BROWNING B525 SPORTER AUST 12GA 30IN INV PLUS

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

BROWNING B525 SPORTER AUST 12GA 30IN INV PLUS

Post by Robin » 21 Jul 2020, 4:46 pm

I'm looking at getting one of these for sporting clay shooting, whats the good, the bad and the ugly on these.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: BROWNING B525 SPORTER AUST 12GA 30IN INV PLUS

Post by solarpak » 22 Jul 2020, 9:29 pm

Robin - a very high quality o/u indeed - 30 inch bbls would be the standard in sporting and if you have at least 3 Invector plus choke with the gun - screw in the IC in the bottom barrel and Modified in the top and get out there!!
The only negative - in my opinion - even though i am a big browning / miroku fan - is the inventor plus chokes - they tend to make the gun quite muzzle heavy. I like my shotguns to balance on the hinge pin and quite a few brownings and mirokus with the INV+ chokes tend to balance 30 -40mm infront of the hinge pin. My Miroku Mk 10 has the Briley S54 the wall chokes (installed by Mialls when they came into the country years ago) and these barrels balance exactly like fixed choke barrels - right on the guns hinge pin. Makes the gun handle much more sweetly - not to say that the INV+ guns wont be nice to shoot - i have shot many of these with very good results indeed.

Cheers
C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.