Dickinson T1000 safety reversal

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Dickinson T1000 safety reversal

Post by Grumpy » 04 Oct 2021, 12:56 am

Hi all.
Does anyone know if the safety can be reversed on the T1000? The reason being is I’m a right handed shooter but bought the left handed tactical model so I could operate the bolt with my left hand. I didn’t give a thought to the fact that the safety would also be set for a lefty. It’s not a big deal but would be nice to use muscle memory developed over the years instead of having to think about which way I’m activating the safety.
Attachments
1B3D23A4-73BF-4543-AFA1-C9AB3E0E787A.jpeg
1B3D23A4-73BF-4543-AFA1-C9AB3E0E787A.jpeg (307.83 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
Grumpy
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Dickinson T1000 safety reversal

Post by bladeracer » 04 Oct 2021, 2:04 am

Grumpy wrote:Hi all.
Does anyone know if the safety can be reversed on the T1000? The reason being is I’m a right handed shooter but bought the left handed tactical model so I could operate the bolt with my left hand. I didn’t give a thought to the fact that the safety would also be set for a lefty. It’s not a big deal but would be nice to use muscle memory developed over the years instead of having to think about which way I’m activating the safety.

I have had the trigger group out but didn't look closely at the safety.
It might be simply a matter of installing it reversed, but it also might use different parts, you'll have to have a look at it.
I don't use the safety at all.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by MontyShooter » 04 Oct 2021, 8:57 am

I've never used the safety on mine either. I wonder if it's even reversed on the left hand model...
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Grumpy » 04 Oct 2021, 10:31 am

MontyShooter wrote:I've never used the safety on mine either. I wonder if it's even reversed on the left hand model...

Definitely reversed.
Grumpy
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Grumpy » 04 Oct 2021, 10:52 am

bladeracer wrote:
Grumpy wrote:Hi all.

I have had the trigger group out but didn't look closely at the safety.
It might be simply a matter of installing it reversed, but it also might use different parts, you'll have to have a look at it.
I don't use the safety at all.

This is what I was thinking, just thought I’d check the brain trust before stripping it down. If it’s simply installing reversed I’ll pull the trigger group & do it next time it needs a good clean. If it requires replacing parts unless they are available & are a straightforward fit, it’s not something I’ll bother with.
Grumpy
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.