Sulun Arms tac 12

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Sulun Arms tac 12

Post by bcr83 » 26 Jun 2020, 4:27 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Come on Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got an email that theirs has been shipped?

Nope, I messaged him yesterday or the day before and he said they were getting shipped next week...

I was hoping it would get to my g
NSW gunsmith by Saturday 4th July but dont think so...
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 Jun 2020, 5:08 pm

Righto cheers bud. Maybe within the next 2 weeks or so.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 01 Jul 2020, 1:07 pm

Received notification that my TAC 12 has been shipped.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 02 Jul 2020, 6:27 am

Patriot wrote:Received notification that my TAC 12 has been shipped.

Hi mate which state is it going to? Just interested to see how long it takes to get there. Mine is coming to NSW but hasn't been posted yet.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 02 Jul 2020, 8:00 am

bcr83 wrote:
Patriot wrote:Received notification that my TAC 12 has been shipped.

Hi mate which state is it going to? Just interested to see how long it takes to get there. Mine is coming to NSW but hasn't been posted yet.

Queensland
It actually says being shipped today Thursday.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Medb » 06 Jul 2020, 12:30 pm

So did anyone else get a shipping notification or just Patriot?

I haven't heard anything, I've got a PTA expiring at the end of this week which sadly looks like it won't make it in time.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 07 Jul 2020, 6:47 am

Medb wrote:So did anyone else get a shipping notification or just Patriot?

I haven't heard anything, I've got a PTA expiring at the end of this week which sadly looks like it won't make it in time.

No notification either mate, I spoke to Josh yesterday and he said they were "picked up" Friday. Didnt give any other info, little frustrating because my gunsmith is 1.5hrs away and it's getting sent there. I have no idea when it will turn up, I am hoping it gets there before end of week, you might be lucky.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 07 Jul 2020, 5:30 pm

bcr83 wrote:

No notification either mate, I spoke to Josh yesterday and he said they were "picked up" Friday. Didnt give any other info, little frustrating because my gunsmith is 1.5hrs away and it's getting sent there. I have no idea when it will turn up, I am hoping it gets there before end of week, you might be lucky.

I was told shipped Thursday last week, ETA Brisbane early this week.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 09 Jul 2020, 9:10 am

Patriot wrote:
bcr83 wrote:

Any news on yours patriot?
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 09 Jul 2020, 10:11 am

bcr83 wrote:
Patriot wrote:
bcr83 wrote:

Any news on yours patriot?

Nothing yet mate
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Medb » 10 Jul 2020, 1:42 pm

Just picked it up from the shop and it is awesome, very impressed with the quality.

2 days left till the PTA expired :lol:
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 10 Jul 2020, 7:25 pm

Medb wrote:Just picked it up from the shop and it is awesome, very impressed with the quality.

Oh so it got there obviously, lucky for you with the PTA timing. Hopefully mine will be at my dealer next week. Enjoy and let us know how she goes
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Medb » 10 Jul 2020, 10:35 pm

In regards to some of the accessories people were talking about/interested in.

Of what I tested so far:

Mesa side saddle & rail - Fits, the holes in the receiver line up perfectly and it goes on no problem. This also means other accessories that utilize the top of the receiver like the Scalarworks RMR mount should fit.

Replacement handguards - Fits, there is a couple designed for benelli m4 so if one fits the rest probably will.

Benelli/Beretta chokes - Fits. It came with 5 regular chokes & tool + a ported breaching style choke (looks like the carlsons one)

Benelli U.S.A Bolt Handle (Mfr Part: 70041) - Fits but doesn't stay in the action, just hops right back out and wouldn't lock in place. Apparently bolt handles for the Benelli m4 are a bit finicky. Some are designed for multiple models (m1,m2,m4) but have issues with the M4 since it has a different mechanism to hold the bolt handle in place, while other companies make specific handles just for the m4. So some different handles may work, but the one I tried didn't.

Also pleasantly surprised how light it is, very nice weight for a shotgun. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it cycles dummy rounds very nicely.

IMG_20200710_220039.jpg
IMG_20200710_220039.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 15611 times
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 11 Jul 2020, 6:20 am

Medb wrote:In regards to some of the accessories people were talking about/interested in.

