Seeking Advice on Clay Shooting Accessories & Brands

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Seeking Advice on Clay Shooting Accessories & Brands

Post by Leigh R » 10 May 2024, 6:21 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to the world of clay shooting, and I'm already hooked! I've transitioned from shooting rifles for a few years to focusing on clays, particularly Skeet and DTL. I'm currently using my Miroku 30" sporter and have a few accessories like custom-molded earplugs and a shooting vest, but I'm looking to expand my gear.

I'm considering getting prescription shooting glasses, but I'm unsure about which lens colors would be best for starters. Any recommendations on this or other must-have accessories would be highly appreciated! Also, if you have any tips, hints, or ideas that helped you when you first started out in clay shooting, I'd love to hear them.

Additionally, if there are any particular brands of accessories that you swear by, mentioning those would be incredibly helpful as well.

Looking forward to learning from your experiences and suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Leigh R
Leigh R
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Seeking Advice on Clay Shooting Accessories & Brands

Post by Oldbloke » 11 May 2024, 1:21 pm

Leigh R wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to the world of clay shooting, and I'm already hooked! I've transitioned from shooting rifles for a few years to focusing on clays, particularly Skeet and DTL. I'm currently using my Miroku 30" sporter and have a few accessories like custom-molded earplugs and a shooting vest, but I'm looking to expand my gear.

I'm considering getting prescription shooting glasses, but I'm unsure about which lens colors would be best for starters. Any recommendations on this or other must-have accessories would be highly appreciated! Also, if you have any tips, hints, or ideas that helped you when you first started out in clay shooting, I'd love to hear them.

Additionally, if there are any particular brands of accessories that you swear by, mentioning those would be incredibly helpful as well.

Looking forward to learning from your experiences and suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Leigh R

Ensure you make it clear at the optometrist that you want them to be impact resistant and should comply with the standard.

P.S. some of the sales girls have NFI.
P.P.S. you may be better having disposable contact lenses combined with normal tinted safety glasses
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.