A-110 Lever action shotgun.

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: A-110 Lever action shotgun.

Post by sandgroperbill » 18 May 2015, 11:09 pm

Checked my lgs today. They already have an order in, and now my name is on one =D
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by cala90 » 18 May 2015, 11:11 pm

KWhorenet wrote:
bentaz wrote:
KWhorenet wrote:
You gotta support ya local, even if they are a bit more expensive otherwise they will go away and there will be nowhere to buy ammo or get your cheap Internet guns sent to!

And I do for every new purchase.

it IS cheaper not more expensive. No postage, no transfer, no fuel cost, no bulls**t, no long wait for a saving of $20 hahaha

Why would anyone bother trying to save $20 and pay up front and wait so that dealer can make interest on our money for most of a year while we wait ?

I didn't even have to pay a deposit because I am not a prick and my LGS know that, AND they are respectable and very decent too.

Where'd you end up ordering one from?
Ruger American 22LR
Howa 1500 Varmint Fluted 223
Webley & Scott 912 12G
cala90
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 18 May 2015, 11:17 pm

Top of this page
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by cala90 » 18 May 2015, 11:23 pm

H&S is your local? You're closer to me than I thought... Scary! Haha
Ruger American 22LR
Webley & Scott 912 12G
cala90
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 18 May 2015, 11:38 pm

Ohhhh nooo, brb

just checking CCTV and shadows :?
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by cala90 » 19 May 2015, 11:46 pm

I've read the first shipment is fully sold out. Apparently anything ordered now won't be here until Feb next year! Not sure how true that is though.
Ruger American 22LR
Webley & Scott 912 12G
cala90
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 20 May 2015, 12:00 am

They'll try get as many as they can as quickly as they can. My lgs placed an order early, so i'm hopeful but realistic
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 20 May 2015, 11:58 am

Spoke to dealer this morning...the 20" has 2200 orders placed and only 300 coming so might be a wait on that version. I ordered the 28" version and will buy the 20" barrel later when they become available so I can swap over depending on need. Also the pistol style grip is only available on the 28" version which is why I chose it over the 20" and also not wanting to wait so long. Looks like NIOA have struck a winner with this Shotgun, lets hope it lives up to the hype.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 20 May 2015, 12:09 pm

lets hope the lever linkage is going to hold up, or better yet, fails and they offer a free upgraded more robust part down the track.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 20 May 2015, 2:27 pm

I was in town and went past my local gun shop, and told the shop owner about the Adler, and he had not heard about them (small Victorian town we are in) he checked his computer and there are over 2000 people on a waiting list for both models (20'', 28'') and the first shipment of 300 for each model are well and truly sold out! I did put my name down for one, so might see mine before Xmas!
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 20 May 2015, 2:38 pm

Gippsland-Prepper wrote:I was in town and went past my local gun shop, and told the shop owner about the Adler, and he had not heard about them (small Victorian town we are in) he checked his computer and there are over 2000 people on a waiting list for both models (20'', 28'') and the first shipment of 300 for each model are well and truly sold out! I did put my name down for one, so might see mine before Xmas!

Which Christmas?? :D :huh:
No doubt with the orders, the next shipment will be slightly 'more' than 300 units....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 20 May 2015, 2:42 pm

1290 wrote:
Gippsland-Prepper wrote:
No doubt with the orders, the next shipment will be slightly 'more' than 300 units....

By Jan/Feb would be nice in time for the wrigglies around my sheds and yard. I will be prepping this summer.

Hey 'Gippsland Prepper',

H&S in Sale are taking orders also.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 20 May 2015, 2:46 pm

1290 wrote:
Gippsland-Prepper wrote:I was in town and went past my local gun shop, and told the shop owner about the Adler, and he had not heard about them (small Victorian town we are in) he checked his computer and there are over 2000 people on a waiting list for both models (20'', 28'') and the first shipment of 300 for each model are well and truly sold out! I did put my name down for one, so might see mine before Xmas!

I pointed out their soft sales approach on YouTube, as one of the owners points out, they want to order 1000 rifles! What the? Australia has been starved from anything half decent, so of course people will jump onto the Adler, and they only bring in 300 of each on the first shipment! Talk about lack of sales vision!

