armitalia di lucchini ponte zanano

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

armitalia di lucchini ponte zanano

Post by Jakotay22 » 08 Jan 2020, 1:53 pm

Hey guys,

I recently bought a second hand sxs shotgun marked

"armitalia di lucchini ponte zanano MADE in Italy"

It also says "chrom nitro steel boehler" on each barrel.

From my research I have found that they make quite expensive guns, however mine has very minimal engravings and low quality timber. Underneath the handguard there are 2 stars engraved into the right barrel and one star on the left. I haven't been able to look up a serial number anywhere and would just like to know it's age.

Thanks
Jakotay22
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: armitalia di lucchini ponte zanano

Post by Stix » 08 Jan 2020, 2:30 pm

Cant help you sorry...
Other than the stars will likely depict the different choked barrels.
The single star probsbly being full/tighter choke...&/or first barrel to fire if they're not selectable...

Couple of pics would probably help your csuse mate... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Jakotay22 » 08 Jan 2020, 4:45 pm

Here's some pics I have on me :)

https://ibb.co/D7FYH4j

https://ibb.co/sbRXLhq
Jakotay22
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 08 Jan 2020, 4:55 pm

Boehler steel has a reputation for producing top grade steels for various industries. The rest I can't help you with.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 08 Jan 2020, 5:25 pm

G'day Jakotay22,
Finding the age of your Lucchini is not going to be viable, even with pics of the flats it will be a matter of "before this, or after that". The stars on your barrels are post-1950 individual barrel production proof marks, with Final Proof being the letters PSF under a Star in a Circle on the action flats, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 08 Jan 2020, 6:18 pm

G'dayJakotay22,
Just rang a friend who is a Beretta fanatic regarding your age question, as I have always been curious about my Borchesi hammer gun, and he told me that since 1962 the choke in millimeters has been replaced with uncircled stars, as Stix said, 1 star= Full, 2 = Improved modified, 3 = Half and 4 = Improved Cylinder, with Cylinder barrels marked CL. Most importantly he said rules require date of proof marked as Roman Numerals since 1945! As my Borchesi has XVII, it was proofed in 1962, so look on the barrel flats for some Roman Numerals and add 45 to get your year of proof, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Jakotay22 » 08 Jan 2020, 7:48 pm

Some good info here fellas!
Thanks heaps
Jakotay22
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.