Magazine capacity

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Magazine capacity

Post by Patriot » 14 Aug 2018, 7:18 pm

Can mag capacity be legally be increased on Cat A bolt action tube mag shotties such as pardus and impala?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Magazine capacity

Post by No1Mk3 » 14 Aug 2018, 7:33 pm

Not in Victoria, and the last time I read Qld laws you're in the same boat. Category is now dependant on mag capacity, so if you change capacity above the limit you change the category. For that you need a permit, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Aug 2018, 7:34 pm

Patriot wrote:Can mag capacity be legally be increased on Cat A bolt action tube mag shotties such as pardus and impala?

I'd say ask those who know and make the decisions - they make the rules after all (better than asking those who don't know the rules but think they do. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by ponkychonk » 14 Aug 2018, 7:45 pm

In WA - Yes! They can be increased to whatever the hell you want (although going above 8 makes your shotgun look stupid)
ponkychonk
Private
Private

Other

Post by glenn777 » 14 Sep 2018, 12:10 pm

ponkychonk wrote:In WA - Yes! They can be increased to whatever the hell you want (although going above 8 makes your shotgun look stupid)

Do you have any links to this? Everything I can find on the legislation seems to make out any lever shotgun over 5 rounds is cat c.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Sawyers » 14 Sep 2018, 4:57 pm

glenn777 wrote:
ponkychonk wrote:In WA - Yes! They can be increased to whatever the hell you want (although going above 8 makes your shotgun look stupid)

Do you have any links to this? Everything I can find on the legislation seems to make out any lever shotgun over 5 rounds is cat c.

Lever shotguns can only have a 5 rnd capacity, bolt action wich covers straight pulls aswell have no magazine restrictions.
Sawyers
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by ponkychonk » 15 Sep 2018, 2:22 am

glenn777 wrote:

Straight pull shotguns are bolt action shotguns. Bolt action shotguns are Cat A (no magazine restrictions.)
ponkychonk
Private
Private

Other

Post by glenn777 » 27 Sep 2018, 2:27 pm

Ah right cheers guys I missed the bolt action part.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.