The owner of my local gun shop in town even said how dumb that they only order a few hundred, but at least my name is down for one, and Santa knows I have been good this year, so fingers crossed :crazy:

And have you noticed all them second hand shotties going up for sale on the net?
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Releb » 22 May 2015, 11:50 am

1290 wrote:Which Christmas?? :D :huh:

2021 at this rate :x
Tikka Stainless from 30-06 Springfield lane.
Releb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by KWhorenet » 22 May 2015, 12:12 pm

Releb wrote:
1290 wrote:Which Christmas?? :D :huh:

2021 at this rate :x

It will be the collectors edition. 15 year old 4 digit serial number NIB !
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by brett1868 » 22 May 2015, 3:03 pm

I can't blame NIOA for initially ordering 600 units, difficult to judge how popular a shotgun would be at the time you place the order. Possibly they could have done a little more market research to determine the amount of interest in the market before ordering but again, it's difficult to judge how "interest" will translate into sales. They have possibly invested close to a 1/4 Million $ so far with their testing and first order. Keep in mind they usually have to pay for goods prior to shipping as there's not many companies that do international accounts. It's a considerable amount of coin to have in play and paying interest on an overdraft till the product is sold and a small profit realized
Instead of whining and bitching about why they only ordered 600, they should be praised for having the courage to test a new product and get it into the country for us to enjoy.

NIOA...Well Done Gents, your efforts are much appreciated by this shooter.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 22 May 2015, 6:56 pm

brett1868 wrote:I can't blame NIOA for initially ordering 600 units, difficult to judge how popular a shotgun would be at the time you place the order. Possibly they could have done a little more market research to determine the amount of interest in the market before ordering but again, it's difficult to judge how "interest" will translate into sales. They have possibly invested close to a 1/4 Million $ so far with their testing and first order. Keep in mind they usually have to pay for goods prior to shipping as there's not many companies that do international accounts. It's a considerable amount of coin to have in play and paying interest on an overdraft till the product is sold and a small profit realized
Instead of whining and bitching about why they only ordered 600, they should be praised for having the courage to test a new product and get it into the country for us to enjoy.

NIOA...Well Done Gents, your efforts are much appreciated by this shooter.

Courage to test a new product? Get real, they are only testing it for one reason only, to make money! No courage is part of that! And I am sure they will tax write off any ammo that is used in testing, including any cost that is involved. I have it from a very reliable source that they have been burned before with importing certain products, and lost money on call backs due to faults/fails. Last time I was in business there was no guarantee of any kind in making money or investing money, hence the rewards can be high due to the risks!

And praising them for such a low import number, is just more proof of bad business sense, if they were so sure of a great product they would back it 100% and order enough to satisfy the demand that’s out there.

And no praise yet from this shooter, sure when it is in my hands and performs like it should (not like the other lever 12g lemons) then I am more then willing to back it, and give it the praise it deserves.
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 May 2015, 8:10 pm

A smart buisness dose everything it can to reduce risk. A bank won't lend money to a buisness that can't provide a risk identification and management strategy as part of a buisness plan and a well structured will apply exactly the same principle for a good reason... coupled with market research it provides certainty in a venture that is not susceptible to variables such as commodity prices, consumer sentiment and so on.

They have certainly done their homework on this one, and I would recon that the only risk they have is having the ship sink on its way to Australia and having their insurance become more expensive.

With the amount of testing they have preformed they have proven that these shotguns will last the warranty period.
The small amount of guns purchased would sell easily between almost 1000 000 people who are licensed to own one.
All part of the risk mitigation....

The other thing we dont know is , what volume the manufacturer can produce and what importing restrictions are imposed on the importer ? Perhaps they would have ordered much more if they could ?

