C-More Tactical M26 Shotgun

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: C-More Tactical M26 Shotgun

Post by perentie » 09 Oct 2019, 7:33 am

perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 09 Oct 2019, 12:14 pm

Well that was fun.
Took it up the range this morning after finally getting the Saiga mag to latch properly. Took a bit of file and try but eventually got it.
Reading on some forums these mags need hand fitting to some Saigas as well.
No sights yet but put a box of birdshot through it with mo malfunctions or miss feeds from either mag.
Just ordered two more.
Also ordered the Vortex SPARC AR sight for it.
Even though the mag followers are different heights, when a shell is in there is not so much difference, and surprisingly they both feed OK. The hook on the bolt picks them up.

ImageC-More mag 01 by [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hsgSMr]ImageC-More mag 02 by [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hskyS4]ImageC-More mag03 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/141809689@N05/

Its an awkward thing to carry though and I am thinking of getting one of those top handles that clamp to the rail. Its got a rear point for a sling so I need a front point as well. Not sure how to do that yet.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 20 Oct 2019, 6:27 am

I bought a sling swivel for the top rail. Much like the one you show and use the rear point for the other end.
With the sling over the shoulder on the LHS and shottie held by the pistol grip and left hand on the bolt it can be worked fast shooting from the hip.
The red dot is high enough the sling swivel does not bother me. Yes they are hard to carry as the mag is at the point of balance so I ordered one of those rail carry handles as well. Should be here tomorrow.
Front sling swivel is well forward but enough room for a laser for hip shooting. Just for fun.:)
I had some Lyman slug loads I made up for the Adler with its rifled choke. They shot well in that but wont group with this and its IC choke.
Bought several 5 shot packs of slugs from Rebel. Different makes and types . $60 freight by Courier to get them but no option. See how they go next week.
I am in QLD.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 20 Oct 2019, 3:27 pm

We had pistol this morning so after we finished I used a couple of old targets to try out the slugs I bought.
First were my Lyman slug reloads that shot well with the Adler rifled choke. They were no good here. Three in the black and one OS with a circle around them.
Next the S&B special slug.
No good either. The one at the top keyholed.
Next Federal Power shok FPS with a triangle around them. No good either.
Next Federal Vital shok I was getting worried but these came through. FVS one above the other. Good windage but I think I was holding loose. You have to hang on to these things as they have some punch.

Imageslug 01 by Two left from the pack of five, so hung up a new target to just be sure.
Tight hold this time. All these are at 50 yards. Brought the sight down 6 clicks and needs a couple right but good consistant windage.
Two touching. That will do me :)
If I can get the Lyman pellets to do the same I will be happy.
Now these are with the factory IC choke not rifled. If it keeps shooting like that I wont bother with a rifled choke after all.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hxzwdi]Image
slug 02 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/141809689@N05/]
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by birdmanoz » 21 Oct 2019, 9:29 am

Does the gas recoil stock make much of a difference to felt recoil on these things?
birdmanoz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by perentie » 21 Oct 2019, 5:33 pm

You bet. Especially with those commercial slug loads. It still gives a big push back but no pain on the shoulder.. I dont think I could take many rounds if it was not for the shock absorbing butt stock as the gun is very light.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 21 Oct 2019, 6:14 pm

Perentie. It’s good that you post your results with different ammo. It helps point me in the right direction. I’m trying some slug groups on Wednesday on my hunting trip
Blr243
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by birdmanoz » 21 Oct 2019, 6:49 pm

I’d buy one but vicpol LRD have told me in writing on several occasions that this shotgun is under review for reclassification because of its appearance. The effectively warned me not to buy it. I\this has been going on for 6 months and they won’t give me a straight answer regarding reclassification so I lodged an FOI request still waiting on info.
birdmanoz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 21 Oct 2019, 7:06 pm

How does a shotgun look scary in a bag inside a vehicle on its way to the range ?
Blr243
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by birdmanoz » 22 Oct 2019, 8:08 am

Blr243 wrote:How does a shotgun look scary in a bag inside a vehicle on its way to the range ?

Exactly. Same BS in almost every state and its probably the law that makes the least sense. I think the reason for the appearance rules is just that they don't want younger kids thinking firearms are "cool". So they are trying to ensure we use as much old school timber and design as possible. The problem is the world has changed and polymers,features, cooling vents, rails etc all make firearms more functional for all purposes including hunting and sports shooting. I have a DTA SRS and its a great precision sport rifle and potentially great hunting rifle. The best equipment these days is often used in some military applications. Mainly because its durable and well tested.
birdmanoz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 06 Mar 2020, 9:15 pm

Looks like Victoria is thinking about banning this!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... G9haDYUngg
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 07 Mar 2020, 7:23 am

Same in Tas...LGS said no point them getting these in. Whilst they remain undefined, Appearance laws are insane. There was also some talk about the recoil absorbing butt not meeting certain interpretations as well...
Tikka .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 28’
Sauer 30-06
Howa 300 win mag.
TassieTiger
Captain
Captain

Tasmania

Post by MontyShooter » 07 Mar 2020, 8:33 am

Kinda weird as it looks virtually identical to the modified berika which was only just approved.
MontyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 07 Mar 2020, 11:25 am

I'm glad QLD does not have appearance laws. But that does not mean they always won't.

These shoties cost $3500. Nobody on a cat D will buy them when they can get pump and semi auto. So if Vic and Tas ban these then the owners only chance of getting some money back will be to sell them to someone in QLD, SA or NT.

It just makes no sense. You can buy a Berika or a Warick down in Vic but not this? I really hope the owners of these firearms fight this and win.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mickhead » 07 Mar 2020, 4:20 pm

MontyShooter wrote:Kinda weird as it looks virtually identical to the modified berika which was only just approved.

Do not be silly. It looks nothing like a Berika. Berikas look soft and cuddly like nerf guns, and will not attract attention thank you.
mickhead
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 08 Mar 2020, 6:02 pm

mickhead wrote:Do not be silly. It looks nothing like a Berika. Berikas look soft and cuddly like nerf guns, and will not attract attention thank you.

All the attention on these 12g guns is keeping the heat off my warwick.
MontyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 08 Mar 2020, 6:22 pm

MontyShooter wrote:
All the attention on these 12g guns is keeping the heat off my warwick.

You could make the argument in court that by buying Warwick you are supporting local buisness. :D
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by birdmanoz » 10 Mar 2020, 9:18 pm

Warwick was smart in designing the WFA1 in consultation with vicpol several years ago. So vicpol can’t easily turn around and ban it because I believe they had input into its design.
birdmanoz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.