Of what I tested so far:

Mesa side saddle & rail - Fits, the holes in the receiver line up perfectly and it goes on no problem. This also means other accessories that utilize the top of the receiver like the Scalarworks RMR mount should fit.

Replacement handguards - Fits, there is a couple designed for benelli m4 so if one fits the rest probably will.

Benelli/Beretta chokes - Fits. It came with 5 regular chokes & tool + a ported breaching style choke (looks like the carlsons one)

Benelli U.S.A Bolt Handle (Mfr Part: 70041) - Fits but doesn't stay in the action, just hops right back out and wouldn't lock in place. Apparently bolt handles for the Benelli m4 are a bit finicky. Some are designed for multiple models (m1,m2,m4) but have issues with the M4 since it has a different mechanism to hold the bolt handle in place, while other companies make specific handles just for the m4. So some different handles may work, but the one I tried didn't.

Also pleasantly surprised how light it is, very nice weight for a shotgun. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it cycles dummy rounds very nicely.

IMG_20200710_220039.jpg

Hey medb, legend for writing this up.

I ordered the mesa saddle about 2 months ago from brownells Australia and it arrives on Monday it's the sixth Shell carrier poly version so hopefully it should line up?

Did you install the shell saddle? Couldn't see it on pics. Cheers
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bcr83 » 11 Jul 2020, 6:24 am

Also been looking at g&g bolt handles, seem to work as the guys in Canada are using them. Although same guys said factory Benelli handle would work.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Medb » 11 Jul 2020, 1:02 pm

I was just testing the Mesa saddle out as I was curious whether it fit or not, I did install it and tighten it down and it was solid and worked well. I removed it afterwards as I'm probably going to run the Aridus saddle & get that RMR mount so I can actually use the iron sights as well.

Regarding the charging handles I'm not sure which will fit, I probably won't bother ordering any more anyone else has some success or I order something differnt from a site that happens to sell them as well. The stock charging handle works well and is actually comfortable when cycling it, the ones made for the Benelli are for a semi-auto that you don't have to manually cycle all day, so they aren't really engineered with comfort in mind.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 11 Jul 2020, 3:18 pm

Medb wrote:

I was just testing the Mesa saddle out as I was curious whether it fit or not, I did install it and tighten it down and it was solid and worked well. I removed it afterwards as I'm probably going to run the Aridus saddle & get that RMR mount so I can actually use the iron sights as well.

Regarding the charging handles I'm not sure which will fit, I probably won't bother ordering any more anyone else has some success or I order something differnt from a site that happens to sell them as well. The stock charging handle works well and is actually comfortable when cycling it, the ones made for the Benelli are for a semi-auto that you don't have to manually cycle all day, so they aren't really engineered with comfort in mind.

Good stuff mate. I saw your red dot on it, makes sense.

My kahles red dot will go straight on picatinny but will probably rule out using stock sights.
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 11 Jul 2020, 4:58 pm

Medb wrote:Just picked it up from the shop and it is awesome, very impressed with the quality.

Good one mate.

Mine is still sitting at the depot at Redbank, hopefully Monday for
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Mrobbo » 14 Jul 2020, 4:48 pm

Hey guys, thought I'd chime in here, im in Vic and mine just arrived at my local gunshop today, they will process it and hopefully can pick it up tommorow if i get time with work, so if your waiting, im sure they are on there way!
Mrobbo
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 14 Jul 2020, 6:50 pm

Picked up mine today.

Looks awesome and quality is excellent.

Very happy.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 14 Jul 2020, 8:45 pm

Patriot wrote:Picked up mine today.

Looks awesome and quality is excellent.

Very happy.

Awesome good to hear,.my gunsmith in NSW has pinned my stock but questioned it's legality based on mag capacity. My understanding is that it's Cat A, bolt action shotgun with tube fed mag so should be unlimited capacity .. hopefully works out ok
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by aimz » 16 Jul 2020, 12:38 pm

Medb wrote:

IMG_20200710_220039.jpg

that looks soooo goooood
aimz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 20 Jul 2020, 3:04 pm

I put a slab through mine on the weekend. No issues.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Medb » 31 Jul 2020, 11:59 pm

Small update

I said I wasn't going to bother with any more charging handles but my curiosity got the better of me and I ordered another one. I got the Benelli M4 combat charging handle made by S&J Hardware. I suspected this one would probably fit since the company that makes it in Canada also sells the Turknelli, and they have advertised & sell this part as part of a "upgrade" package for the Turknelli.

