Sulun Arms tac 12

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Sulun Arms tac 12

Post by womble » 28 May 2020, 5:00 am

Nah, we all got free shipping, fifo tour of the factory, complimentary pillow mints and Turkish girlfriends.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 6:57 am

Spewing. My comies suck shirt must have pissed him off. :violin:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 28 May 2020, 7:43 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:So I paid my invoice just now. $1496 which included $110 for shipping to dealer. Is that what you guys paid?

Hmm mine came in 100 bucks cheaper with shipping and transfer.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 8:53 am

bcr83 wrote:
AussieCapitalist wrote:So I paid my invoice just now. $1496 which included $110 for shipping to dealer. Is that what you guys paid?

Hmm mine came in 100 bucks cheaper with shipping and transfer.

I got the M4 stock in black. Maybe yours was cheaper because of the fixed stock? Or maybe its more expensive to ship to QLD? Or maybe I got ripped off.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 28 May 2020, 9:21 am

I paid $1350.
M4 stock
Black
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 28 May 2020, 10:43 am

$1380 Black M4 stock - Im getting my stock pinned and posted to NSW dealer.

Must be postage, you can opt for a hardcase for extra $100 but went with free softcase
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 11:31 am

Errr So I did get ripped off. I just emailed the bloke and said I wanted a m4 stock black and his invoice was $1496. I did not even ask about hardcases. he must of just opted me in for it.

gun $1250
shipping $110
GST $136.00
Total $1496.00
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 28 May 2020, 12:27 pm

My invoice says the gun was $1250 including GST, not plus GST. Same with the shipping and dealer handling.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Medb » 28 May 2020, 1:18 pm

I paid $1460 all up for the camo cerakote including shipping and GST

Gun 1350 + 110 shipping (what I was quoted)

On the invoice itself the gun is listed as $1227.27, and shipping $100, and then GST of 132.73 was added separately.

Seems like you paid an extra $136 for something :unknown: (looks like you got charged for GST twice?)

Also seems some people didn't pay GST on shipping and saved $10?
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 1:33 pm

He must just charge people whatever and pocket the difference. haha. Oh well as long as she works half as good as she looks I will be happy.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 28 May 2020, 3:38 pm

For anyone who hasn't seen it
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by AussieCapitalist » 01 Jun 2020, 3:11 pm

Man I am actually getting excited for this to arrive lads. I just hope it feels nice and solid in the hand .My PTA for a cat A bolt action has been submitted.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 02 Jun 2020, 5:10 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Man I am actually getting excited for this to arrive lads. I just hope it feels nice and solid in the hand .My PTA for a cat A bolt action has been submitted.

these were due to arrive last week
Any updates?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 02 Jun 2020, 6:13 pm

I got excited about the arrival of my first straight pull shotgun and it turned up on time as promised just in time for me to take it hunting , and I have since taken it bush many times but not used it ... hopefully that’s not the case with you and you get to actually do something with it. Maybe I will get a change of physical situation throughout the year that allows me to get some use out of mine
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 02 Jun 2020, 7:50 pm

Patriot wrote:
these were due to arrive last week
Any updates?

When I ordered last week he said 2-3 weeks until the plane leaves Turkey. I wonder how long until customs gives it the all clear at the boarder?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 02 Jun 2020, 7:52 pm

Blr243 wrote:I got excited about the arrival of my first straight pull shotgun and it turned up on time as promised just in time for me to take it hunting , and I have since taken it bush many times but not used it ... hopefully that’s not the case with you and you get to actually do something with it. Maybe I will get a change of physical situation throughout the year that allows me to get some use out of mine

Thanks mate. I am kinda just looking forward to stripping it down and cleaning it to be honest. I find it therapeutic. My music in the background, a nice cigar it is relaxing. You should look into these tac 12s mate. They look amazing.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 04 Jun 2020, 1:35 pm

PTA got approved.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by ThumbNT » 08 Jun 2020, 12:32 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:The importer is based in Perth mate so I am not sure if he can only sell them to the east coast or if these are legal in WA. Does WA allow the Berika straight pull? If they do then maybe they will allow this.

