Adler A110 Slick kit

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler A110 Slick kit

Post by fishburgr » 23 Aug 2019, 5:31 pm

Is anyone familiar with the Adler slick kit??

https://shop.iceng.com.au/adler-slick-smooth-spring-kit

Mines so stiff that after I cycle it a dozen or more times I have to start grabbing the lever from the outside to cycle it to avoid saw knuckles.

It seems expensive for a couple of springs at $85, but worth it for me if it makes a decent improvement.

Anyone installed one?
fishburgr
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Adler A110 Slick kit

Post by Wombat » 23 Aug 2019, 6:42 pm

Not familiar with the kit, but how much have you used your Adler? Have you cycled it several hundred times?
A half hour of cycling mine in front of the TV loosed it up a fair bit.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by cracker » 23 Aug 2019, 7:31 pm

wrap the lever with paracord or something.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 23 Aug 2019, 9:01 pm

this may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMzY5ENnBGg
IMO if you are going to keep the gun why not give it a go :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by cracker » 23 Aug 2019, 10:03 pm

abit of a dog of a thing too pull apart, wrap the lever, rack the action and add some lithium grease, "some" in front of the t.v.
mine runs really well, even compared to my model 1200 pump gun and model 12 winchester, its decent...as decent as it can be.

is it as fast no, is it as smooth no, but it does work and its pretty good fun... well yes!

end of the day its not a model 92 or 94 winchester or a nice pump shotgun, but run it hard and it will work...well at least mine does, maybe im lucky.
cracker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Aug 2019, 8:13 pm

My Adler was slick AF afyet about 100 rounds and a bit of abuse.

It's been to hell and back on the quad bike's gun rack, dust, dirt, mud and used as a bash bar through the scrub.

I've washed it inside and out with degreaser, hosed the degreaser off with water, blown it dry with compressed air and lubricated it with gun oil.

Drive it like you stole it, you won't break the lever off, but when you rack them with a little anger they cycle just fine.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by 8x57 » 26 Aug 2019, 10:09 pm

I’ve fitted the slick kit as well as wrapping the lever in Paracord. The kit was easy to fit and has made a fairly decent different. It’s definitely a lot smoother to operate, came in handle when I got bailed up by a cranky boar.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by fishburgr » 05 Sep 2019, 10:33 am

Thanks for the replies folks. Been offline for a week or so is why I'm only just now responding.

I've only put about 100 rounds thru it, it cycles fine every round just stiff. I'll do whats suggested here and warp it with the paracord and cycle it a few times to see if it loosens up.
fishburgr
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by MrSweden85 » 14 Dec 2019, 8:30 pm

Hello, im new to the forum. And I'm from Sweden. So pardon my bad English.

I've had my Adler a few months and love it. But I find it's a little hard to recycle the last 5mm or so, I made a video to describe the problem. It this normal? I think the adler has been like 300 rounds through it, and been recycled like 1000 times empty :crazy:

https://youtu.be/RT_BYMJDfms

Thank you in advance. :-)

/Sweden
MrSweden85
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 11 Jan 2020, 12:35 pm

Slick kit is the way to go made a massive diffrence best thing i did to the adler was the slick kit.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ferrisweil » 11 Jan 2020, 12:52 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:My Adler was slick AF afyet about 100 rounds and a bit of abuse.

It's been to hell and back on the quad bike's gun rack, dust, dirt, mud and used as a bash bar through the scrub.

I've washed it inside and out with degreaser, hosed the degreaser off with water, blown it dry with compressed air and lubricated it with gun oil.

Drive it like you stole it, you won't break the lever off, but when you rack them with a little anger they cycle just fine.

100% agree and that’s why I love the ol Adler. Best scrub gun. Mines smooth as!
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jt-2019 » 03 Feb 2020, 5:44 am

I wouldn't be too keen to pull the adler apart but from what I've read works a treat might have to try this out.
Jt-2019
Private
Private

-

Post by 8x57 » 03 Feb 2020, 11:59 am

Jt-2019 wrote:I wouldn't be too keen to pull the adler apart but from what I've read works a treat might have to try this out.

It’s fairly Easy to do took me about half and hour
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ricochet » 03 Feb 2020, 12:46 pm

I'm thinking about getting one, I plan to go all Michael Jackson with mine..

Something like these, they have padding on the knuckles it should help a bit, maybe with a paracord wrap.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/dewalt-perf ... e_p5810823
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.