Adler straight pull

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Adler straight pull

Post by Dingo » 30 May 2020, 9:57 pm

Hi guys , has anybody had issues with feeding / jamming using the straight pulls , I finally took mine out for a run banging some clays when several rounds (Winchester supper target and I foolishly bought a brick )either didn’t feed right or jammed was a little disappointed but I guess u get what u pay for thinking of sending it back and getting NIOA to give it the once over
styer 223 & 308 & a lack of $$$
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Adler straight pull

Post by CrackThump » 30 May 2020, 11:00 pm

Hey Dingo. :)

Which version did you get. ?

I got my B230T near on a year ago. and to be honest, the first few runs were sketchy.. I had feed jams, stove pipes, all sorts of unexpected sh*t lol I even had the magazine drop out on me during firing at the range once lol, that turned out to be the magazine latch retaining screw had come loose under operation. (enter the locktite and everything is fine)

The good news is, after maybe 2 boxes of shells, a couple of cleans, liberal application of lube throughout all the working parts and a few disassemble/reassembles, everything seems to have smoothed out and she cycles flawlessly now.

My only advice would be not to baby it.. dont be gentle on the charging handle, drive it like you stole it man. :P its a bush gun, treat it like one :)
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 30 May 2020, 11:18 pm

I have jams ( can’t operate the lever) after firing sometimes Useing Ely alphamax aaa shot On Ozzie reviews they had the same problem with the same ammo but not with other ammo. So I need to find something that works reliably and I need to sell cheap all my Ely alphamax aaa buckshot loads
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Dingo » 31 May 2020, 12:37 am

Crack thump - I got the b220 pistol grip , the bit that concerns me is the loading flap continually not coming down quick enough and getting stuck on the next round .another one was a round coming back in the behind the flap before ejecting the just fired shell And jaming it right up and then needing to slide the shell forward so the empty could eject . I honestly think they missed a part didn’t fit it right or some thing I probably went thru 4 boxes and had 10 different issues in that hour / hour and a half lots of fun when she is working well and a real bitch when she doesn’t - I treated they way it should be used def not gently . Cheers for the input guys
styer 223 & 308 & a lack of $$$
Dingo
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 31 May 2020, 1:15 am

I get the odd one, but nothing I would get upset about, usually it's me not yanking the bolt back hard enough and only ever with high brass stuff, giving it a good lube and keeping the breech honed out helps a lot, they like to rust
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by jovialjosie2002 » 31 May 2020, 10:00 am

I have the all weather version with the tube magazine. Really, really happy with mine. I would buy another 2 if I had room in the safe. I have had no problems with it. I have used winchester and b&p (remington) slugs, birdshot and buck. The only people who seem to have problems are the ones with the detactable magazines. My suggestion would be to try and get a replacement magazine first and not use eley because several people seem to have problems with it.
jovialjosie2002
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.