every part plays a role.
To the OP original post. I cant see why you would import a top quality barrel without it being rifled already. It is the rifling as much as anything that is needed to be done by a quality process. I piece of the highest quality steel could easily be ruined by a less than perfect machinist. Also do you want a buttoned rifled barrel or a cut barrel. The current accepted thinking is that cut rifling produces a higher % of successful barrels than button cut.

I don't think I'll be bothering with trying to make the old cz accurate any longer and will just palm it off.
johnnyboy7
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws