C-More Tactical M26 Shotgun

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

C-More Tactical M26 Shotgun

Post by perentie » 30 Aug 2019, 4:15 pm

This has been around for a while now, and before I splash out I was wondering if anyone has one and what their long term review is.
Some say the box mag does not feed as well as the tube.
All opinions welcome.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: C-More Tactical M26 Shotgun

Post by MontyShooter » 30 Aug 2019, 10:17 pm

Maybe let the berika saga play out first. It's less than half the price for a similar looking setup.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Medb » 31 Aug 2019, 3:09 pm

I don't own one but I've had a play with it since I'm also considering buying one.

The quality of it was very nice (as you would expect for the price) far superior to any of the Turk's I've handled. Extremely lightweight, action was also silky smooth (some of the other straight pulls I've handled were almost like pulling teeth.) In my brief play with it I couldn't fault it at all (apart from the price.)

Likewise I'm also kind of waiting to see how the berika saga plays out since it seemed to represent a nice middle ground of being a bit higher quality than the other straight pulls, without costing 3 or 4 times as much like the c-more.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by perentie » 01 Sep 2019, 7:42 am

I am like you, just waiting to see what happens with the Berika.
Some say box mags with shotguns dont work too well. However, the C-more designed for the military, should have it right.
Cant find out what choke it takes. It comes with one but what thread form? I would like a rifled choke so might have to chop the barrel and sweat a choke adapter on to it to take one of the Winchoke /Invector screw on chokes.
I sold a car the other day so can afford it.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Xpack » 22 Sep 2019, 12:08 pm

Hi. I took delivery of mine this week. I also need to find out the choke type as it only came with an improved cylinder choke. also want to fit a muzzle brake like the Defcon 1 from Chassis Systems. Its light and looks and feels great. I have fitted with a C-More 6 MOA railway dot.
Xpack
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by perentie » 23 Sep 2019, 6:44 am

I did not think you would need a muzzle brake as it has a sprung butt stock to absorb recoil.
I was told that other chokes are due to be made.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Medb » 23 Sep 2019, 1:08 pm

Xpack wrote:Hi. I took delivery of mine this week. I also need to find out the choke type as it only came with an improved cylinder choke. also want to fit a muzzle brake like the Defcon 1 from Chassis Systems. Its light and looks and feels great. I have fitted with a C-More 6 MOA railway dot.

Nice.

I'm curious does it come included with the pic rails that mount to the side/bottom of the handguard where it is tapped for them, and if so how many? or do you have to buy those separately.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Xpack » 23 Sep 2019, 9:37 pm

It comes with just the top rail only. There are two threaded holes at the underneath of the hand guard near the muzzle end.
Xpack
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by perentie » 24 Sep 2019, 7:53 am

Xpack wrote:It comes with just the top rail only. There are two threaded holes at the underneath of the hand guard near the muzzle end.

Dealer cut the barrel down without removing it. They cant/wont tell me if the barrel can be removed from the receiver. I would need to do this to turn the barrel down to solder on the choke adapter.
Does it look as if it can be unscrewed with a barrel vice and action wrench?
The Adler I had came out easily with a nut that could be undone by hand.
Does that hand guard come off as well?
The take down instructions I can find only go as far as removing the butt , and breech block for cleaning .
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Xpack » 24 Sep 2019, 10:29 am

I called again and the shorter version is cut down by them but the 18" version which I bought comes with an improved cylinder choke fitted. Im not sure about removing the barrel/handguard sorry I havent taken it apart yet. Mine got shipped in a box for another firearm with no manual or choke tool and only the 3 round mag as apparently the 5 round mag is held up with customs??? Do you have the link to the manual that you could share. One thing is that there is hardly any info on this. It would be nice if we could buy spare factory 5 round mags somewhere or overseas and import with a B709 import permit so they fit the gun nicely.
Last edited by Xpack on 04 Oct 2019, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xpack
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by perentie » 24 Sep 2019, 9:11 pm

My permits come through so I will be getting mine shortly.
Last edited by perentie on 04 Oct 2019, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Xpack » 04 Oct 2019, 9:14 am

Did you pick yours up? Make sure you get the 5 round mag as well as they only shipped the 3 round mag with mine and are telling me the 5 is on backorder.
Last edited by Xpack on 04 Oct 2019, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xpack
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Oct 2019, 9:37 am

perentie wrote:My permits come through so I will be getting mine shortly.
Have a look at this.
https://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/DR_pubs ... _22x12.pdf

Newsflash “3 people in Victoria fire arms registry are recovering from heart attacks this evening, after inadvertently opening a horrifying internet link...it’s rumoured the link contained not only pictures of disturbing military style firearms, but...(choke up)....actual training plans. For yours and the public’s safety, we will not be showing nor linking the document and warrants have been issued for the arrest of one - Xdom and another that shall not be named on the project...”
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Xpack » 04 Oct 2019, 9:48 am

[quote="perentie"]My permits come through so I will be getting mine shortly.
Have a look at this

Probably best to edit post and remove link so it’s not misinterpreted for anything more than the manual for stripping to clean.
Xpack
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by perentie » 04 Oct 2019, 5:54 pm

Xpack wrote:
perentie wrote:My permits come through so I will be getting mine shortly.
Have a look at this

Probably best to edit post and remove link so it’s not misinterpreted for anything more than the manual for stripping to clean.

OK I removed it.All that came up on a google search anyway. No big deal
Mine is in the mail, posted Thursday, Might get it Tuesday..
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Xpack » 06 Oct 2019, 6:12 am

Will be interesting to see if you receive the 5 round mag!
Xpack
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by perentie » 08 Oct 2019, 3:19 pm

I guess you found this one. Gives a good Demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN23TosNENI
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 08 Oct 2019, 6:01 pm

OK. Arrived via Auspost this Arvo :)
Came with the 3 shot mag.
Dealer the Saiga mag fits but I got hold of one and it wont latch. Still trying to see why.
The case looks the same but the Saiga mag follower sits about 12 mm lower. Even if I can get it to latch it might not feed.
I will have a fiddle with it later. Be interesting if it will just drop in. I guess no ones asked yet.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 09 Oct 2019, 7:33 am

perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 09 Oct 2019, 12:14 pm

Well that was fun.
Took it up the range this morning after finally getting the Saiga mag to latch properly. Took a bit of file and try but eventually got it.
Reading on some forums these mags need hand fitting to some Saigas as well.
No sights yet but put a box of birdshot through it with mo malfunctions or miss feeds from either mag.
Just ordered two more.
Also ordered the Vortex SPARC AR sight for it.
Even though the mag followers are different heights, when a shell is in there is not so much difference, and surprisingly they both feed OK. The hook on the bolt picks them up.

ImageC-More mag 01 by [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hsgSMr]ImageC-More mag 02 by [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hskyS4]ImageC-More mag03 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/141809689@N05/

Its an awkward thing to carry though and I am thinking of getting one of those top handles that clamp to the rail. Its got a rear point for a sling so I need a front point as well. Not sure how to do that yet.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 20 Oct 2019, 6:27 am

I bought a sling swivel for the top rail. Much like the one you show and use the rear point for the other end.
With the sling over the shoulder on the LHS and shottie held by the pistol grip and left hand on the bolt it can be worked fast shooting from the hip.
The red dot is high enough the sling swivel does not bother me. Yes they are hard to carry as the mag is at the point of balance so I ordered one of those rail carry handles as well. Should be here tomorrow.
Front sling swivel is well forward but enough room for a laser for hip shooting. Just for fun.:)
I had some Lyman slug loads I made up for the Adler with its rifled choke. They shot well in that but wont group with this and its IC choke.
Bought several 5 shot packs of slugs from Rebel. Different makes and types . $60 freight by Courier to get them but no option. See how they go next week.
I am in QLD.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 20 Oct 2019, 3:27 pm

We had pistol this morning so after we finished I used a couple of old targets to try out the slugs I bought.
First were my Lyman slug reloads that shot well with the Adler rifled choke. They were no good here. Three in the black and one OS with a circle around them.
Next the S&B special slug.
No good either. The one at the top keyholed.
Next Federal Power shok FPS with a triangle around them. No good either.
Next Federal Vital shok I was getting worried but these came through. FVS one above the other. Good windage but I think I was holding loose. You have to hang on to these things as they have some punch.

Imageslug 01 by Two left from the pack of five, so hung up a new target to just be sure.
Tight hold this time. All these are at 50 yards. Brought the sight down 6 clicks and needs a couple right but good consistant windage.
Two touching. That will do me :)
If I can get the Lyman pellets to do the same I will be happy.
Now these are with the factory IC choke not rifled. If it keeps shooting like that I wont bother with a rifled choke after all.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hxzwdi]Image
slug 02 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/141809689@N05/]
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by birdmanoz » 21 Oct 2019, 9:29 am

Does the gas recoil stock make much of a difference to felt recoil on these things?
birdmanoz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by perentie » 21 Oct 2019, 5:33 pm

You bet. Especially with those commercial slug loads. It still gives a big push back but no pain on the shoulder.. I dont think I could take many rounds if it was not for the shock absorbing butt stock as the gun is very light.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 21 Oct 2019, 6:14 pm

Perentie. It’s good that you post your results with different ammo. It helps point me in the right direction. I’m trying some slug groups on Wednesday on my hunting trip
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by birdmanoz » 21 Oct 2019, 6:49 pm

I’d buy one but vicpol LRD have told me in writing on several occasions that this shotgun is under review for reclassification because of its appearance. The effectively warned me not to buy it. I\this has been going on for 6 months and they won’t give me a straight answer regarding reclassification so I lodged an FOI request still waiting on info.
birdmanoz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 21 Oct 2019, 7:06 pm

How does a shotgun look scary in a bag inside a vehicle on its way to the range ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by birdmanoz » 22 Oct 2019, 8:08 am

Blr243 wrote:How does a shotgun look scary in a bag inside a vehicle on its way to the range ?

Exactly. Same BS in almost every state and its probably the law that makes the least sense. I think the reason for the appearance rules is just that they don't want younger kids thinking firearms are "cool". So they are trying to ensure we use as much old school timber and design as possible. The problem is the world has changed and polymers,features, cooling vents, rails etc all make firearms more functional for all purposes including hunting and sports shooting. I have a DTA SRS and its a great precision sport rifle and potentially great hunting rifle. The best equipment these days is often used in some military applications. Mainly because its durable and well tested.
birdmanoz
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 06 Mar 2020, 9:15 pm

Looks like Victoria is thinking about banning this!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... G9haDYUngg
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 07 Mar 2020, 7:23 am

Same in Tas...LGS said no point them getting these in. Whilst they remain undefined, Appearance laws are insane. There was also some talk about the recoil absorbing butt not meeting certain interpretations as well...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Next

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.