Lever action shotgun recommendations? How does Adler compare

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Lever action shotgun recommendations? How does Adler com

Post by Stix » 23 Jun 2018, 7:48 pm

cracker wrote:
Pythonkeeper wrote:Marksman, The Shooting Stuff Australia boys (Aaron and Marty) recently did a video of them s destroying Aaron’s Adler as it was a piece of sh@t as they put it, they shot the crap out of it, literally....

i think they are hypocrites, they have a warranty send it back, they mention that one of their marlin lever guns had to be sent back... thats no issue for some reason?
i dont dislike their channel or them personally but just seemed stupid.

mate of mine has an uzkon lever shotgun and the thing has been back twice... think its just luck of the draw really

Just watched that vid & i tend to agree with you cracker... :thumbsup:
He states/implies towards the end that it wouldnt even cycle through an entire magazine-in which case you could address it differently by sending it back to be fixed if the problem was so obvious...then pass it on to someone who cant afford one that would really appreciate it...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cracker » 23 Jun 2018, 8:32 pm

Stix wrote:
cracker wrote:
Pythonkeeper wrote:Marksman, The Shooting Stuff Australia boys (Aaron and Marty) recently did a video of them s destroying Aaron’s Adler as it was a piece of sh@t as they put it, they shot the crap out of it, literally....

i think they are hypocrites, they have a warranty send it back, they mention that one of their marlin lever guns had to be sent back... thats no issue for some reason?
i dont dislike their channel or them personally but just seemed stupid.

mate of mine has an uzkon lever shotgun and the thing has been back twice... think its just luck of the draw really

Just watched that vid & i tend to agree with you cracker... :thumbsup:
He states/implies towards the end that it wouldnt even cycle through an entire magazine-in which case you could address it differently by sending it back to be fixed if the problem was so obvious...then pass it on to someone who cant afford one that would really appreciate it...!!

yeah i dont get it... ? think i paid $750 for mine like 18months ago and its been good, you can put two shots in the air pretty easy at clays - im s**t a clays.
you could empty it with semi aimed shots in less then 3 seconds id guess? compared to my pump action which you can empty like in less then 2 prob... but big deal.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 23 Jun 2018, 8:52 pm

I can think of a couple of young dead set keen as mustard guys-well boys, who cant afford a gun but are at the range to shoot every month without fail, who would treasure a gift like that...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 24 Jun 2018, 10:19 am

Stix wrote:I can think of a couple of young dead set keen as mustard guys-well boys, who cant afford a gun but are at the range to shoot every month without fail, who would treasure a gift like that...!!

the way I look at it Stix is you would create enemy's by gifting a piece of sh!t like that gun to someone :lol:
I believe this one would never be any good no matter who had it so you wouldn't be doing someone a favour by gifting it to them
at least they didn't try to sell it on to someone else thinking they were onto a bargain, it was there loss to destroy it :thumbsup:
they did say these guns were hit and miss and some they had repaired were fine
I know a bloke who bought one for himself and his son, they got one good one and one crap one that was sent back to the shop several times at his cost for warranty work that was never any good but the good one was good, toss a coin with the adler :sarcasm: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by scoobs » 24 Jun 2018, 5:49 pm

aimz wrote:interested to see how the impala plus and dickenson straight pulls go.

the impala i wasnt so impressed with. had a look at one and you have to physically grab the knob to pull the bolt back.

there is a dickinson t1000 in my safe (belongs to a mate), its a nice bit of kit. takes one finger to pull the bolt back.

my adler works well now. went back under warrenty and they honed out the chamber a bit to fix the extraction issues it was having.
Tikka t3x super lite stainless .308/Nikon M-308 4-16x42 BDC-800.
Tikka T3X varmint stainless 22-250/Bushnell Trophy Extreme 6-24x50.
Lithgow LA101 22LR/bushnell rimfire 3-12x40
Adler a110 12Ga 20" tactical.
scoobs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 24 Jun 2018, 6:41 pm

marksman wrote:
Stix wrote:I can think of a couple of young dead set keen as mustard guys-well boys, who cant afford a gun but are at the range to shoot every month without fail, who would treasure a gift like that...!!

the way I look at it Stix is you would create enemy's by gifting a piece of sh!t like that gun to someone :lol:
I believe this one would never be any good no matter who had it so you wouldn't be doing someone a favour by gifting it to them
at least they didn't try to sell it on to someone else thinking they were onto a bargain, it was there loss to destroy it :thumbsup:
I know a bloke who bought one for himself and his son, they got one good one and one crap one that was sent back to the shop several times at his cost for warranty work that was never any good but the good one was good, toss a coin with the adler :sarcasm: :drinks:

Imagine if you were one of the poor bastards who got sucked into paying $1500 for one of the first shipment!!!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Stix » 25 Jun 2018, 12:46 am

marksman wrote:

Hey marksman, i only thought of gifting it to an appreciative shooter if it were fixed under w'tee & working...i bet such an act would get them more views..!!

At the risk of being a fuddy duddy, whilst i didnt find the video offensive, i didnt find it amusing either.
I feel they could have made the point that the gun was a dud without being so destructive... :unknown:

the only point i see in the vid is them fancying themselves on screen... :roll:

But fair enough, it is their loss to destroy, & definately a good thing they didnt sell it on. :thumbsup:

I must admit there has been the odd occasion ive wanted to utterly destroy my shotgun...those times i cant even hit a clay if one were taped on the end of the barrel. :lol:
:drinks:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 25 Jun 2018, 5:14 pm

I don't disagree with you stix, at all if it were like you said "fixed under w'tee & working"
I've only ever destroyed one firearm (on purpose) in my life
it was meant to be left to me in my uncles will after he passed but there was to much arguing about it so I angle grinded it in half before handing it in
problem solved :violin: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 25 Jun 2018, 8:56 pm

Ah yes...the good old inheritance arguement...already been too much of that in my family from the last generation, & im.not looking forward to the one for my generation...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Patriot » 26 Oct 2018, 6:33 pm

aimz wrote:interested to see how the impala plus and dickenson straight pulls go.

I have a impala plus

First time I shot it I put 3 rounds through and the charge handle fell off.

Took back to gun shop replaced bolt and charge handle.

Put 30 rounds through it and same thing happened.

Impala supposed to be the cats meow

Anyone else heard of this happening?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by cracker » 26 Oct 2018, 7:56 pm

Patriot wrote:

I have a impala plus

locktight it back on ?
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 26 Oct 2018, 8:22 pm

cracker wrote:
Patriot wrote:

I have a impala plus

locktight it back on ?

Yeah mate am going to try that

Heard late today supplier is sending replacement handles and they have changed the solder used,which eliminates the fault.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 01 Nov 2018, 2:46 pm

Patriot wrote:
cracker wrote:
Patriot wrote:

I have a impala plus

locktight it back on ?

Yeah mate am going to try that

Heard late today supplier is sending replacement handles and they have changed the solder used,which eliminates the fault.

Handle fixed
Apparently is now threaded and locktighted

Put 500 rounds through
Smooth as now, no problems at all

The cats meow
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Next

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.