Akkar Churchill xm12

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Akkar Churchill xm12

Post by ThumbNT » 31 May 2019, 10:29 am

So i shot my buddies brand new xm12. he just got it last night and we put a box of target load and some number 4 shot to test the patterns out.

had a nice little Venom red dot which was great. got it shooting point of aim (majority of the shot anyway) at about 20 metres with a good pattern (IC and M chokes installed from factory). Excellent little gun, for just over 1k i think its a really neat bit of kit.

makes me wonder why i ever overlooked the humble U/O in the first place.

Now if they can put all the fruit on a standard wood churchill i'll probably end up getting one.
ThumbNT
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Akkar Churchill xm12

Post by TassieTiger » 31 May 2019, 10:47 am

A little while ago I was positioned to buy a clay / hunting 12g and had a budget of about 2000, another 500 if something cool came up.
After looking for 3 months, shouldering and shooting numerous 12g from Dt’s 11/12’s and down...and my lgs was jerking an eye out as well.
After 3 months he called me in and handed me an ATA in really dark walnut - bit of a one off in that respect (he had 5 in various configuration) and said for $1k I wouldn’t find a better gun.
Sure - it wasn’t a DT11 quality but it was light, shouldered well, 5 year warranty, 5 chokes, beautiful action, barrel select switch, all the fruit and a presentation case...I’ve been very happy with it after at least a thousand rounds.
This all applies to the akkar as well - QC has improved amazingly....
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Re: Akkar Churchill xm12

Post by ThumbNT » 31 May 2019, 11:48 am

sounds like you had a positive experience too Tassie.

Im going to talk to the chief minister of finance and she is okay with me adding another firearm to the list. Im sick to death of my pardus, and i noticed when i hunt i only ever take 2 shots at a time, sometimes 3 if multiple targets are within close proximity but its not regular enough to need it.
ThumbNT
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.