Adler A110: Bolt opens after firing (is this normal)

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler A110: Bolt opens after firing (is this normal)

Post by Trentice » 20 Jan 2019, 5:46 pm

Hi Guys
I have recently bought an Adler A110. After a few test fires with AA shot, buckshot and slugs, I started to notice that my hand - while holding through the lever - was copping a bit pain every time I fired. Upon closer inspection after firing I noticed the bolt was coming back and forcing the lever to push against my hand.
I took it back to the dealer and it seems to be firing alright after repair.

Now I do notice that if I fire the shotgun without my hand gripping the through the lever that the bolt will still come back a little, perhaps just under 1/4 of the way. This occurs with buckshot, slugs, and even 7 1/2 birdshot.
If I hold firmly through the lever and fire it's okay, the bolt will stay in place.

What I want to know is, is this normal for the bolt to release and come back a little on firing?
If you are also an Alder owner does this happen to your shotgun?

I just want to make sure the gun is safe, and I look forward to hearing your experiences regarding the Alder.

Cheers.
Trentice
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Re: Adler A110: Bolt opens after firing (is this normal)

Post by cracker » 20 Jan 2019, 8:41 pm

iv never noticed mine unlocking... i know some the new straightpull shotguns unlock under recoil... but they are a rotating/cammed bolt head type deal.
contact nioa

https://www.nioa.com.au/
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by valkyrie » 21 Jan 2019, 2:48 am

Have a look at the top of the bolt as you close the lever that last little bit. A small locking lug will raise out of the bolt and lock into the receiver or top of the action. If not you have a faulty gun and should immediately take it back to the gun shop.
Remington 700 sf .308
Mossberg 4x4 22-250
Brno model 1 .22
Trusty 12 gauge
valkyrie
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Wombat » 21 Jan 2019, 6:22 am

Not Normal.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by marksman » 22 Jan 2019, 10:11 am

Wombat wrote:Not Normal.

+1 :crazy: :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 22 Jan 2019, 12:58 pm

Try firing one holding the outside of the lever. May be your hand hitting the front of the lever under recoil and popping it open. Happens to me with my 45-70 lever sometimes.when im not holding properly.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.