Beretta 1200F

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Beretta 1200F

Post by Shootermick » 30 May 2020, 7:00 pm

Did or does anyone own a semi auto Beretta 1200F? Pretty old gun now. Synthetic stocked 5 shot, I remember when they came out and they were nick named the Plastic Fantastic, or something like that. I always wanted one but didn’t get one and never got to shoot one either. I think they were known to have a bit more recoil due to the light weight and recoil operation. I’m wondering how they’ve stood the test of time.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Beretta 1200F

Post by Col » 31 May 2020, 1:18 pm

Shootermick,

I have a 1200F in the cupboard which I bought secondhand, must be about 25 yrs ago. We grew rice and I needed an auto for the ducks. I would estimate that it has had tens of thousands of rounds through it. I loved because it was plastic and treated like a work tool, always in the ute. It was light and you could shoot whilst driving. The recoil was fine, although you got a few bruises on the arm and shoulder because it never got mounted properly as you can imagine. To reduce the recoil I put some lead shot in the stock and some cotton wool to reduce the noise, it sounded "tinnie". Nowadays when I use it the noise doesnt worry me, as the hearing is not so good.
I have had a feeding issue with 2 shells feeding back from the magazine at once, but I think this due to wear on a retaining lug.

I would genuinely say that mine has stood the test of time pretty well considering the workout I have given it and the number of rounds going out each night during rice season.

Col
Col
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Beretta 1200F

Post by Shootermick » 31 May 2020, 2:56 pm

Col wrote:Shootermick,

I have a 1200F in the cupboard which I bought secondhand, must be about 25 yrs ago. We grew rice and I needed an auto for the ducks. I would estimate that it has had tens of thousands of rounds through it. I loved because it was plastic and treated like a work tool, always in the ute. It was light and you could shoot whilst driving. The recoil was fine, although you got a few bruises on the arm and shoulder because it never got mounted properly as you can imagine. To reduce the recoil I put some lead shot in the stock and some cotton wool to reduce the noise, it sounded "tinnie". Nowadays when I use it the noise doesnt worry me, as the hearing is not so good.
I have had a feeding issue with 2 shells feeding back from the magazine at once, but I think this due to wear on a retaining lug.

I would genuinely say that mine has stood the test of time pretty well considering the workout I have given it and the number of rounds going out each night during rice season.

Col

Thanks Col,
That’s what I was hoping to hear.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.