And I can confirm it does indeed work with the Tac-12, It locks in slot nice and tightly, and takes a solid amount more force than the stock charging handle to remove. Functionally wise it doesn't really offer any advantage over the stock one though, it just closer matches the aesthetics of the actual Benelli by having a smaller profile than the large knob of the Tac-12. It's a decent amount shorter so if you like doing that funky left hand under the receiver cycling motion it makes that a bit harder to execute.

The red dot mount also arrived which fits nicely, and there is a few shells poking out from the shell carrier on the left of the receiver.

IMG_20200731_232207.jpg
IMG_20200731_232207.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 15086 times
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Patriot » 01 Aug 2020, 1:20 pm

Medb wrote:Small update

I said I wasn't going to bother with any more charging handles but my curiosity got the better of me and I ordered another one. I got the Benelli M4 combat charging handle made by S&J Hardware. I suspected this one would probably fit since the company that makes it in Canada also sells the Turknelli, and they have advertised & sell this part as part of a "upgrade" package for the Turknelli.

And I can confirm it does indeed work with the Tac-12, It locks in slot nice and tightly, and takes a solid amount more force than the stock charging handle to remove. Functionally wise it doesn't really offer any advantage over the stock one though, it just closer matches the aesthetics of the actual Benelli by having a smaller profile than the large knob of the Tac-12. It's a decent amount shorter so if you like doing that funky left hand under the receiver cycling motion it makes that a bit harder to execute.

The red dot mount also arrived which fits nicely, and there is a few shells poking out from the shell carrier on the left of the receiver.

IMG_20200731_232207.jpg

I might order one of the charging handles

I did have the charging handle pop out on my TAC 12 when cycling fast and spinning the handle.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 01 Aug 2020, 5:38 pm

Nice looking shotty, I got mine with a Kahles red dot and the mesa tactical side saddle.

The side saddle fits and works beautifully, I put 100 rounds through her shooting some clays of all places :D

I also would recommend adding the limbsaver recoil pad if you have pistol grip. I noticed a good 40-50% decrease in kick. Put 100 rounds through her pretty much one after the other.

I did notice that the front sight Mount looked slightly canted and the part I am referring to is the sight mount that is welded to the barrel... Going to speak to the manufacturer and see what they can do
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Medb » 01 Aug 2020, 6:25 pm

bcr83 wrote:
I also would recommend adding the limbsaver recoil pad if you have pistol grip. I noticed a good 40-50% decrease in kick. Put 100 rounds through her pretty much one after the other.

Which model and size limbsaver pad did you get for it if you don't mind? Still somewhat uncertain what the correct pad for it is. Slip on? Grind to fit? Classic? Airtech? no idea. :unknown:
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bcr83 » 02 Aug 2020, 3:38 pm

Medb wrote:
bcr83 wrote:

Which model and size limbsaver pad did you get for it if you don't mind? Still somewhat uncertain what the correct pad for it is. Slip on? Grind to fit? Classic? Airtech? no idea. :unknown:

If you have the pistol grip adj stock model you need the limbsaver 10403. Direct screw in factory fit, no cutting or adjusting required. You will just need two slightly longer screws (3mm) cost me about $75 from memory but has made it comfortable to shoot for extended periods.

Not the Airtec model they don't make direct fit in that model it's the classic but a huge improvement on stock one
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bcr83 » 03 Aug 2020, 6:33 pm

20200803_182828.jpg
20200803_182828.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 14977 times

You guys noticed the front sight on yours being off centre? Mine definitely doesn't look right
Attachments
20200803_182811.jpg
20200803_182811.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 14977 times
bcr83
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Barbarian » 21 Sep 2020, 12:18 am

Nice setup Bcr, not sure if you’ve had the stock off, but is it the same joinery setup as most Turkish shotguns? Or is it more like a benelli, mossy, rem etc?

Waiting to hear back from the importer if they’ve had luck getting them past WAPOL’s scrutiny before I drop a deposit on one.

Cheers.
Barbarian
Private
Private

Western Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.