First shotgun. are Turkish guns good?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: First shotgun. are Turkish guns good?

Post by womble » 18 Nov 2020, 2:24 am

As a sporting gun, these were actually designed and marketed for turkey hunting.
but it’s a great scrub gun for pigs as we use dogs. A slug is a better choice in that case. The red dot is fast to the eyes. The rifled slugs are actually really not that bad at closer ranges. Pretty consistent really. The torch is fine on private property and obviously useful. Field maintenance too easy.
The barrels are’nt rifled so it can fire any size shot. It’s just fine for rabbits and foxes too. But i have a better shotgun for that.

Using a shotgun for home defence in Australia, no matter what the situation, would 100% guarantee you’d be the one going to jail.
As a tactical defence shotgun it would not be a good choice and no-one would recommend it as such. Noise when loading/unloading. Would not trust your life on ejectors.
As a pig gun highly recommend. It’s the right tool for the job in reducing a feral pest. It’s humane. They don’t run away, a slug will drop them every time. and they have a valid use here as such.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by marksman » 18 Nov 2020, 6:28 pm

"Using a shotgun for home defence in Australia, no matter what the situation, would 100% guarantee you’d be the one going to jail."

you had better believe that's where you would be going :wtf:

turkey shotguns are semi auto with a chamber that suits a 3" case eg... the remington 870

your Kirici is advertised as a tacticoooool shotgun at Mialls gunshop in Melbourne

and advertised as a tactical shotgun from Kirici
https://kiricisilah.com/urun/curve-tactical/

l cannot find it advertised for shooting turkeys anywhere :unknown:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TimTimney » 18 Nov 2020, 6:50 pm

LawrenceA wrote:Go to the gun club.
They will have club guns.
Hold a few.
They all feel pretty different.
If you get to shoot a few even better.
Buy what fit/works for you.
Second hand Winchesters and Mirokus turn up pretty often and can be very well priced.

Might I suggest you buy a second hand Trap gun and see if they whole thing is fr you first.
Note that a trap gun shoots differently than a field or skeet gun. They shoot higher.
This does not mean you cannot use a field gun. It just means that many times you will shoot when the clay cannot be seen.
At the end of the day if you enjoy it that is great. May see you around. If not then at least you had a go.
I found Trap and especially skeet has helped heaps for shooting pigs on the run.

Good luck

Very good advise Lawence!
Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Virtue is doing it
TimTimney
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by womble » 18 Nov 2020, 7:00 pm

Does look kinda similar. Mines a bit older, has a big turkey engraved on the receiver. Takes 3” shells. Haha

I dunno maybe you should write some letters to have them banned.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Ausgunner » 20 Mar 2021, 12:44 pm

For anyone questioning the same, the ata, akkar etc are good for the money, come well specd and 5 yr warranty. And if you fit it well and want to buy new they are an honest gun
But they are made to last the warranty period, put one on a table next to a miroku etc and compare parts, tooling and quality of geometry there is a big gap. Yes the turks are great option for a casual shooter, backup gun or budget gun, but the second hand market for the same money you are open to some very good guns.
Ones that will last a lifetime. And are made to a quality not a cost.
Ausgunner
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Tiger650 » 24 Mar 2021, 12:40 am

I think the gun excellent Womble.
The slug would be my second choice behind an SG load, anticipated targets being skinny and such you you would reckon the chance of domino effect neglible. .
I trust that the light is a good quality thing, most potential targets in Melbourne being less reflective.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 24 Mar 2021, 3:37 am

I’m thinking of trading it for that double barrel straight pull monstrosity.
Double tapping with slugs until i run out of money.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.