Impala Plus straight pull

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Patriot » 09 Aug 2018, 1:10 pm

Thinking of getting one

Anyone own one or have an opinion?
Patriot
Private
Private
 
Posts: 29
Queensland

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by ponkychonk » 09 Aug 2018, 1:42 pm

I had a play with one of them before choosing to get a coach gun instead (I already have a lever action as well.) They seem to be the best quality straight pull that I've seen, much better build quality than your standard Pardus/Adler style guns. Also at a decent price, overall quite impressed to be honest
.177Air
.22
.223
.357/.38SP
7.62x54R
8MM Mauser
.303 British
.410bore Lever
12GA Lever
12GA Coach
7.62x38mmR
ponkychonk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 72
Western Australia

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Crazy » 11 Aug 2018, 5:29 pm

I had a mess around with one last week and i was quite impressed, i share the same opinion as ponky, the gun is at a higher standard compared to other straight pulls and at a fairly good price.
Crazy
Private
Private
 
Posts: 35
Victoria

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Patriot » 01 Oct 2018, 2:37 pm

Crazy wrote:I had a mess around with one last week and i was quite impressed, i share the same opinion as ponky, the gun is at a higher standard compared to other straight pulls and at a fairly good price.

Do you know if the action can be kept open?
Patriot
Private
Private
 
Posts: 29
Queensland

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by scoobs » 02 Oct 2018, 6:44 pm

i had a play with one, still reckon the dickinson t1000 is the go for straight pull.
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
User avatar
scoobs
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 184
New South Wales

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Holstered » 09 Oct 2018, 4:39 pm

I've had a go of a mates Impala on a couple of occasions - I'm impressed, I would certainly buy one
Holstered
Private
Private
 
Posts: 6
New South Wales

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Patriot » 14 Oct 2018, 9:59 am

Holstered wrote:I've had a go of a mates Impala on a couple of occasions - I'm impressed, I would certainly buy one

G’day Holstered

I have just bought the impala and have noticed that the bolt will lock in the open position during operation.Did the one you fired do this or am I just pulling back to far?

The operating instructions have been translated from Turkish and are not very clear

Anyone else had any problems?
Patriot
Private
Private
 
Posts: 29
Queensland

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Patriot » 26 Oct 2018, 10:06 am

Went to the range this morning with brand new Impala Plus to bust some clays.

Brand new gun never been fired

Fired three shots and......the charging handle came off, appears to be only pressed in.
Spoke to LGS apparently there is a modification to prevent this happening

A bit disappointing
Patriot
Private
Private
 
Posts: 29
Queensland

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Patriot » 26 Oct 2018, 2:21 pm

Patriot wrote:Went to the range this morning with brand new Impala Plus to bust some clays.

Brand new gun never been fired

Fired three shots and......the charging handle came off, appears to be only pressed in.
Spoke to LGS apparently there is a modification to prevent this happening

A bit disappointing

Update

Took gun back to LGS they replaced bolt and charging handle no questions asked.

Went back to the range,fired about 30 shots and......charging handle fell out again.
Very disappointing
Patriot
Private
Private
 
Posts: 29
Queensland

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by duncan61 » 26 Oct 2018, 3:00 pm

Man.I would not be impressed
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
User avatar
duncan61
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 1193
Western Australia

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Patriot » 01 Nov 2018, 2:37 pm

Patriot wrote:
Patriot wrote:Went to the range this morning with brand new Impala Plus to bust some clays.

Brand new gun never been fired

Fired three shots and......the charging handle came off, appears to be only pressed in.
Spoke to LGS apparently there is a modification to prevent this happening

A bit disappointing

Update

Took gun back to LGS they replaced bolt and charging handle no questions asked.

Went back to the range,fired about 30 shots and......charging handle fell out again.
Very disappointing

Handle fixed

Have now put 500 rounds through,no problems at all.

Smooth cycling
No jams
All goood
Patriot
Private
Private
 
Posts: 29
Queensland


Back to top
 
Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.