But I do agree with Brett , good on them for making it happen, I sooooo tempted to get one myself.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 22 May 2015, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 22 May 2015, 8:25 pm

What would you call risking 250k on an unknown product? Maybe courage isn't a good description but it definitely takes balls to put that kind of money on the line with no guarantee of reward. In order to write costs off on tax you first need to make a profit, you state that they have been burnt previously importing products not quite up to scratch which is possibly why they were a bit cautious with the initial order from Adler. Then you go to say they have poor business sense for not backing the product %100 and importing a larger quantity?? How were they to calculate 2000 "I want one" into quantifiable sales so as to place an appropriate sized order to satisfy demand? Do you know how many people walk into a gunshop and order a rifle, place a deposit only to change their minds a week or two later? I have 3 rifles in my safe from cancelled orders where deposits have been forfeited and I got a bargain so it's quite a few and it's much easier to cancel a "I want one" cause no loss of money. The reason there is a waiting list is dealers know full well that by the time the product hits the shelves that punters may no longer want it as something cooler, shiner or trendier is available so they offer it to the next person on the list. I never praised them for the quantity, only for having the balls to put their money on the line to bring in something that's hopefully better then other offerings. They are taking a massive risk with any new firearm because as the importer they are deemed to also be the manufacturer under Australian law and therefore legally liable if the gun fails and injures / kills the shooter. There isn't a massive profit in these things for NIOA and they didn't have to import this product at all so be happy they are and hopefully the performances matches the hype.
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 May 2015, 9:04 pm

Ill point out one .... Remington 700 triggers
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 22 May 2015, 9:12 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Ill point out one .... Remington 700 triggers

How many deaths or multiple injury cases? Would love to read something about all those victims, please provide relevant link.
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 May 2015, 9:24 pm

on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by North East » 22 May 2015, 9:30 pm

Glad I don't own a shotgun.
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 22 May 2015, 9:35 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:http://www.cnbc.com/id/102236497

Yeah knew about that one when it happened, but that’s in America, not here, and as far as I remembered regrading the 700 rem doggie trigger has not caused any fatalities in Australia or serious injuries. 2 dozen death divided into how many shooters in America? Still not huge numbers in my eyes, and certainly none in Australia. Next case.
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 May 2015, 9:45 pm

The remington is totally relevant, they were sold here too... with your logic we might as well narrow it down to a post code, Stoager Double Defense aka the stoager tactical side by side with it's two shots at once problem is another big mistake that the importer would greatly regret.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 22 May 2015, 9:59 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:The remington is totally relevant, they were sold here too... with your logic we might as well narrow it down to a post code, Stoager Double Defense aka the stoager tactical side by side with it's two shots at once problem is another big mistake that the importer would greatly regret.

Before you point the finger let me just refresh the argument that was used before ''They are taking a massive risk with any new firearm because as the importer they are deemed to also be the manufacturer under Australian law and therefore legally liable if the gun fails and injures / kills the shooter''

Did you read that? Did you see the words injures/kills the shooter! Not faulty products, but products that have killed and injured shooters! There is no case of multiple death or injuries in Australia due to a bad made products, none nada! Hence I questioned the point made by brett1868.

If any one is happy about the Adler being imported it is me, like many others, but lets stick with facts.
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 May 2015, 10:07 pm

Perhaps they were held back from ordering more due to production limitations or some kind of importing restriction. .. there must be a limit as to how many firearms you can inport at once ..... I'll take one million thanks ... you recon the government might raise an eyebrow ?

if not it makes good buisness sence testing the waters with a small batch,it's not gutless it's smart.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 22 May 2015, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gippsland-Prepper » 22 May 2015, 10:12 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Perhaps they were held back from ordering more due to production limitations or some kind of importing restriction. .. there must be a limit as to how many firearms you can inport at once ..... I'll take one million thanks ... you recon the government might raise an eyebrow ?

Well I agree with you on that one! If it was up to the greenies we would have no weapons, and we would all be building a bridge to Indonesia, but that’s a whole different story.
Marlin BL 30-30
Rem 7600 308
Custom FVSR 22LR
Gippsland-Prepper
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 22 May 2015, 10:20 pm

Gippsland-Prepper wrote:

Go to the Middle East like I did and then come and talk to me about having balls! .

When and where did you go?
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 May 2015, 10:20 pm

Anyhow I'll be waiting to hear some feedback from folks that get em, I'm blody hard on my gear, I don't like stuff that cant take a flogging and if its hard to break down for a good clean after I soak it in the rain or dust it out, or the leavers going to snap off because I dont know my own strength after a few rum cans I won't bother.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.