AU Shotgun alternatives

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

AU Shotgun alternatives

Post by padde » 01 Jul 2018, 9:41 am

Hey Aussies

You guys should know everything about non pump, non semi automatics since they are banned in your country?
I may be wrong but looking at the sucess of lever actions in Australia shows quite a bit.

In my country, no shotgun is banned but pumps and semis are magazine capped. So the lever action works a charm here too
People dont seem to care about the magazine ban and still buy pumps here, but I want, I want a fully legal gun cause there is always a chance
u get checked while hunting

If I want a 7 shooter then an Adler A110 it is...

I have googled a ton just see my alternatives:

So far:
Pardus
Chiappa
Adler
PW87
Random winchester copies, big henry etc

Do you know anything about up and coming guns or anything?
I just vacuum cleaned google and didnt find more.

Just to have alternative for the Adler. Would be sweet if Mossberg or some other big company made a lever action, im a lefty as well and the bigger companies tend to produce lefties with the shells going out to your left
padde
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Re: AU Shotgun alternatives

Post by Gun-nut » 01 Jul 2018, 3:32 pm

Some straight pull shotguns have come to market also which have gained a fair bit of popularity down here. SHS and Pardus come to mind, but there have been others also. Most of the levers we've had down here have been either hit or miss, but I've heard better reports from the straight pulls. I'm assuming by your shotgun magazine limits that you're possibly from the UK?
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: AU Shotgun alternatives

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Jul 2018, 6:55 pm

Pumps and Auto's aren't banned in Aus, just restricted.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.