Who wants a cheap shotgun

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Who wants a cheap shotgun

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 18 Aug 2021, 11:31 am

I just observed on the Barns facebook that the importer has reduced the price on Francolin shotguns to $499. In Queensland a genuine reason is not legally required for cat A firearms, so I am going to buy one just because I can. For that price it wont matter if it only lasts a few years.

https://www.thebarn.net.au/Products/Fra ... EvN1o6W7zU
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Who wants a cheap shotgun

Post by rc42 » 18 Aug 2021, 2:23 pm

Technically, you still do need a genuine reason, just not a new one for each firearm which is a crazy restriction in other states.

Straight pull shotguns would be OK if you have access to private land to go hunting or plinking (recreational shooting) but are largely useless at ranges as the second shot is too slow for clays.
Personally I'd be more tempted by a lever action shotgun than a straight pull but I'm very happy with my under/over for clay shooting.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Italianorama » 19 Aug 2021, 4:57 pm

rc42 wrote:Technically, you still do need a genuine reason, just not a new one for each firearm which is a crazy restriction in other states.

Straight pull shotguns would be OK if you have access to private land to go hunting or plinking (recreational shooting) but are largely useless at ranges as the second shot is too slow for clays.
Personally I'd be more tempted by a lever action shotgun than a straight pull but I'm very happy with my under/over for clay shooting.

Depends which discipline your in to.
I have a o/u for clays and thinking to get a straight pull for practical shooting.
Italianorama
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Italianorama » 19 Aug 2021, 4:59 pm

rc42 wrote:Technically, you still do need a genuine reason, just not a new one for each firearm which is a crazy restriction in other states.

Depends which discipline your in to.
I have a o/u for clays and thinking to get a straight pull for practical shooting.
Italianorama
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 19 Aug 2021, 5:54 pm

Same in Victoria, have as many CatA as we want with no questions asked.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 19 Aug 2021, 6:02 pm

The genuine reason is for the firearms licence not the acquisition of the cat A firearms. I can guarantee you will never be asked for a genuine reason when you apply to acquire cat A firearms. If you do you should not answer the question and seek legal advise because the law is very clear about this.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 19 Aug 2021, 6:07 pm

Bolt action shotguns are great fun and yes I agree, they are rather useless for clays. They are great on private land for a bit of fun.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by boingk » 19 Aug 2021, 7:49 pm

Go for it mate, the Frankolin BT3000, other than having one of the most insanely awesome names out there at the moment... is a decent gun.

Rails, ghost ring sights, cerakoted, decent pistolgrip stock, the thing is a bargain at $500. Mine came with compensator-tipped chokes as well, so extra tactical points there if that's your jam.

I experimented with the sights and a red dot before finally removing the front sight and rear rail entirely and sighting light that. Whiteout on the rear of the front lug makes a good bead.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.