Located in Perth and im pretty keen to order one

the black camo looks fantastic! who was the importer if i can ask?
ThumbNT
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 08 Jun 2020, 2:02 pm

ThumbNT wrote:Located in Perth and im pretty keen to order one

the black camo looks fantastic! who was the importer if i can ask?

There is the website and email address mate. His name is Josh Hyde. Email him and see if he has any left in stock. And while you are at it ask him when the plane will leave Turkey and let us all know please. :D

sales@sulunarmsanz.com.au

http://www.sulunarmsanz.com.au/product/tac-12/
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 08 Jun 2020, 5:55 pm

I was told by Josh the plane was leaving Turkey on May 28th.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 09 Jun 2020, 3:09 pm

Patriot wrote:I was told by Josh the plane was leaving Turkey on May 28th.

I wonder how long it will take to clear customs mate. This will be all the rage with tube fed shotguns and the Berika will be all the rage with detachable fed shotguns. Berikas just fly off the shelf and so will this.

We should go to wattle grove mate and do some shooting.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 11 Jun 2020, 3:31 pm

Update: spoke to Josh yesterday , he said an issue with a connecting flight. Scheduled to arrive 17th June.

Ok for me my PTA won't turn up until end 1st week July.

In the meantime I bought the bolt on limbsaver pad that fits this model (tactical stock)

Ordered a mesa tactical 6 shell holder but not sure it will fit the existing holes in receiver.

Now looking for some way to setup a front QD sling mount, I am seeing only way for this as aftermarket barrel clamp with QD cup....

Btw some of the Russian and Ukrainian videos are really good for the semi auto model. One of them shoots 10k rounds (yes a full day of solid, non stop shooting) and it doesnt miss a beat)

The other one below shows you Benelli vs Tac12 side by side

https://youtu.be/HW5GZ5Dndio
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Medb » 11 Jun 2020, 8:33 pm

Yeah, I've also got lots of goodies sitting around waiting for the gun to turn up, as well as a couple more in transit, and a few more orders I placed recently where I'm waiting to (hopefully) get the shipping notification (as usual the main problem is finding stores that will actually ship to Aus.)

For the shell holders another popular option on the Benelli/Turknelli is the Aridus Industries universal Q-DC carrier, it's a universal fit and just uses a strong double sided adhesive to stick to the receiver, I have one on order and (hopefully) will get a shipping confirmation soon.

I'm still waiting for a few packages from Brownells I ordered back in April to arrive but the tracking is finally starting to update again recently so hopefully they actually turn up soon. If you place any overseas orders at the moment use a premium priority/expresspost or international courier for shipping or you will be waiting months for it to turn up. I had one package from Canada take 2 months, and another one (express post) took 10 days.

I have ordered one of those barrel clamps you mention which has a small pic rail section but I'll be using it to attach a light up the front. Is there some reason you want to use a QD sling setup rather than just using the swivels it comes with and threading a sling through them, or using paraclips/hooks if you wanted to be able to remove it quickly? (also I'm not sure if the swivel on the rear of the stock is actually a QD slot if you were planning to use that.)

Still looking for somewhere that has the Trulock tactical ported choke in stock and can ship to Aus. Out of stock at Brownells, Opticsplanet has it but ordering from them is a last resort for me since their shipping is so expensive and probably about 80% of the things I've tried to buy from them they won't export anyway.

Still waiting to see if the site I placed an order with for the Strike Industries Hayl Rail will actually ship it to Aus.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 12 Jun 2020, 7:05 am

If you blokes are having trouble getting merchants to ship to Aus I suggest looking into a middleman service. You pay them then they give you an American address to their warehouse then they ship it to you. It can sometimes cost more but if you really want an item it is worth it.

I have used these blokes before and there are a few other ones around. Do some research.
https://www.myus.com/
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 12 Jun 2020, 1:31 pm

Medb wrote:For the shell holders another popular option on the Benelli/Turknelli is the Aridus Industries universal Q-DC carrier, it's a universal fit and just uses a strong double sided adhesive to stick to the receiver, I have one on order and (hopefully) will get a shipping confirmation soon.

