Sulun Arms tac 12

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Sulun Arms tac 12

Post by womble » 27 May 2020, 5:13 am

The fde and camo are cerakote at no extra cost.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bcr83 » 27 May 2020, 7:31 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:Plenty of interest in this shotgun. Really shows how much people love the Benelli. Can you post up that link you have mate for the side sattle and charging handle. I would like to look at them. They don't need import permits do they?

Yep the other thing , this shotty is heaps popular in Canada as a semi auto. Referred to as turkinelli so if you search for turkinelli you will find lots of stuff.

Last night I found how to change the stock for any aftermarket Benelli stock, limbsaver recoil pad etc.

Here's a few parts I'm looking into but need to check further and find shippers

Charge handle
https://www.gggaz.com/benelli-m4-slotte ... andle.html

Btw factory me Benelli handle fits but I like the one above.

Limbsaver
https://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/226 ... ble-stock/
Btw apparently no modding needed unless telescopic stock fully collapsed. The forum link down the bottom talks through this specific to sulun tac12

Shell carrier
https://www.mesatactical.com/products/s ... -2-in.html

Not sure if I can post to other forum so please remove if needed. This thread is all about the tac12 in Canada , heaps of info.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/s ... !!!/page43
Last edited by bcr83 on 27 May 2020, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bcr83 » 27 May 2020, 7:34 am

They were also going to cerakote for me in custom cobalt grey which looks awesome for only 100 bucks extra. 16 week wait though ....
Attachments
FB_IMG_1590471331154.jpg
FB_IMG_1590471331154.jpg (95.08 KiB) Viewed 25265 times
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 7:59 am

Thanks mate I will check it out. That grey looks hell good. I got the black with m4 adjustable stock. I reckon this shotgun and the berika will be the death of the adler. They cost a little bit more but build quality and looks are so much better.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 27 May 2020, 10:06 am

I've just heard back from shop on Canada, apparently the side saddle won't fit but the bolt handle will....

Still trying to work out sling attachment as well
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 27 May 2020, 11:42 am

Just finalised my order, the bloke I spoke with reckons shipment is leaving Turkey by plane on the 28th of May, and should be ready for delivery from WA in about 3 weeks. This will be my 4th 12 gauge, hope WLB don’t have a limit on same caliber.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 11:50 am

Patriot wrote:Just finalised my order, the bloke I spoke with reckons shipment is leaving Turkey by plane on the 28th of May, and should be ready for delivery from WA in about 3 weeks. This will be my 4th 12 gauge, hope WLB don’t have a limit on same caliber.

WLB are not the law mate. The law does not place restrictions on the number of firearms you can own and the law also says you do not need to provide a genuine reason for a CAT A firearm. Thats why when you do your PTA online and select cat A it does not have a section to put in genuine reason.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 27 May 2020, 12:00 pm

I have read the act and regs mate.
WLB do administer the act and regs though and do have a history of broad interpretation and of trying to frustrate the process.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 12:23 pm

Regardless of who administrates the act they still have to follow the act and nowhere in the act does it place a limit on the number of firearms you can own if you have a genuine reason and it also mentions that every category needs to provide a genuine reason except cat A.

WLB do have a history of being knobs and making up their own rules such as banning people from 338 lapua ownership until people started suing them and the courts more or less told them that the only illegal caliber in QLD by law is 50BMG and because of that I am now the owner of a 338 lapua. The law is clear in regards to PTAs. If you are a licence holder you will be fine mate.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 27 May 2020, 12:58 pm

Yep even in WA I know of a bloke who owns 17 guns, multiple of the same or similar category and repeating shotguns.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 9:24 pm

AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 27 May 2020, 9:26 pm

So I paid my invoice just now. $1496 which included $110 for shipping to dealer. Is that what you guys paid?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 28 May 2020, 5:00 am

Nah, we all got free shipping, fifo tour of the factory, complimentary pillow mints and Turkish girlfriends.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 6:57 am

Spewing. My comies suck shirt must have pissed him off. :violin:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 28 May 2020, 7:43 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:So I paid my invoice just now. $1496 which included $110 for shipping to dealer. Is that what you guys paid?

