Huglu under and over

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Huglu under and over

Post by Shootermick » 15 Jan 2019, 7:16 pm

Hi, has anyone had any experience with the Huglu shotguns? I’m considering the 103DE in camo, under and over. Either that or a used Bettinsoli X Trail. Good and bad of both if possible, second hand Betty is worth more than the new Huglu. Turkey sure are pumping out the guns these days. Cheers.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Huglu under and over

Post by marksman » 16 Jan 2019, 11:31 am

my uncle owned a huglu under and over and his mate sold them for a while
they looked ok to me very tight actions when new, tight chokes, a bit bulky, a good finish, I wouldn't say they were a bad gun
for there price I think you would be getting more than your moneys worth IMO
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 16 Jan 2019, 12:28 pm

I have a huglu 20" hammer coach gun and I bloody love it mate, the finish definately isn't great but the gun feels solid as and functions flawlessly so far
Kelsey Cooter
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bent Arrow » 16 Jan 2019, 3:42 pm

I've looked at them a lot over the last 3 months. Each time I've ended up buying second hand instead, Rossi coach gun for scrub, and a Miroku 70 game and miroku 10 sport for clays. I just feel that they fit me and balance better. Plenty of people seem to be happy with the Huglu's and ATA's.
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Shootermick » 16 Jan 2019, 7:44 pm

Thanks Fellas. I think that if the used Bettinsoli is in exceptional condition I’ll go with it. But if not I think that the new Huglu will suit my needs equally as well. Needs being, a few ducks, quail, a bad fox, and the odd snake that’s too close to the house and sheds.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.