Sulun Arms tac 12

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Sulun Arms tac 12

Post by Tony12ga » 26 Sep 2020, 11:37 am

Long time lurker and first time poster here.
Just checked out the TAC12 at their store in Cockburn.........in one word......very nice.
Is their a problem locally with WAPOL........currently CAT A but is there an issue somewhere?
Looking to purchase very soon.
Thanks Tony
Tony12ga
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Barbarian » 28 Sep 2020, 5:55 pm

Tony12ga wrote:Long time lurker and first time poster here.
Just checked out the TAC12 at their store in Cockburn.........in one word......very nice.
Is their a problem locally with WAPOL........currently CAT A but is there an issue somewhere?
Looking to purchase very soon.
Thanks Tony

I have seen that they can be offered with a traditional pistol grip style stock that should prevent WAPOL getting their knickers in a twist, I’m planning to go that route when I bite the bullet and order one. Just trying to find out if they’ll accept an ATI raven stock first.

The Dickinson T-1000 in tactical guise gets through just fine.
Barbarian
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by 8x57 » 29 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm

Hey Blokes
Just order one was wondering how every who owns one are finding them ?
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 29 Oct 2020, 6:18 pm

https://youtu.be/fkSENOgiyAU

SSA did a review if anyone is interested.
Member-Deleted

Post by Woden » 18 Nov 2020, 9:33 am

Medb wrote:In regards to some of the accessories people were talking about/interested in.

IMG_20200710_220039.jpg

I was thinking the FDE but after your pic of the Camo I'm all for that now. Looks better than stock pics on the website. How are you liking the Tac-12 so far?
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 18 Nov 2020, 9:36 am

BangWhizzClack wrote:https://youtu.be/fkSENOgiyAU

Saw this one from Aaron and it got me interested. H4e seems like a no-nonsense reviewer who calls it like he sees it. I give him a lot of cred for his opinion and he really likes the Tac-12.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Nov 2020, 7:52 pm

Woden wrote:

Saw this one from Aaron and it got me interested. H4e seems like a no-nonsense reviewer who calls it like he sees it. I give him a lot of cred for his opinion and he really likes the Tac-12.

Indeed, there was also an Australian made straight-pull (if you support that kinda stuff) from Windynamics Australia. Not too expensive either.
Member-Deleted

Post by Woden » 18 Nov 2020, 9:38 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
Woden wrote:

Indeed, there was also an Australian made straight-pull (if you support that kinda stuff) from Windynamics Australia. Not too expensive either.

Thanks for the heads-up. I just checked their website but the Sulun Arms is a 7+1 and comes with a padded bag and the Berika Arms model comes with 2 5-round magazines. Both are a tad cheaper than the Aussie version. I'm guessing they're new to the market?
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Medb » 18 Nov 2020, 10:50 pm

Woden wrote:
Medb wrote:In regards to some of the accessories people were talking about/interested in.

IMG_20200710_220039.jpg

I was thinking the FDE but after your pic of the Camo I'm all for that now. Looks better than stock pics on the website. How are you liking the Tac-12 so far?

I'm very happy with it, shot a few hundred rounds mostly buckshot and some slugs through it with no issues. There's nothing else that's come onto the market since buying it that I would rather have instead, so it's still my first choice for a tube fed straight pull.

The only other shotgun that caught my attention recently is that meme double barrel straightpull the mh12, but I don't really see that as a practical gun, just something stupid and fun to shoot.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 19 Nov 2020, 2:06 am

Woden wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:
Woden wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. I just checked their website but the Sulun Arms is a 7+1 and comes with a padded bag and the Berika Arms model comes with 2 5-round magazines. Both are a tad cheaper than the Aussie version. I'm guessing they're new to the market?

I do believe so, hard to find reviews for it.
Member-Deleted

Post by linkoln » 19 Nov 2020, 12:21 pm

How much do you think i would get for a trade in on a second hand Dickinson 7+1?
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Woden » 22 Nov 2020, 1:07 pm

Can anyone tell me the best source of after-market accessories for Sulun Arms Tac-12?
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 22 Nov 2020, 1:10 pm

Waiting on next shipment of Tac-12 due in a couple of weeks at Arms & Ammo (Newcastle). Not sure whether to get the camo or desert. Both look great.

Looking at getting a decent sling and a light. Any other add-ons people think are necessary?
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by junjun » 23 Nov 2020, 12:26 pm

Woden wrote:Can anyone tell me the best source of after-market accessories for Sulun Arms Tac-12?

Josh from Sulun Arms is going to sell accessories next Jan. He will import a number of different type. Or you can go to Brownell.com. They will ship the Mesa tactical rail integrated 8 shell carrier. It's US$145 plus shipping. Mesa Tactical official website is cheaper but they don't ship to OZ.

I am waiting for Josh and see what he has got.
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Woden » 23 Nov 2020, 1:21 pm

junjun wrote:
Woden wrote:Can anyone tell me the best source of after-market accessories for Sulun Arms Tac-12?

Josh from Sulun Arms is going to sell accessories next Jan. He will import a number of different type. Or you can go to Brownell.com. They will ship the Mesa tactical rail integrated 8 shell carrier. It's US$145 plus shipping. Mesa Tactical official website is cheaper but they don't ship to OZ.

I am waiting for Josh and see what he has got.

