Can miroku 12g snap cap be used with Stoeger straight pull?

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Can miroku 12g snap cap be used with Stoeger straight pull?

Post by thunderbird » 03 Aug 2021, 9:43 am

Hey guys,

Just wondering if Miroku 2Pk 12 Gauge Shotgun Metal Snap Caps are able to be cycled through Stoeger m3000 straight pull? Thanks
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Can miroku 12g snap cap be used with Stoeger straight pu

Post by CAVEMAN » 03 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm

Snap caps are fine, but don't be shocked if they don't cycle right. Dimensionally fine but there mass plays havoc and your will often find they affect cycling. So don't think your guns stuffed if the snap caps don't function 100%. Real shells are the only way to tell.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 03 Aug 2021, 2:16 pm

thunderbird wrote:Hey guys,

Just wondering if Miroku 2Pk 12 Gauge Shotgun Metal Snap Caps are able to be cycled through Stoeger m3000 straight pull? Thanks

Do you know anybody that reloads shotshells?
Very easy to make some dummy rounds for cycling and dry-firing.
I made some when I was a kid by just gluing some wooden dowel into some spent shells and melting the case mouth around the front end.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 03 Aug 2021, 3:15 pm

They should run fine. Just don't use the plastic ones as they seem to jam in the mag tube.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Patriot » 04 Aug 2021, 5:21 pm

CAVEMAN wrote:Snap caps are fine, but don't be shocked if they don't cycle right. Dimensionally fine but there mass plays havoc and your will often find they affect cycling. So don't think your guns stuffed if the snap caps don't function 100%. Real shells are the only way to tell.

I concur with this. I have straight pull that just will not cycle snaps. The snaps fail to release onto the loading gate from the magazine. But in the field and on the range the shells have never once failed to cycle.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by thunderbird » 05 Aug 2021, 8:07 pm

bladeracer wrote:
thunderbird wrote:Hey guys,

Do you know anybody that reloads shotshells?
Very easy to make some dummy rounds for cycling and dry-firing.
I made some when I was a kid by just gluing some wooden dowel into some spent shells and melting the case mouth around the front end.

yeah, I was thinking of making dummy rounds out of used shells. Just concern about the fact that they look too similar to real rounds. But so far it seems to be the most reliable way
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by thunderbird » 05 Aug 2021, 8:08 pm

Thanks, guys for the tips. Probably save me some $$$. Will try to make some out of used shells
thunderbird
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.