12g reloading supplies Perth

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

12g reloading supplies Perth

Post by Benevision » 30 Dec 2020, 5:37 pm

Sorry if I'm posting here before my introduction gets processed... I've been looking into doing my own reloading for 12g because my local gun range only allows buckshot to be used and I'm looking to make some lower recoil loads.
The problem is that I can't seem to find reloading supplies anywhere. Specifically shot. Does anyone know where to get stuff locally if possible (WA) or at least in the country?
Cheers
12G Adler B220 PG
.22 Norinco JW-15A
Benevision
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: 12g reloading supplies Perth

Post by bladeracer » 01 Jan 2021, 8:23 pm

Benevision wrote:Sorry if I'm posting here before my introduction gets processed... I've been looking into doing my own reloading for 12g because my local gun range only allows buckshot to be used and I'm looking to make some lower recoil loads.
The problem is that I can't seem to find reloading supplies anywhere. Specifically shot. Does anyone know where to get stuff locally if possible (WA) or at least in the country?
Cheers

Powder you'll have to order through your local dealer as it can't be sent, primers/ammo can be sent but cost a bit due to being Dangerous Goods, and I don't know if you can send them in or to WA anyway. Best to order them with the powder.

Wads and shot can be ordered online, RebelGunWorks are good, although they don't have any buck listed currently. Have you asked your dealer to get some for you?
https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/collections/wads

Or BallisticProducts.
https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Lead-Buckshot/products/65/

Just checked, Rebel can send primers and ammo to WA but only to the TNT depot in Perth.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Benevision » 02 Jan 2021, 2:12 pm

Thanks heaps. I'll check it out.
12G Adler B220 PG
.22 Norinco JW-15A
Benevision
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by mchughcb » 03 Jan 2021, 8:53 am

Getting shotgun reloading components for hunting rounds in Australia is fast becoming impossible. If you find what you need buy as much as you can.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by ob1 » 05 Jan 2021, 5:53 pm

Buckshot or pellets?
Some WA ranges restrict use to 7.5 pellets, not buckshot. About $110 for a slab of 250 in 7.5 and not worth the effort to reload at that price.
If it is buckshot, a can of 160 buckshot (00) is $225 at Claremont Firearms. Also try Downrange in Osborne Park.
ob1
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Benevision » 05 Jan 2021, 7:37 pm

Thanks. The guy at the range actually complained to me about #4 buck being too small. I think that the smaller shot is harder to clean up (it's an indoor range). The cost of the ammunition isn't really the issue, I just wanted to make up some lower recoil buckshot loads for myself, as I ease into the massive increase in recoil over .22, and for my sister.
12G Adler B220 PG
.22 Norinco JW-15A
Benevision
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Tiger650 » 05 Jan 2021, 9:39 pm

Strictly a rifle bloke here so probably wrong but if cleaning up shot is a PITA for the range bloke would he not be a good source for shot ?
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 05 Jan 2021, 10:08 pm

Benevision wrote:Thanks. The guy at the range actually complained to me about #4 buck being too small. I think that the smaller shot is harder to clean up (it's an indoor range). The cost of the ammunition isn't really the issue, I just wanted to make up some lower recoil buckshot loads for myself, as I ease into the massive increase in recoil over .22, and for my sister.

Are you shooting at the lonestar range in belmont?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Benevision » 05 Jan 2021, 10:12 pm

No, it's the range at Midland gun mart. I'm not even sure if lonestar lets you use your own guns to be honest
12G Adler B220 PG
.22 Norinco JW-15A
Benevision
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.