Adler vs Alpharms Lever action.

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler vs Alpharms Lever action.

Post by fishburgr » 08 Apr 2019, 7:17 pm

Hi folks,
Just got my PTA back for a lever gun. I just want one of the cheap ones. I can find plenty of info on the Adler A1110 but can't find anything on the Alpharms LX20/28 models.

Does anyone have any experience with the Alpharms and how it compares to the Adler?

Mainly concerned with reliability and ease of use.

Thanks.
fishburgr
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Adler vs Alpharms Lever action.

Post by Wombat » 09 Apr 2019, 7:27 pm

It seems that the straight pulls are the better choice now. I'm happy enough with my Adler, easily cycled on the shoulder while a sight picture is maintained.
Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Sus_scrofa » 09 Apr 2019, 8:08 pm

Adler have the best warranty out of all the lever actions from new I reakon. I don't buy guns off small time back yard importers. Just my 2 cents .
Sus_scrofa
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 09 Apr 2019, 8:57 pm

Recently picked up a adler from Cleavers hard to go past. Few problems here and there but its like everything else. I have no concerns with mine and for the price they are hard to go past and the warranty ismuch better than the others
Why So Serious?
Sako Varmint Stainless 243
Marlin 917v Stainless
Lithgow La101 .22
1917 BSA 303 (ted)
Finnish Vkt 1944 M39
Tikka T3X Super Varmint Satinless 223
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Howa 1500 Stainless 308
BSA CF2 222 Remington
Colt 1911 9mm
Adler 12G
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by fishburgr » 10 Apr 2019, 4:04 am

Yeah you guys have confirmed what the dealer said when I called today. He said Adler over Alpharms easily but would go the Dickinson T1000 straight pull over both of them.

Unfortunately the PTA is already at the dealers for a cat b lever and don't really want to go thru the fuss of sending it back at this point.

Also the Adler's a few hundred cheaper than the Dickinson which certainly helps.
fishburgr
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 10 Apr 2019, 4:33 pm

Have 2 mates who have an Adler and Alphaarms, would definitely go Adler, but if your looking at straight pull I would go Impala Plus, best Turkish shotgun on the Australian market.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jon79 » 11 Apr 2019, 9:47 am

if you go the adler avoid cartridges that have the longer brass, it can be a pain in the arse for jamming...…..well in mine anyway
Jon79
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by fishburgr » 11 Apr 2019, 3:30 pm

Yeah I ended up getting the Adler yesterday. Jon79, this is my first shotgun, what am I looking for with "the longer brass", is it something that will be marked on the box?

I think the ones I got are Winchester.
fishburgr
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Jon79 » 11 Apr 2019, 3:49 pm

fishburgr wrote:Yeah I ended up getting the Adler yesterday. Jon79, this is my first shotgun, what am I looking for with "the longer brass", is it something that will be marked on the box?

I think the ones I got are Winchester.

In the pic here the black cartridge will eject no probs at all yet the green ones with the slightly taller brass will jam every time
Attachments
CDD82568-C3D7-4DF0-8D63-87CD2F0E34D0.jpeg
CDD82568-C3D7-4DF0-8D63-87CD2F0E34D0.jpeg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Jon79
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by fishburgr » 11 Apr 2019, 11:20 pm

Thanks for the pic Jon. I got The Winchester Bushmaster small game shells which look like the ones on the left and should be good.
Cheers
fishburgr
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 12 Apr 2019, 6:44 pm

My Adler has managed everything I've put through it. Maybe some are more fussy than others. Perhaps buy a box of high brass and see if it causes you problems? No point in limiting your choices until you know how yours handles them.
Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by cracker » 12 Apr 2019, 8:52 pm

Jon79 wrote:if you go the adler avoid cartridges that have the longer brass, it can be a pain in the arse for jamming...…..well in mine anyway

mine didnt like old bird shot my old man had lying around, since using it abit no issues.
high brass, 3" slugs loves it all... actually runs really well.
cracker
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.