Dickinson T1000 Straight Pull

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Dickinson T1000 Straight Pull

Post by dannyboy2019 » 06 Jan 2021, 4:40 pm

For those with the Dickinson T1000 tactical straight pull (or any T1000 model actually) a aftermarkets adjustable pistol grip is available that also allows the carriage of 4 rounds in the stock.

Its from the SHS straight pull and fits perfectly. Takes 5 minutes to swap. A video is below of what it will look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P48D5xWwfQ

Really recommend this item to make this shotgun more suited to you.
dannyboy2019
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Dickinson T1000 Straight Pull

Post by bladeracer » 06 Jan 2021, 4:46 pm

dannyboy2019 wrote:For those with the Dickinson T1000 tactical straight pull (or any T1000 model actually) a aftermarkets adjustable pistol grip is available that also allows the carriage of 4 rounds in the stock.

Its from the SHS straight pull and fits perfectly. Takes 5 minutes to swap. A video is below of what it will look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P48D5xWwfQ

Really recommend this item to make this shotgun more suited to you.

I don't like hanging ammo off my firearms, way to easy to forget and toss it in the safe with ammo on-board.

I bought the Tactical model pistol grip stock and 20" barrel for my standard field model, they swap over easily and quickly, and they're cheap. $120 I think for the barrel and not much more for the stock.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by linkoln » 06 Jan 2021, 8:03 pm

The length of pull on the Dickinson is too long i would not recommend it.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by bladeracer » 06 Jan 2021, 8:09 pm

linkoln wrote:The length of pull on the Dickinson is too long i would not recommend it.

Seems fine to me.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by dannyboy2019 » 06 Jan 2021, 10:02 pm

linkoln wrote:The length of pull on the Dickinson is too long i would not recommend it.

Interesting. Each to their own.

I enjoy it, so that's all that counts :D .
dannyboy2019
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by linkoln » 07 Jan 2021, 1:57 pm

I had mine for a year and shot it several times but it just wasn't a comfortable gun so I sold it and I'm in line for a sulunarms tac12.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Ziege » 07 Jan 2021, 2:17 pm

the old man has one with a standard stock, it doesnt jam up like my adler, but it cost twice as much so yeah, but I rate it as a shotgun, its not half bad.

I saw the latest ones from Stoeger are pretty nice tho... but not cheap like my adler haha, what can I say I treat my adler like s**t, I wouldn't use a more expensive gun nearly as often, the low price is what makes it fun to own
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by boingk » 09 Jan 2021, 8:35 pm

Frankolin BT3000 here. Love the name, so over the top, and its not a bad bit of equipment either. If anyone is a Futurama fan they might recall a similarity to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s0ldo3K9HU

Side by side at the dealer the Adler and Frankolin were similar, but the action was much slicker and more positive on the frankolin, and the pistol grip / pic rail sold me on the combo. The cerakot isn't a bad addition either.

I've put a few hundred rounds through it and had a decent time of it. Great bush gun, decent sporter in a pinch and overall not terrible. For the $700 odd I paid for it she runs well.

Honestly I had a cheap elastic slip over on the Frankolin and it worked great. Here's a quick pic. Forgive the blur, it had a few other people's kit in it.

- boingk
Last edited by boingk on 09 Jan 2021, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jan 2021, 8:48 pm

Why does that pixelation bother me so much :evil:
:lol:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.