Am I overthinking it? Dickinson T1000 feeding

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Am I overthinking it? Dickinson T1000 feeding

Post by Bridgy » 03 Oct 2019, 7:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can shed some light on something for me. I picked up a Dickinson T1000 Tactical last week, and bought a pair of A-Zoom snap caps to test it all out. I assembled it, and ran the snap caps through it, but I've found occasionally the snap caps won't extract reliably. They'll feed out of the mag without an issue, but sometimes once it's fired, it won't extract the 'fired' round - it'll just pull the next one up and line it up behind the one in the chamber.

Does anyone have experience of this as an issue with snap caps, or could it be something wrong with the shotgun? Am I just overthinking it?

I haven't had a chance to put live ammunition through it - that's happening at the end of the month - but if anyone can shed some light on the issue, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Bridgy
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Re: Am I overthinking it? Dickinson T1000 feeding

Post by marksman » 03 Oct 2019, 8:01 pm

TBH I reckon you are overthinking it
I wouldn't worry about it to much with the snap caps, wait till you try it out with the real thing :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 03 Oct 2019, 9:45 pm

I think it’ll be right mate
I have an Impala Plus straight pull, when i load the mag with snap caps sometimes the next round won’t release onto the loading gate, but i have put over a thousand live rounds through it and have never had a feed issue.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bridgy » 03 Oct 2019, 11:50 pm

Thank you both :) that's very helpful!

Patriot, reading through your post about the Impala Plus, I noticed you mentioned earlier in the year that feed issue - and I have to say that even Federal target load seems heavier than the snap caps!

I'll try my best to not worry about it and post up here after my trip away with hopefully a good success story!
Bridgy
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Stix » 04 Oct 2019, 12:05 am

Yea i think you're best judging it on the real thing.
Snap caps are so different to loaded rounds entering the chamber, & hot expanded light weight shells being extracted & ejected, that you cant judge a firearms full function on them...

At the end of the day, i think they're designed to be constatly slammed by a firing pin, not cycled through actions.for function testing of extractors etc...
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bridgy » 28 Oct 2019, 8:53 pm

Update: I was overthinking it. Thanks to everyone who chimed in, much appreciated!

Over the weekend I put a few boxes of target load through it along with a heap of 00SG and slugs and it functioned flawlessly. I also got 3 goats with it, can’t get better than that!

Well, you can, but I’m still chuffed!
Bridgy
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.