Thanks junjun, good to know!
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 26 Nov 2020, 1:06 pm

Picked up this sling for my new Tac-12 when I get it:

https://tacticalgear.com.au/products/bl ... yote-brown

Did a bit of research on 1,2 & 3 point slings and this little beauty seems the pick of the bunch. Watched a video on connecting it to a Benelli (same as Tac-12) and it fits sweet. Now just waiting on the shipment of the Tac-12s to arrive in Newcastle and I'm good to go. PTA in hand already. I'm like a kid in a candy store...
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Medb » 26 Nov 2020, 2:07 pm

Yup, the blue force gear slings are quality, I've got the same one on mine, although it's the padded version so it has a bit more material around the shoulder area.

As far as other accessories go I don't think it really needs too much done to it, personally I have a habit of typically putting on more than necessary, or changing things just for the sake of it. Even though I actually try to keep things simple, it usually never ends up that way :unknown:

Are you planning to put a red dot on it? That's really the main component apart from the sling that I'd recommend, but I run dot's or scopes on everything and never really used irons much. Everything else is more of an extra that you don't really need, but might want depending on your usage of the gun.
Medb
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Woden » 27 Nov 2020, 6:55 am

Medb wrote:Are you planning to put a red dot on it? That's really the main component apart from the sling that I'd recommend, but I run dot's or scopes on everything and never really used irons much. Everything else is more of an extra that you don't really need, but might want depending on your usage of the gun.

I'll use the ghost ring sights first for a while but a red dot may be on the cards. I have the el-cheapo Bushnell TRS-25 on my Henry lever action and it is good for what I want. I think another Bushnell would be ideal on the Tac-12.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Mrcoconaut1213 » 29 Nov 2020, 2:40 pm

Hey guys, has anyone struggled to get the muzzle break choke screwed in? Mine doesn't seem to fit for some reason, also anyone know m-lok handguards that are good and will fit the Tac-12?
Mrcoconaut1213
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Woden » 06 Dec 2020, 8:10 am

Mrcoconaut1213 wrote:Hey guys, has anyone struggled to get the muzzle break choke screwed in? Mine doesn't seem to fit for some reason, also anyone know m-lok handguards that are good and will fit the Tac-12?

Will let you know when I finally get mine...if the delivery ever arrives, that is... :cry:
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 06 Dec 2020, 9:08 am

Mrcoconaut1213 wrote:Hey guys, has anyone struggled to get the muzzle break choke screwed in? Mine doesn't seem to fit for some reason, also anyone know m-lok handguards that are good and will fit the Tac-12?

I’ve had no problem with mine.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Woden » 15 Dec 2020, 12:21 pm

These Tac-12s must be like gold. I'm still waiting for a shipment at my nearest dealer. Been coming for a month or more. Is there that much of a hold up for all stock or just these things?
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Patriot » 15 Dec 2020, 12:57 pm

Woden wrote:These Tac-12s must be like gold. I'm still waiting for a shipment at my nearest dealer. Been coming for a month or more. Is there that much of a hold up for all stock or just these things?

Mine took a little under 2 months from ordering to receipt. I ordered directly from Sulan Arms in Perth and had my lgs do the transfer. The hold up was because of Covid issues in Turkey.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Woden » 15 Dec 2020, 5:31 pm

Patriot wrote:The hold up was because of Covid issues in Turkey.

Must be the same here...very frustrating. Hope I get mine before the PTA runs out.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by junjun » 15 Dec 2020, 9:28 pm

Pick up my Tac 12 today. Shot it at the club. I like it a lot. However, the front sight seems off centre a bit too. Will properly measure it tomorrow.
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Woden » 16 Dec 2020, 9:57 am

junjun wrote:Pick up my Tac 12 today. Shot it at the club. I like it a lot. However, the front sight seems off centre a bit too. Will properly measure it tomorrow.

Good to know that you like it. I suppose you can either adjust the front sight or throw on a red dot.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by junjun » 16 Dec 2020, 8:48 pm

Woden wrote:
junjun wrote:Pick up my Tac 12 today. Shot it at the club. I like it a lot. However, the front sight seems off centre a bit too. Will properly measure it tomorrow.

Good to know that you like it. I suppose you can either adjust the front sight or throw on a red dot.

can't be adjust, it's welded on.
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Woden » 17 Dec 2020, 7:03 am

[/quote]can't be adjust, it's welded on.[/quote]

Oh, didn't know that. So, how do you fix it?
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 19 Dec 2020, 2:03 pm

Finally picked up my Tac-12 only today. Impressed with the build and dry function but have some reservations about the tan cerakote finish (patchy - may wipe up okay) and the lack of documentation.

I'm a shotgun newbie so I have no idea what the chokes are in the package. They only have notches to distinguish them. I know I can probably YouTube some info but a simple addition explaining the different chokes and their use would have been appreciated.

If anyone owns a Tac-12 and can help me out with a quick rundown of the chokes I would be very happy to read your advice. I know they vary the pattern but I don't know which is which.

I also bought a 2-pack Spika 12ga snap cap set to dry fire without damaging anything.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 19 Dec 2020, 3:06 pm

Okay, tell me if I'm wrong. One notch is the narrowest spread i.e. Full Choke and the 4 notches is the widest spread i.e. Improved Cylinder Choke. Thank God for Google!

Speaking as a newbie, it would still be nice to have a slip of paper in the choke box to tell me this. However, this is a minor consideration in this age of information and I guess you can find anything on the internet.

What do people who own a Tac-12 use for cleaning their shotgun? Bore snake?
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.