410 options

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: 410 options

Post by marksman » 10 Jun 2019, 10:35 am

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: 410 options

Post by meawls » 27 Jul 2019, 2:57 pm

Not sure if you’re still looking ... only just noticed this post. Had a Stoeger ordered at a certain gun shop in east brissie maybe 3 years ago, but somehow they messed up the order and it turned out an Uzkon under over was awaiting me. Made in Turkey, as are a fair few other reasonable-for-$ shotties. Anyway I accepted it even though I would have preferred the 26” Stoeger, that somehow looked nicer in the pics.

No regrets though ... those 28 inch barrels swing like the sports car that somebody else here described the lightweight guns as. I taught my tall 12 year old how to shoot clays with this gun, and I kid you not, he is spooky good at it. Seems to nail more with it than I do with the 12G! Have accumulated a massive range of ammo in the caliber from 9’s right up to 5 and 3 X SG loads and solids. So we’ve got all contingencies covered. About the only regret is that choke and ejector models in the sub calibres ... especially in .410 are few and far between ... and big $.

HOWEVER ... I saw an ad in one of the bigger gun shops recently for possibly an ATA from memory, that came with no fewer than 5 chokes and ejectors for a few $ above your price range. Had to give my eyes a rub to make sure I was seeing right!! I have an ATA in 20 gauge and am pretty happy with it. In fact I’d probably even consider the .410 as well to add to the collection if my memory was correct. So that may be an idea for you to research ...

Hell ... I’d probably even consider selling you the Uzkon and grabbing the ATA if its asking price happened to be out of your range ... assuming I can pry it out of my lads hands ... !!!
meawls
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.