Impala Plus straight pull

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Trentice » 06 Jul 2019, 4:38 pm

Some snap caps are light , too light for the spring tension and therefore impedes feeding. I had the same problem with my Adler. Worked fine with actual shotgun shells.
Trentice
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Re: Impala Plus straight pull

Post by Pighunter » 20 Apr 2023, 3:42 pm

Patriot wrote:
Fanga74 wrote:I just bought the 12 Gauge Straight Pull Impala Plus 24" in OD Green and Im very excited to take it out for the first time.

When dry firing the weapon I noted the sound of doing this was very faint (not the usual clear solid click you would expect) so after taking ALL necessary safety precautions I looked down the barrel and could not see the firing pin protruding form the bolt face. Once again after taking ALL necessary safety precautions I dry fired the weapon while looking down the barrel and could not see any movement to indicate the firing pin was moving out of the bolt.

I believe I might have a problem unless Impala have developed a system that prevents the weapon from firing normally without a round chambered.

I dont want to go out shooting to find out the weapon does not work so if anyone else can confirm how their Impala straight pull operates when dry firing I would be most grateful?

One thing I have noticed with mine, when checking operation at home with the magazine loaded with snap caps, sometimes it will fail to feed the next round on to the loading gate therefore locking the bolt action open. I have found it curious that this never happens in the field or on the range with live shells, I put thousands of rounds through the firearm and it has never failed to feed once, anyone have any ideas why this happens?

Any updates on yours? is it still running well? I just picked up a brand new Impala plus today for $550 which if you ask me is a steal.
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.