Sydney International Shooting Centre

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Sydney International Shooting Centre

Post by duddley75 » 18 Oct 2021, 1:22 pm

So I am considering adding to my collection by purchasing a 12 gauge Adler straight pull.

I have seen you can do casual shotgun shooting at the SISC.

Has anyone done it there before? What is the setup? Is it like St Marys SSAA where you can just take your firearm and have a shoot etc.
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Sydney International Shooting Centre

Post by Bugman » 18 Oct 2021, 2:31 pm

I would suggest you contact them, in particular the shotgun clubs and see if they can accommodate you. Maybe someone else can add more info.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by rc42 » 18 Oct 2021, 9:45 pm

Definitely contact them first, some shotgun specific clubs will only allow a very narrow range of shotgun barrel lengths, actions and magazine capacity. General shooting clubs like SSAA are much more flexible.

For clubs that focus on Olympic type sports events I would expect that to mean very little other than >28" barrel length and a maximum of 2 barrels for break action or a total capacity of 2 rounds for a semi-auto if you have a Cat C license for some medical reason with no straight pull, lever or pump actions allowed.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Harrynsw » 19 Oct 2021, 6:28 am

Your follow up shot will be delayed if shooting clays.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by duddley75 » 19 Oct 2021, 12:58 pm

rc42 wrote:Definitely contact them first, some shotgun specific clubs will only allow a very narrow range of shotgun barrel lengths, actions and magazine capacity. General shooting clubs like SSAA are much more flexible.

Spoke to SISC, whilst they allows Adler Straight pulls to be used, it is only permitted to be a single shot loaded at any one time. No preloading 5 rounds for example.

:thumbsdown:
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 19 Oct 2021, 3:15 pm

Well you have your answer. A bummer that it is :(
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by big matt » 22 Oct 2021, 2:16 pm

so definitely won't be taking my MH 12 then....lol
big matt
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Woden » 29 Nov 2021, 1:15 pm

Went there with my Sulun Arms Tac12 and had no problem. As someone said, you are only permitted to load a single shell in the breech. Hit a few clays so didn't mind. The other guys with the competition shotties thought it was quite interesting and didn't give me a hard time.
DaZ
Woden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Diamond Jim » 04 Dec 2021, 12:47 am

For not a huge amount more money you could buy a new or second-hand O/U gun ( Akkar, Huglu etc.) that I think you'd have a lot more enjoyment from.

That's my opinion only, yours will be different, but I can't stand the thought of a "neutered" semi-auto or pump substitute.
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.