Looking for a new Shotgun; Miroku or Beretta silver pigeon

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Looking for a new Shotgun; Miroku or Beretta silver pigeon

Post by Sairer » 01 Mar 2014, 7:30 pm

Hi,

After going to Melbourne gun club and shooting down the line;
My dad recently purchased a silver pigeon after ages of paying it off slowly, It is now his baby.
We originally have/had a Churchill that is what i was using, and trying to get used to it for the upcoming duck season.

But I am looking to get a new shotgun for myself and I will trade that Churchill in and get some money off of the gun that I purchase.
So after having a few shots of the beretta I really do like it, but i have heard some say that they aren't as good as many people say and it si just a name, and a they suggested to get a perazzi but that is the next step up.

Although there is a big difference between that of a $800 dollar shotgun and a $2500 dollar shotgun.
I would like to get the opinion of others and am always open for new ideas.

I would be aiming to get the gun by next duck opening or later int he year so i can get enough money.

But my range is up to $3000, only after seeing the beretta classic on sale for pretty cheap.

So ideas? Opinons?
Please comment :)

Thanks!
Sairer
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Looking for a new Shotgun; Miroku or Beretta silver pige

Post by skin59 » 03 Mar 2014, 8:06 am

mate, have just purchased a Miroku 70 O/U (made by Browning)it is a great gun and will last a lifetime,no need to spend plenty of $$$$$$.the Baretta's are a nice gun but I think you pay extra for the name.
cheers.
skin59
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Monty » 03 Mar 2014, 8:46 am

There is definitely a premium being paid for the Beretta's.

Not to say that that the Silver Pigeon isn't a very nice shotgun. It definitely is IMO.

If you've got the money and the Beretta SP is the one you want, happy shooting.

Otherwise there are cheaper options that will shoot as well.
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by FourFingersof Death » 03 Mar 2014, 10:19 am

I have only owned Berettas in O/Us, but 95% of the shotgunners (or so it seems) use Mirokus or Brownings which are the same thing. I'd probably go with that if I was buying again. Nothing wrong with either.

I am currenlty only using SxS shotguns as my main game is cowboy and hunting, so I want to concentrate on that platform (I realise the O/Us are superior).

Funnily enough, my main SxS is a Miroku.
FourFingersof Death
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.