Hmm mine came in 100 bucks cheaper with shipping and transfer.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 8:53 am

bcr83 wrote:
AussieCapitalist wrote:So I paid my invoice just now. $1496 which included $110 for shipping to dealer. Is that what you guys paid?

Hmm mine came in 100 bucks cheaper with shipping and transfer.

I got the M4 stock in black. Maybe yours was cheaper because of the fixed stock? Or maybe its more expensive to ship to QLD? Or maybe I got ripped off.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 28 May 2020, 9:21 am

I paid $1350.
M4 stock
Black
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 28 May 2020, 10:43 am

$1380 Black M4 stock - Im getting my stock pinned and posted to NSW dealer.

Must be postage, you can opt for a hardcase for extra $100 but went with free softcase
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 11:31 am

Errr So I did get ripped off. I just emailed the bloke and said I wanted a m4 stock black and his invoice was $1496. I did not even ask about hardcases. he must of just opted me in for it.

gun $1250
shipping $110
GST $136.00
Total $1496.00
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 28 May 2020, 12:27 pm

My invoice says the gun was $1250 including GST, not plus GST. Same with the shipping and dealer handling.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Medb » 28 May 2020, 1:18 pm

I paid $1460 all up for the camo cerakote including shipping and GST

Gun 1350 + 110 shipping (what I was quoted)

On the invoice itself the gun is listed as $1227.27, and shipping $100, and then GST of 132.73 was added separately.

Seems like you paid an extra $136 for something :unknown: (looks like you got charged for GST twice?)

Also seems some people didn't pay GST on shipping and saved $10?
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 1:33 pm

He must just charge people whatever and pocket the difference. haha. Oh well as long as she works half as good as she looks I will be happy.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 28 May 2020, 3:38 pm

For anyone who hasn't seen it
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by AussieCapitalist » 01 Jun 2020, 3:11 pm

Man I am actually getting excited for this to arrive lads. I just hope it feels nice and solid in the hand .My PTA for a cat A bolt action has been submitted.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 02 Jun 2020, 5:10 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Man I am actually getting excited for this to arrive lads. I just hope it feels nice and solid in the hand .My PTA for a cat A bolt action has been submitted.

these were due to arrive last week
Any updates?
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 02 Jun 2020, 6:13 pm

I got excited about the arrival of my first straight pull shotgun and it turned up on time as promised just in time for me to take it hunting , and I have since taken it bush many times but not used it ... hopefully that’s not the case with you and you get to actually do something with it. Maybe I will get a change of physical situation throughout the year that allows me to get some use out of mine
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 02 Jun 2020, 7:50 pm

Patriot wrote:
these were due to arrive last week
Any updates?

When I ordered last week he said 2-3 weeks until the plane leaves Turkey. I wonder how long until customs gives it the all clear at the boarder?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 02 Jun 2020, 7:52 pm

Blr243 wrote:I got excited about the arrival of my first straight pull shotgun and it turned up on time as promised just in time for me to take it hunting , and I have since taken it bush many times but not used it ... hopefully that’s not the case with you and you get to actually do something with it. Maybe I will get a change of physical situation throughout the year that allows me to get some use out of mine

Thanks mate. I am kinda just looking forward to stripping it down and cleaning it to be honest. I find it therapeutic. My music in the background, a nice cigar it is relaxing. You should look into these tac 12s mate. They look amazing.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 04 Jun 2020, 1:35 pm

PTA got approved.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by ThumbNT » 08 Jun 2020, 12:32 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:The importer is based in Perth mate so I am not sure if he can only sell them to the east coast or if these are legal in WA. Does WA allow the Berika straight pull? If they do then maybe they will allow this.

Located in Perth and im pretty keen to order one

the black camo looks fantastic! who was the importer if i can ask?
ThumbNT
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Next

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.