Looking for advice on Miroku MK10 Grade 1 trap gun

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Looking for advice on Miroku MK10 Grade 1 trap gun

Post by scruffa » 31 Mar 2021, 10:26 am

Hi all,
I am very interested in a second-hand straight stock Miroku MK10 Grade 1 trap gun. The owner has told me he's put about 1200 cartridges through it at the range. Question I have is what would you expect to pay for this gun? are there any questions I should ask before going ahead? should I get a condition report from a dealer?

Cheers.
Last edited by scruffa on 31 Mar 2021, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
scruffa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Advice please

Post by Member-Deleted » 31 Mar 2021, 10:32 am

scruffa wrote:s told me he's put about 1200 cartridges through it at the range. Question I have is what would you expect to pay for this gun? are there any questions I should ask before going ahead? should I get a condition report from a dealer?

Cheers.

I'm pretty poor at firearm valuations, but perhaps mentioning what the shotgun is would help others help you. Make, model, gauge etc. :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by No1Mk3 » 31 Mar 2021, 10:56 am

G'day scruffa,
1200 is bugger all for a modern gun, or even an old gun for that matter. Any 2nd hand gun I would offer from 50 to 70% of retail depending on condition. I would not bother having it checked unless the action was loose, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by scruffa » 31 Mar 2021, 10:58 am

No1Mk3,
Thanks mate appreciate it.
scruffa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by scruffa » 31 Mar 2021, 10:59 am

BangWhizzClack
Sorry mate, not sure what happened there
scruffa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 31 Mar 2021, 2:30 pm

Agreed. 1200 rounds through it is not a lot. The guy who worked on my shotty a while back, really likes the Miroku's. Doesn't like the Beretta's though. Didn't say why.
Hope you get to try it out before deciding. Good luck. Let us know what you decide.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 31 Mar 2021, 3:31 pm

1200 rounds. SFA It should still be obviously tight to open.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 31 Mar 2021, 4:21 pm

scruffa wrote:BangWhizzClack
Sorry mate, not sure what happened there

No need to apologise bud :D also, you may know better than me, but I believe a typical match of skeet shooting is 25 shots.

1200 ÷ 25 = 48

That means it shot about 50 matches, more than likely closer to 35 and the rest were probably practice. From that perspective, it doesn't seem like a lot, but I don't have a clue just how many rounds a miroku trap gun would go through before it loses it's dependability.
Member-Deleted

Post by snag » 31 Mar 2021, 6:44 pm

Mirokus generally outlast their owners if they are looked after. If the action's nice and tight and it's generally clean and un-abused, it should be good. I'd like to remove and replace the chokes before I bought it if it were me - got caught out once with a cross-threaded choke. Have a look at Used Guns and some other gun sales sites to see what they're going for.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Looking for advice on Miroku MK10 Grade 1 trap gun

Post by scruffa » 01 Apr 2021, 3:55 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice. Much appreciated. I have one more question I am also checking out a MK38 Grade 1 Sporter tomorrow. It was purchased in 2018 can anyone tell me if this model is steel shot proofed?
scruffa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 01 Apr 2021, 5:09 pm

G'day scruffa,
You can use Standard steel shot in any pretty much any modern (last 40 years at least, 930 Bar proof) gun including the all the Miroku range, but you should not use the High Performance steel unless the gun carries the Fleur-di-Lys (1320 Bar) proof stamp on the barrels. Some English guns may also carry the words "Steel Proofed" but most foreign guns only have the Fleur-di-Lys, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by scruffa » 01 Apr 2021, 5:21 pm

Thanks mate. Once again a world of knowledge
scruffa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by scruffa » 01 Apr 2021, 7:20 pm

Just found this on the Browning Europe site

TECHNICAL DATA • STEEL SHOT PROVED
STEELSHOTAll hunting or sporting shotguns (over-and-under or semi-auto guns) by Browning, Winchester and Miroku fitted with the original chokes (Invector, Steel Invector Plus, Stainless steel Invector Plus, Teague, Briley, Midas, Diamond, Signature chokes) can fire "high performance" steel shot cartridges.

Tested at the Liège test bench (high performance 1370 bars) in accordance with European law on the use of steel shot.
scruffa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.