Hahaha we've both got the bug.... I've been checking our aridus industries too :lol:

I ordered mesa from Brownells the poly version and I'll see how it fits up, it's returnable anyway. If it's no good I'll get aridus but it's a bit chunky (I like the metal retainers though)

Also ordered CDM BMT barrel clamp , comes with padding to protect the finish and has qd cup in it. Re: swivels yeah I had two magpul ms4 slings with qd mounts and I like to unclip it for storage etc. Really handy.

If you want to order from US use Comgateway - as long as it's not ITAR item they are quite economical for shipping out US items. I have used them 5 times and works flawlessly. Gives you an address in Portland , Oregon and you use the details for the company to ship to. Only thing is ITAR rules for us. Eg I just ordered a Leupold delta point pro and they say it's a gun part so it's prohibited (US won't ship oit)

Excuse me while I google the trulock ported choke :P
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Medb » 12 Jun 2020, 2:00 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:If you blokes are having trouble getting merchants to ship to Aus I suggest looking into a middleman service. You pay them then they give you an American address to their warehouse then they ship it to you. It can sometimes cost more but if you really want an item it is worth it.

I have used these blokes before and there are a few other ones around. Do some research.
https://www.myus.com/

I have used some of these services before for various items, the trouble I've had with them is

#1 Lots of stores (particularly gun stores) won't ship to these package forwarding companies, because they believe (and rightly so) that any packages being sent to that address will be then exported out of U.S, or wherever you are buying from and will potentially be in breach of ITAR/ a bunch of other regulations. There is a large list of all the known package forwarding companies, and a good amount of retailers simply won't ship to them if you enter a known package forwarding address.

#2 If you read the "what you cannot ship" section on that site it details a list of items they cannot legally ship to you which includes "Firearms, guns & accessories, including replicas, BB/pellet/airsoft/paintball guns, parts and projectiles, Ammunition, magazines & bayonets, Military training equipment, Military and law enforcement equipment, Thermal imaging, InfraRed or other night vision devices, Rifle scopes, laser pointing & aiming devices for firearms, Defense articles controlled under the US Munitions List as defined under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Any dual-use or commercial article controlled under the Commerce Control List (CCL) as defined under the Export Administration Regulations, where the control status requires a Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) approved export license." All of which covers pretty much anything gun related at all. Now admittedly I've never actually tried sending them an item that was in breach of what they can ship, but they typically do open the original packaging and repack the products, as well as ask you to fill out customs declarations and such so I assume once they discover something they can't legally ship, they won't ship you the item and you would have to arrange for them to return it for you.

#3 If you do go ahead and get shipped an item they can't legally send to you and it gets stopped by U.S customs on the way out because the sender doesn't have the proper export licence, you will lose the item and be out whatever you paid for it + shipping and possibly face more severe repercussions.

There was actually a major update to the laws surrounding firearms exports from the U.S earlier this year which makes it easier to export a lot of parts and accessories, but most of the sites seem pretty slow to update and implement new policies so a large amount of items they claim they cannot export in reality they actually can but just won't.

Overall to me it seems there is a fair bit of risk in using these services for firearms parts and lots of ways to end up losing your money or the item, especially if you are trying to buy an item from the U.S since they are quite strict about firearm related exports, some of the European countries might be a bit safer to order from.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 12 Jun 2020, 3:43 pm

These are cheaper version.

https://www.browncoattactical.com/product-p/h-shell.htm

Ships to Australia.
Ordered x2 $78 Australian shipped.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 18 Jun 2020, 5:46 am

Update guys, they landed in Perth last night. Orders will be getting ready and dispatched soon.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 18 Jun 2020, 7:21 am

Awesome news. PTA is all ready to go. Dealer will ring me when it arrives.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 Jun 2020, 3:44 pm

Come on Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got an email that theirs has been shipped?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.